TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 18 of 20 FirstFirst ... 381314151617181920 LastLast
Results 426 to 450 of 489

Thread: Object Repository

  1. #426
    Member
    Registered: Oct 2004
    Location: Ireland/Poland
    Quote Originally Posted by Soul Tear View Post
    I'm not sure that it worked out well, so any criticism is welcome.
    I think the models look really nice and the textures are a good base, but look a bit generic - they miss some details, like smaller folds or contact shadows (mostly between rope and the wrapping cloth).
    I actually made similar models for the Dark Mod back in the days. Not saying they're perfect, but this is to illustrate what I mean:
    http://www.juliusz.kei.pl/models/package.html

    Same for the bags - adding smaller folds painted in textures would help.
    Last edited by PinkDot; 30th Dec 2017 at 14:41.

  2. #427
    Member
    Registered: Mar 2012
    Location: Moscow, Russia
    Quote Originally Posted by Le MAlin 76 View Post
    That is very nice ! There will be low-poly version (to use lod) ? I think many of these high poly objects could add some lag in-game.
    Well, these are indoor objects. I use grasj1 as LoD (for all indoor and those that are obscured by others).

    I do not think that it makes sense to place a bag with potatoes on the street (in this case, you really could see the grass instead of a bag ). But it's not difficult to make a LoD, and perhaps I will make them and add to the archives.

    Quote Originally Posted by PinkDot View Post
    I think the models look really nice and the textures are a good base, but look a bit generic - they miss some details, like smaller folds or contact shadows (mostly between rope and the wrapping cloth).
    I actually made similar models for the Dark Mod back in the days. Not saying they're perfect, but this is to illustrate what I mean:
    http://www.juliusz.kei.pl/models/package.html

    Same for the bags - adding smaller folds painted in textures would help.
    I like your texture. I did it in a different way, so to speak, a lazy method. I do not really like to mess around with textures, so I just used my standard texture for all the objects where it's suitable. but I'll take this into account for the future. With a serious approach, each model must have its own texture.

  3. #428
    Member
    Registered: Aug 2006
    Location: France (Saint-Gobain)
    well since nobody else uploads the T2x objects i can continue uploading the objects, how do i make an image to be clicked and enlarged in Thief object repository?

  4. #429
    Member
    Registered: Jan 2001
    Location: Formby, NW England
    For clickable images there's an option when attaching them, but having just looked at your last post, you've already set it correctly and it should be remembered.

    It's been a while, so you if you want to re-familiarize yourself with the upload procedure, read this page: http://spirited-tech.com/thief/upload-instructions/
    I recommend that after uploading the first object you check that the post works as expected (including the clickable image). If there are any problems it'll be best to ask for advice (or carry out your own investigation) before uploading anything else, but I'm confident things will go smoothly.

    Thanks Cardia

  5. #430
    Member
    Registered: Aug 2006
    Location: France (Saint-Gobain)
    Quote Originally Posted by R Soul View Post
    For clickable images there's an option when attaching them, but having just looked at your last post, you've already set it correctly and it should be remembered.

    It's been a while, so you if you want to re-familiarize yourself with the upload procedure, read this page: http://spirited-tech.com/thief/upload-instructions/
    I recommend that after uploading the first object you check that the post works as expected (including the clickable image). If there are any problems it'll be best to ask for advice (or carry out your own investigation) before uploading anything else, but I'm confident things will go smoothly.

    Thanks Cardia
    Thank you!

    Youre welcome Robin, it's my pleasure to contribute with anything to this community, if you all agree i can also host objects related with the thief world with their author's permission obviously.

  6. #431
    Member
    Registered: Jan 2001
    Location: Formby, NW England
    One final thing: please don't use 'uncategorized'. The existing list should be enough to cover Thief-style objects.

    Edit: uncategorized has now gone. There' has to be some default, so I changed it to a . which is less of a problematic if people forget to remove it.
    Last edited by R Soul; 16th Feb 2018 at 17:52.

  7. #432
    Member
    Registered: Aug 2006
    Location: France (Saint-Gobain)
    Quote Originally Posted by R Soul View Post
    One final thing: please don't use 'uncategorized'. The existing list should be enough to cover Thief-style objects.

    Edit: uncategorized has now gone. There' has to be some default, so I changed it to a . which is less of a problematic if people forget to remove it.
    Ok, i had already the pictures to be clicked, im not sure this is important but i saw this warning there: "WordPress 4.9.4 is available! Please notify the site administrator."

  8. #433
    Member
    Registered: Mar 2012
    Location: Moscow, Russia
    I noticed that the models from Rose Cottage are still not uploaded. There are many beautiful things. Does this mean that Saturnine did not allow it?

  9. #434
    Member
    Registered: Jun 2011
    Location: ���&#5671
    @Cardia Thank you man! Your work is much appreciated! But please don't upload weird stuff like last time, just focus on objects made by authors for FM authors

    Quote Originally Posted by Soul Tear View Post
    I noticed that the models from Rose Cottage are still not uploaded. There are many beautiful things. Does this mean that Saturnine did not allow it?
    I asked that earlier and that's not the case, it's just that nobody have done it yet

  10. #435
    Desperately Dodgy Moderator
    Registered: Nov 2001
    Location: Fields of bluegrass
    To confirm what Squada said, Saturnine has given his approval for his objects to be shared.

  11. #436
    Member
    Registered: Aug 2006
    Location: France (Saint-Gobain)
    If you want i can upload the objects from the Rose Cottage, although im not sure if all objects were made by Saturnine.

  12. #437
    Member
    Registered: Jun 2011
    Location: ���&#5671
    Quote Originally Posted by Cardia View Post
    If you want i can upload the objects from the Rose Cottage, although im not sure if all objects were made by Saturnine.
    Maybe this problem can be solved with a "Team Rose Cottage" tag.

  13. #438
    Member
    Registered: Nov 2001
    Location: uk
    Quote Originally Posted by Soul Tear View Post
    I noticed that the models from Rose Cottage are still not uploaded. There are many beautiful things. Does this mean that Saturnine did not allow it?
    It means that I'm lazy.

    Most of them were made by me, with textures by Saturnine, some of them were entirely me, some entirely him, some came from other sources and I think a few were made for the mission by someone else.
    I've not bothered to sort through them though to work out which are which.

  14. #439
    Desperately Dodgy Moderator
    Registered: Nov 2001
    Location: Fields of bluegrass
    That would be great, if you have the time. Or if you're OK with us just going with a Team Rose Cottage tag, that will save you the trouble.

  15. #440
    Member
    Registered: Jan 2001
    Location: Formby, NW England
    How about The Rose Cottage Crew?

  16. #441
    Member
    Registered: Mar 2012
    Location: Moscow, Russia
    Quote Originally Posted by Cardia View Post
    If you want i can upload the objects from the Rose Cottage, although im not sure if all objects were made by Saturnine.
    It would be great. But please make a larger scale for small models or a larger image resolution or zooming (but the first one is better). The meaning of this repository is to give a good visual representation to help the authors quickly decide on the concept of their project.

  17. #442
    Member
    Registered: Aug 2006
    Location: France (Saint-Gobain)
    Youre right Soul Tear, ill use larger images instead. Tomorrow i will host more objects, due to work ill be only able to host objects around 2 a 3 times a week

  18. #443
    Desperately Dodgy Moderator
    Registered: Nov 2001
    Location: Fields of bluegrass
    Thanks Pedro, but please don't upload any Rose Cottage objects until we hear back from caffeinatedzombeh on how he wants them tagged.

  19. #444
    Member
    Registered: Aug 2006
    Location: France (Saint-Gobain)
    Quote Originally Posted by Yandros View Post
    Thanks Pedro, but please don't upload any Rose Cottage objects until we hear back from caffeinatedzombeh on how he wants them tagged.
    Alright Russ, ill be waiting for any news regarding Rose Cottage.

  20. #445
    Member
    Registered: Nov 2001
    Location: uk
    I think it's a bit unfair to expect any of you to have to sort through nonsense like orange.gif being the purple version of something and such helpfully named objects as fcmod (flying cat monkey o'death I believe)

    I've made a start on it and all of the more reusable things should start appearing on the repository in the next few days. There are quite a few nice things in there that ought to be used again as well as a bunch of things that are very very specific. Whether you'll get much use out of the potentially generic but not really fitting the typical thief aesthetic stuff I've no idea.

  21. #446
    Desperately Dodgy Moderator
    Registered: Nov 2001
    Location: Fields of bluegrass
    Tannar actually reskinned the reel tape recorder for our noir mission into a 1940's aesthetic, although everything from that mission is so non-Thief universe that it's pretty silly to upload it to the repository.
    Last edited by Yandros; 19th Feb 2018 at 21:33.

  22. #447
    Member
    Registered: Aug 2006
    Location: France (Saint-Gobain)
    Quote Originally Posted by caffeinatedzombeh View Post
    I think it's a bit unfair to expect any of you to have to sort through nonsense like orange.gif being the purple version of something and such helpfully named objects as fcmod (flying cat monkey o'death I believe)

    I've made a start on it and all of the more reusable things should start appearing on the repository in the next few days. There are quite a few nice things in there that ought to be used again as well as a bunch of things that are very very specific. Whether you'll get much use out of the potentially generic but not really fitting the typical thief aesthetic stuff I've no idea.
    Are you talking about the beige purse? If that's the case i can eliminate the object. But i have to say that alot of T2X objects are just normal thief objects with a different color. What the other people think about this?

  23. #448
    Desperately Dodgy Moderator
    Registered: Nov 2001
    Location: Fields of bluegrass
    Pedro, caffzomb was only talking specifically about the Rose Cottage objects, unless I'm mistaken. He doesn't want anyone else to have to figure out what textures go with which object models from that mission, plus only he and Saturnine know which of them made which objects anyway.

  24. #449
    Member
    Registered: Aug 2006
    Location: France (Saint-Gobain)
    Quote Originally Posted by Yandros View Post
    Pedro, caffzomb was only talking specifically about the Rose Cottage objects, unless I'm mistaken. He doesn't want anyone else to have to figure out what textures go with which object models from that mission, plus only he and Saturnine know which of them made which objects anyway.
    Ahhh, ok my mistake

  25. #450
    Member
    Registered: Jun 2011
    Location: ���&#5671
    Thank you very much Cardia!
    But seems like you stopped, would you like me to continue the uploading of T2x objects ?

Page 18 of 20 FirstFirst ... 381314151617181920 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •