TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile

Thread: Gathering at the Inn FM - 2003.02.10 - HELP please

Gathering at the Inn FM - 2003.02.10 - HELP please

I have all of the objectives finished except for ruining lady verselli's business. Could anyone give me a hint as to how i do that? If you can, don't tell me explicitly.

spoiler:
    It involves a fire wand and a blacksmith.

Mods - can you move this to the FM forum please?

GatI-

Finished all objectives except
    spoiler:
    doing something extra in LeBlanc' room. I heard him say he needed underwear...is that pouring sand on him? I know I saw some underwear in a room on a table..now I can't find the underwear. Where was it?

I have not had too many problems running this FM. 2-3 times it crashed to a blank screen when I finished reading a letter, note, or book.

It's especially handy to have all the keys on one key ring instead of running through the inventory. That was an excellent idea.

spoiler:
    The water arrows near the politician's room were unattainable when I broke the window with the blackjack. It worked with the sword. So,..I guess that is the correct way to get water arrows?

Overall, I am impressed by the new conversations and up-dated Inn.

Now, if someone would please help me with LeBlanc, I could go on taffin' and enjoying.

There's
    spoiler:
    a map in one of the other rooms. Put it in place of the Diamond Mine map so he won't notice you've taken it too quickly.

GatI

Ahhhh, soooo. Didn't know what to do with the
    spoiler:
    other map...or the free meal ticket. Is there any use for the rat poison>

TA DA! Nightwalker to the rescue again.

They are alternative ways to solve the problem with Lord Pearsall.

GatI

After posting previously, I found out one way to
    spoiler:
    sicken Lord Pearsall..use the hankie and pass it over the baby burrick...ugghh..then frob it on Pearsall...haha
    Does the
    spoiler:
    milk shake do the same thing to Pearsall; I didn't try that?

As for the
    spoiler:
    rat poison..can't seem to click it on anything. There must be a use for it

Still looking for more gold and something
    spoiler:
    special for Dante's' girl to impress her
    Stumped but working on these.

I love an excellent FM like this!

spoiler:
    There are 3 solutions to making Pearsall sick. The Rat poison can be added to the drink on the tray in the kitchen but I presume only if you haven't already put the 'shroom shake there. You've already discovered the hankie solution. Yuck!

RE: The the thing to impress Sheam....
    spoiler:
    look in the attic of the inn...

spoiler:
    under the bed

GatI

Goody, Goody Maybe I will now get this finished SlyFoxx. The quest is optional, but I didn't want to leave without Sheam's gift....

Mighty thanks.

I Need help with the secrets I only got two:
    spoiler:
    The chest on the secret attic where you had to use a rope arrow to get to the broken ladder

and
    spoiler:
    The secret connection between Room 5 and Lord Persivalls room next to the fireplace

but where is the third one?

IIRC the 3rd secret is not really a secret in the normal sence.

spoiler:
    go for a swim

spoiler:
    it's next to a corpse

Where is the bell?

Voice Actor
    The meal ticket is one of the ways to get into the Inn:
    spoiler:
    Give the meal ticket to somebody who needs it. Where can he spend the ticket? Follow him when he goes there.

Don

OMG! I gave
    spoiler:
    the meal ticket to the bum warming himself by a fire in a barrel (by a closed gate) & then followed him back to the Inn. He presented the ticket to the 'pirate' Innkeeper (that character had me R'gOFLMAO!!! Great touch, BTW!) who in turn gave him one of his 'spacial' (that's the way he spelled it, honest!) shakes. The bum took the shake into the dining room, took a sip and then promptly keeled over!

I couldn't continue playing for the next five minutes because I was laughing so hard! I've even just hung out by the pirate Innkeeper for a couple minutes just to hear him go through his 'Aarrrgh' routine.

Bringing this topic out of mothballs... I hope this is the right thread to ask a technical question. I just changed computers. It was time. I started Thief. Stuff's working fine. The original game and FMs. -- Except for this FM, Gathering At The Inn. I see the starting video clip just fine. Then the screen with objectives comes up. When I click Continue, the game either freezes or an error window pops up, stating there's been a problem, and the program is shut off automatically. Is this a common issue or something unique to my rig? Please tell me there's an easy fix... Any help is much appreciated. Other FMs work fine. I've tested a dozen or so.

Desperately Dodgy Moderator
    I'm not good at diagnosing problems like this, but the ones who are will ask you for details of how you installed it on the new rig, so you may as well post that here.

Dóttirin klęšist oft móšur möttli
    There are some issues with this FM, related to the custom scripts and Darkloader. Uninstall the FM. Use FMSel/NewDarkloader.