TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile

Thread: Lost City - The Tomb of Seti I

Lost City - The Tomb of Seti I

Something I noticed a few months ago when watching Engineering An Empire: Egypt: the tomb in the Lost City - the one with the Water Talisman (TDP) or lever (TG) - is based very heavily on the Tomb of Seti I in Egypt.

It's not lost no more

that is amazing i had no idea,the side by side was pretty much perfect

My mind is blown.

someone should make the catacombs under Europe in a mission :P = where the skulls are stacked along walls

Wow - almost twenty years later and we're still discovering things. Nice find!
    Last edited by TannisRoot; 25th May 2018 at 12:37.

i want to say thief 1 version of lost city is better then thief gold

i just replay the thief gold version and it had mages all over it no fire balls,as a person who started with first thief they sure butchered it in thief gold,no water in the tomb anymore,just the lever and some loot

Quote Originally Posted by downwinder View Post
    i want to say thief 1 version of lost city is better then thief gold

i just replay the thief gold version and it had mages all over it no fire balls,as a person who started with first thief they sure butchered it in thief gold,no water in the tomb anymore,just the lever and some loot
    I have to agree about the mages, part of the charm of the original Lost City was the sense you were totally alone-having other humans around eliminates a lot of those feelings.

That's awesome man!

That was very interesting. And if the real-life tomb raiders had to do the thing of shooting arrows into the ceiling and jumping from rope to rope to cross the pit, well I suppose they might have earned a gold vase or two

On another note, we already know that Keepers go there, there are even bodies. So mages being there wasn't too bad for me. But to each their own of course.

Quote Originally Posted by Independent Thief View Post
    I have to agree about the mages, part of the charm of the original Lost City was the sense you were totally alone-having other humans around eliminates a lot of those feelings.
    True. Unna Oertdottir kindly edited the original mission file from TDP per my request to make it fit into TG story (removed the Water Talisman and the goal to find it). Just replace the file in TG installation.

https://cloud.mail.ru/public/JRxK/vzJDLqJKd

Doesn't that make the area in the video useless?

I was looking for such a mod, but I think you'd have to put something else there instead, like the lever in TG.

Keyla the Otter
    I wonder what other historical references this game makes.