TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: T2 FM: Mystery of the Upper Quarter, Mission 1 (May 17, 2018)

This is a very nice mission but I agree that it could use more guards on expert. I am 21 short of the loot objective. There were a few things I noticed that could be fixed if there is an update: some areas have no room brushes, I was able to climb "inside" the statue at the waterfront, and some textures have no schema associated with them. I also noticed that there are two different water textures in the sea, and one is nearly transparent.

Also the Archer on the cylindrical tower has an arrow that can't be picked because the player can't access that archer. As a result the pick stats are affected. The brick wall near that archer has wood on top. I really enjoyed playing this mission though.
    Last edited by john9818a; 27th May 2018 at 17:51. Reason: Added info

Thank you for playing the mission everyone! Glad to see the positive reactions.

The bugs that have been found so far are minor in my opinion. I'm not sure if I will update this yet. It's still only a fan mission so in my opinion it's not something of utmost importance. As long as the objectives work fine and all loot can be found. Still, I appreciate all bug reports as they can help me in my future missions!

Congratulations, Niborius. It's been a while since I've played any Thief so I'm very much looking forward to getting stuck in.

I climbed up into the square tower with the archer to ko him out but he was able to see me even from behind.

Is there a English version to this mission? The game is playable but I can't read the notes or anything. I am also stuck in the Pyramid place with all the books. Been looking all over the ground floor area for a switch or something. Can I get a spoiler please?

Quote Originally Posted by bedwine View Post
    Is there a English version to this mission? The game is playable but I can't read the notes or anything.
    The only version of this mission known to me does already contain the english version. Can you tell us which FM loader you use (FM-Selector, Darkloader, New Darkloader), and what language is defined in the DARKINST.CFG file in your T2 NewDark directory?

Quote Originally Posted by bedwine View Post
    I am also stuck in the Pyramid place with all the books. Been looking all over the ground floor area for a switch or something. Can I get a spoiler please?
    You will not find any switch in the ground floor area. Look for a switch somewhere else instead. However, since you apparently can't read any notes, you are probably missing a hint. I think it goes like this: There's a switch hidden somewhere above the ground floor. Or should I say far above the ground floor?

@Bedwine, there was a version available for a very short time that did not contain the Book files, perhaps you got a hold of that one? You can try to download the new mission and put the Books folder in your thief installation folder, that way you won't need to go through the mission again. Be wary though that your FM selector program might not see these files so you may have to manually delete the book files again when you uninstall the mission or install another one.

Also, as for the important readable: The lieutenant has hidden a switch somewhere on the roof

stuck in warehouse with spiders have a warehouse key but can't get out ... help please ...great mission

Really enjoying this fm, love the textures and greek atmosphere!!

I'm in the temple now. On the second floor in an office there's a secreto door I can't find a switch for
    And on the roof cannot find any switch as well

Any help pls?

Quote Originally Posted by maika View Post
    stuck in warehouse with spiders have a warehouse key but can't get out
    There are two exits to this area: The main door to the street and a wooden door on another wall. Did you try your warehouse key on the wooden door already? For there are also two keys to the warehouse, one for each of these exits.

Quote Originally Posted by maga View Post
    I'm in the temple now. On the second floor in an office there's a secreto door I can't find a switch for
    And on the roof cannot find any switch as well
    By "temple", you refer to the slightly pyramid-shaped house with lots of books inside? In that case, you indeed need to find that switch (or rather a button) on the roof. It's in one of the gaps in the battlement, directly adjacent to the ladder used to get up there. This is the button that opens the secret door to the left of a desk.

Thank you baeuchlein! I had searched and searched, how could I be so blind?????

I missed it at first, too. Only when going there for a second time and really looking in every little niche did I find it.

found a small niche but can't reach the button ... shooting an arrow in didn't help ... any clues please

found it

Great mission. I didn't mind the backtracking cos I knew exactly where I had to go. When's Mission 2 coming?

Niborius,
    Thanks for this mission. Great work!

When is mission 2 coming?

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123