TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 26 to 35 of 35

Thread: Object wanted: Exterior wall lamp

  1. #26
    Member
    Registered: Aug 2006
    Location: France (Saint-Gobain)
    Many thanks Yuri, the lamp is perfect!

    here it is, in the abandoned textil factory :



    in the closed old school:





    And moreover i learned today how to do transparent parts and half-transparent parts in the same texture, like in this skylight , youll notice the glasses are half-transparent and the holes in the cracks are totally transparent, and the metal frames are opac:



    Yuri can i host the object to Object Repository for others to use it just in case they want?

  2. #27
    Member
    Registered: May 2006
    Location: Russia
    Of course, it's your object now.
    BTW, I love the first screen most of all, it's one of my favorite themes. Do you want some broken/half broken glass block? It is typical for old factories in Russia, somewhere near 1930 - 1960. I've made a collection some years ago, but managed to use a few of them. Though, it's photos, not properly tiled textures.

  3. #28
    Member
    Registered: Aug 2006
    Location: France (Saint-Gobain)
    Quote Originally Posted by Zontik View Post
    Of course, it's your object now.
    BTW, I love the first screen most of all, it's one of my favorite themes. Do you want some broken/half broken glass block? It is typical for old factories in Russia, somewhere near 1930 - 1960. I've made a collection some years ago, but managed to use a few of them. Though, it's photos, not properly tiled textures.
    Alright, ill upload it to Thief object Repository, il ask Rsoul to create there a category with your name since it hasn't been created yet , i don't know why it hasn't been done yet, after all you are the author of a huge collection of well crafted objects. Good thing Andrew (Clearing) has your objects hosted in his site.

    If you have Broken glass windows then please by all means send them to me, the Russian factories you meant are those who got affected by the second world war?
    You know Porto has many abandoned factories, this one im building is inspired by two real abandoned factories, one iin the city i used to live (Senhora da Hora) which you know well and another from Santo tirso :





    It's very likely that we came across some old factories when you were in Porto and in Matosinhos, both cities have plenty of abandoned factories. Places that now are desired by the photographers to do different kind of photographs,

    I take the liberty to do a lot of changes i the factory im building, so players have more rooms to explore.

    Cg Textures has been a great source so far for my current campaign, and im surprised, how i find many textures there from photos taken in Porto ...I miss my home-city even if i enjoy living in France. But i used to live in a big city now im living practically in the middle of a giant forest . The place where i live is more inspiring to build medieval missions. The feelings i had in Porto i can't have them here in Saint-Gobain, so i expect that many players won't understand the atmospheres im creating, which is natural. When i came to this place in this region of France all felt all unreal, the village im living has the streets very clean, the houses are built in a very simple and correct way that it feels unreal... very few people come out in the streets. i think my lack of connection here is the fact that ive never built any storie of my life here...but im staring to get attached to this place somehow, or maybe its the spring starting to move with my feelings

    The school i created is also based in real typical old elementary Portuguese schools :

    Last edited by Cardia; 6th Apr 2017 at 18:27.

  4. #29
    Member
    Registered: Jan 2001
    Location: Formby, NW England
    Plenty of broken window texture here:
    http://www.textures.com/browse/broken-windows/33638

    And the previous category has very dark ones that you could paste into another image:
    http://www.textures.com/browse/broken-glass/73922

    Dirt decals:
    http://www.textures.com/category/decals/52338
    These can be put onto objects, but object lighting can look odd, so they may work better when combined with terrain textures.
    Last edited by R Soul; 6th Apr 2017 at 18:55.

  5. #30
    Member
    Registered: Aug 2006
    Location: France (Saint-Gobain)
    Quote Originally Posted by R Soul View Post
    Plenty of broken window texture here:
    http://www.textures.com/browse/broken-windows/33638

    And the previous category has very dark ones that you could paste into another image:
    http://www.textures.com/browse/broken-glass/73922
    Yes Robin, thanks, that's the source where i got the broken windows and where i edited them in Photoshop.

    could you make a category for Zontik in the site thief object Repository? so i can host there the lamp he created and other objects from his authority ?

  6. #31
    Member
    Registered: May 2006
    Location: Russia
    Russian factories you meant are those who got affected by the second world war?
    Unfortunately we don't need war to abandon our factories.
    Here are some photos of blocked glass windows. They were made in old textile factory some years ago in town where I live. Now most of the windows are replaced with new ones (plastic!!!), but the building is not factory anymore - it is warehouse.
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B_X...ew?usp=sharing
    I miss my home-city
    I understand you well. I spend two days only in this city, almost five years ago, but I still miss it. What to say about you.

  7. #32
    Member
    Registered: Jan 2001
    Location: Formby, NW England
    Quote Originally Posted by Cardia View Post
    could you make a category for Zontik in the site thief object Repository? so i can host there the lamp he created and other objects from his authority ?
    Category added.

    On that subject, when you select the screenshot after uploading it, please set the Attachment Display Settings, on the right of the screen:
    http://spirited-tech.com/thief/wp-co.../04/linkto.jpg
    This allows people to see the image at its full size.

  8. #33
    Member
    Registered: Aug 2006
    Location: France (Saint-Gobain)
    Quote Originally Posted by R Soul View Post
    Category added.

    On that subject, when you select the screenshot after uploading it, please set the Attachment Display Settings, on the right of the screen:
    http://spirited-tech.com/thief/wp-co.../04/linkto.jpg
    This allows people to see the image at its full size.
    Thank you Robin i will upload Zontik new lamp, i tried to set the screenshots to be viewed in higher Zoom, but i still don't understand how to do it.

    Yuri thank you for the block glass textures, those will come in handy

  9. #34
    Member
    Registered: Jan 2001
    Location: Formby, NW England
    Quote Originally Posted by Cardia View Post
    i tried to set the screenshots to be viewed in higher Zoom, but i still don't understand how to do it.
    Are you using the steps outlined on the upload instructions page?

    It's occurred to me that on some resolutions, especially widescreen, you'll have to scroll down to see the attachment options:

  10. #35
    Member
    Registered: Aug 2006
    Location: France (Saint-Gobain)
    Ahhh ok got it Robin, many thanks, from now on all pictures can be viewed in wider resolution

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •