TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567

Thread: The Black Frog - mission 2 - The Portrait

I haven't watched your video of it. What are the crates for? And what was it that prevented Supreme? My memory may be faulty, but I know I ghosted the garden several times with zero alerts of any kind.

I explain the situation in the video report between 2:44:45 and 2:48:00. Ultimately, you can't avoid entering the back end of the garden without a first alert. At least I was never able to. If you say you definitely did it multiple times, and that Peter Smith did as well, then I must have missed an obvious way of sneaking by that guard. Please enlighten me if that's the case. I use the crates to climb the wall and get high enough to avoid the guard's view.
    Klatremus' Supreme Thief Site - Walkthroughs, Loot Lists & Ghost Reports
    Let's Supreme Ghost Thief - YouTube Channel with Thief Let's Plays

And what was it that prevented Supreme?
    Yeah, sorry, my bad, I meant Perfect Supreme. One can Supreme it without crates, that's true.

Quote Originally Posted by ultravioletu View Post
    Yeah, sorry, my bad, I meant Perfect Supreme. One can Supreme it without crates, that's true.
    Yes, that's a definite distinction, but in this case I suppose we were actually discussing just getting through the garden without a first alert, so in that respect one can't Supreme the mission including the garden without crates (if klatremus' claim is true). Also, if memory serves, you need an item found there to complete the mission, but I might not be remembering that correctly.

Quote Originally Posted by klatremus View Post
    I explain the situation in the video report between 2:44:45 and 2:48:00. Ultimately, you can't avoid entering the back end of the garden without a first alert. At least I was never able to. If you say you definitely did it multiple times, and that Peter Smith did as well, then I must have missed an obvious way of sneaking by that guard. Please enlighten me if that's the case. I use the crates to climb the wall and get high enough to avoid the guard's view.
    To be honest, it's been a long time and many missions tested since then, so I can't swear that my memory is accurate. I seem to recall being able to get around that lit corner on the hedge by waiting there a bit and watching the guard. There seemed to be some fidgety movements he executed and if you timed it right you could get past him without an alert either when he started such a movement or right as he finished it. It didn't work every time, but it did work occasionally. It's also possible that I'm mistaken and I'm thinking of a different situation. I wish my memory of it was better. If I find the time I'll try it and see if it is as I thought.

okay thanks, I'll try that and post a short update.

Patience was never my strong suit - no wonder I haven't come up with this approach myself...

Quote Originally Posted by Tannar View Post
    I seem to recall being able to get around that lit corner on the hedge by waiting there a bit and watching the guard. There seemed to be some fidgety movements he executed and if you timed it right you could get past him without an alert either when he started such a movement or right as he finished it.
    This sounds very interesting Tannar. I've never heard of this move but it could make several "impossible" situations worth revisiting. I don't have the chance to check it right now but perhaps ultravioletu will.

Quote Originally Posted by ultravioletu View Post
    Yes, you can skip the back area of the garden for Supreme and still finish the mission. All you'll miss is loot. Of course, you will also have to skip the key in the corpse (and the hatchet that let's you retrieve the key) in the same garden area, and that you can only do if you manage to take the portrait without getting seen by the camera (the one the key from the corpse enables you to turn off).
    Last edited by Tannar; 23rd Jun 2016 at 01:06. Reason: Added spoiler cover

Well, as I said, I can't swear unequivocally that I'm remembering it correctly. I wish Peter was around to verify. But when my work schedule permits I'll try to load the mission and play to that point. Perhaps I will remember more clearly once I'm there.

Hm, no success, but that doesn't mean much, I'm still in diapers at "supreming"; plus my kid got bored after twenty-or-so minutes of tediousness, I had to return to some funnier-to-watch action. Or it's perhsps the new dark...

Well thanks for trying it out anyway. I did mess with that guard for a looong time, trying everywhich way to avoid him. Trust me, I didn't resort to an 8-crate haul without being 99.9% sure it was the only way. Of course, that doesn't mean I couldn't be wrong.

Yeah with the ultra fast stimuli in today's entertainment, very few kids would sit through even 5 min of Supreme ghosting. I know mine wouldn't lol.

Genius mission

Am I missing something? When I'm in the tower, I can hear snoring nearby. Is there a way to get to this snorer?

Quote Originally Posted by uncadonego View Post
    Am I missing something? When I'm in the tower, I can hear snoring nearby. Is there a way to get to this snorer?
    In the west tower I can hear a moaning, sobbing voice but no snoring. Where are you exactly ?

The tower with the suici8de

Quote Originally Posted by uncadonego View Post
    The tower with the suici8de
    Restartet this mission and went to the tower with the dead guy , but besides what I already described I cannot hear someone snoring. Maybe someone with a better hearing can help you, sorry.

I kind of remember hearing snoring in that tower also...I always assumed that it was just one of the guards outside the mansion that I was hearing. I do know that there were several times that I alerted a guard when making too much noise in the tower, again I assumed it was just one of the guards outside.

Put the headphones on and yeah, it's not a guard but an ambient

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567