TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile

Thread: Thief 3 Fix for Stutter?

Thief 3 Fix for Stutter?

Does anyone know a fix for the consistent stutter? It seems to be a vsync issue as It occurs every second like clockwork, almost as though it skips a few frames, or doubles them. Turning off vsync doesn't help. I remember this was an issue in ES Oblivion as well, something about the cpu clock syncing/updating at 64hz that was fixed in the Oblivion Stutter Remover.
    I'm running Windows 10 64, and I have the Sneaky Upgrade Installed.

its the game engine

i have never seen anyone run thief 3 without the sluggish movment,some worse then others but over all not even close to the feel of t1/2

Quote Originally Posted by downwinder View Post
    its the game engine

i have never seen anyone run thief 3 without the sluggish movment,some worse then others but over all not even close to the feel of t1/2
    Where did I mention anything about sluggish movement? My focus is the micro stutters/pauses that occur every 60 frames.

Sneaky Upgrader
    Periodical stutter like you describe is new to me (or I don't remember ). A couple of general suggestions - try one at a time:

• When you have the game running, hit the Windows key. Then open Task Manager and raise the priority for the Thief3 process to 'high'. (Right-click on it in the Details tab, select Set priority...) Then go back to the game.
    • Copy the d3d8.dll file from dgVoodoo into the System folder in your install. (You should see a watermark in the game.) This will make the game run on D3D11, which may make a difference

If you try these, please post your findings whether it helps or not.