TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 67891011

Thread: Guide to Custom Resources for DromEd

Quote Originally Posted by Brethren View Post
    I was able to reach Jason via email and offered to host everything on Southquarter, just waiting to hear back.
    Did he respond ? I'm in dire need of the objects he hosted on his site

Desperately dodgy geezer
    If you know what you need, I may have it and can email it to you. I have at least half of his custom objects.

Quote Originally Posted by Yandros View Post
    If you know what you need, I may have it and can email it to you. I have at least half of his custom objects.
    In true I don't really know exactly what I want; I'm looking for the most original-looking objects and if I'm not mistaken Nielsen74 have many of them

Please post what you have to the Thief Object Repository. We are trying to make that the repository for all Thief objects, meeting the needs which used to be met by now vanished resource pages such as the Low Poly Guild.

Well, the old Low Poly Guild is still accessible at Thiefmissions, it just hasn't been updated in a long, long time.

@ Squadarofl: You can find many of Nielson74's objects at The Thieves' Warehouse which Yandros is currently hosting.

Which reminds me I need to submit some I've made along the way.

There is also http://thief.washboardabs.net/news/

Desperately dodgy geezer
    Quote Originally Posted by LarryG View Post
    Please post what you have to the Thief Object Repository. We are trying to make that the repository for all Thief objects, meeting the needs which used to be met by now vanished resource pages such as the Low Poly Guild.
    I will at some point when I have time, but I don't have any of his object images so would have to capture my own for the TOR. I wonder if Brethren has an update on getting all the source files from Otto?

Quote Originally Posted by Tannar View Post
    Well, the old Low Poly Guild is still accessible at Thiefmissions, it just hasn't been updated in a long, long time.

@ Squadarofl: You can find many of Nielson74's objects at The Thieves' Warehouse which Yandros is currently hosting.
    I had totally forgotten I was hosting that!

Quote Originally Posted by LarryG View Post
    Please post what you have to the Thief Object Repository.
    Ooh, I must've missed that one while I was away. I've just registered, and will sort out uploading my gubbins when my account is approved.

I will at some point when I have time, but I don't have any of his object images so would have to capture my own for the TOR. I wonder if Brethren has an update on getting all the source files from Otto?
    I just realized that I have over 40 of his objects. Maybe we should compare notes, Russ, and see if either of us have some the other doesn't.

I have 20 or so of Jason's objects... probably the same as everyone else has but I'll list them:

bartender
    Blackdor
    drunks
    fancyarmiore
    fancychairs
    fancydresser
    fancysofa
    fancytable
    jobottles
    jonewt
    lavatory
    mcyelal2
    mysman
    newwebs
    noblem01
    noblem02
    swgard01
    swgard011
    twisted_torch

I also have a file with the name WR_Export_obj.doc but I forgot what it was used for or even if it is Jason's.

It is his. NewDark can export the terrain as an obj file so we can load it in an object editor. The output is not 'clean' by any stretch of the imagination. See "Exporting Terrain Mesh" in modders_notes.txt

The author suggests it can be used to find terrain problems. I used it once to make some roof objects to fit on irregularly shaped buildings. I made them from scratch (cleanly) but could make sure their vertices were in the right places.

Southquarter.com/fms
    I wonder if Brethren has an update on getting all the source files from Otto?
    Never heard back from him.

Quote Originally Posted by john9818a View Post
    I have 20 or so of Jason's objects...
    Thanks, John. You have a couple there I don't, but I have 43 of his objects. I didn't have time to type them all out, but here's a pic of my files:

You have a few AI skins mixed in there, as well. I have two you don't:

cookie
    deskclerk

As soon I get a bit of free time, I'll upload what I have, probably within the week.

Desperately dodgy geezer
    I have 176 of his packages, which I imagine is the majority. I'll try to upload them at some point but will wait for you to finish what you have first and then I'll begin uploading the rest.

Quote Originally Posted by R Soul View Post
    It is his. NewDark can export the terrain as an obj file so we can load it in an object editor. The output is not 'clean' by any stretch of the imagination. See "Exporting Terrain Mesh" in modders_notes.txt

The author suggests it can be used to find terrain problems. I used it once to make some roof objects to fit on irregularly shaped buildings. I made them from scratch (cleanly) but could make sure their vertices were in the right places.
    Last night I went back to Jason's web site through the wayback machine site and noticed that he had that file available. It unlike the zips is still there. Coincidentally I was looking for information on how to convert the world rep to an object yesterday and forgot that I had downloaded that file months ago.

Desperately dodgy geezer
    I'm not sure exactly where to put this, as I can't find a thread dedicated to abandoned missions, so I'll post it here and if a mod wants to move it elsewhere, that's fine.

When I redesigned wearytaffer.com recently, I was too lazy to try and fix the abandoned mission archive (partly because it was broken PHP and I'm not good at that language) so I just took down the page. However, the existing archives are all still there, and Dev_Anj asked me for a list of them tonight, so since I compiled a list of URLs for him, I figured I might as well post them here for everyone. I'll try to get this list of links up on my webpage soon as well, although the PHP form for uploading new missions won't be fixed.

EDIT:
    I removed the list here as I added it to my website, here: http://www.wearytaffer.com/?abd
    You can also get to it from anywhere by clicking Abandoned FM Archive on the top nav bar.
    Last edited by Yandros; 18th Nov 2015 at 23:36. Reason: Updated website

Thanks for posting those!

Nicked Dablin didn't include credits for the custom textures/objects in his/her mission. Any idea who they could be?

Desperately dodgy geezer
    I know some of them --

fam
    - All ending in "x" are from DEDx.
    - All starting with adb are Vigil's.
    - rr_win is mine

obj
    dome2 I believe is Targa's.
    jcg- and jdg- are from CoSaS's furniture pack.

Ok, could you send me his custom fences? I think I have some good use for those. Particularly the wooden fences.

As soon as you send those to me, I'll try to put them up on the Thief Object Repository too.

Desperately dodgy geezer
    Dev, thanks for all the Otto packages you've been uploading. I just packaged up and uploaded a small pack of useful reskinnable objects:

http://spirited-tech.com/thief/2015/...ts-by-yandros/

Here's the readme for more info:

This pack contains some objects for the Dark Engine which use replaceable textures, allowing for many different uses. Just extract into your working Thief or Thief 2 install folder and create a suitable object in game, and then change the Shape > Model name to one of the models below. Then set the textures via the Shape > TxtRepl r0, r1, or r2 properties, which require the full relative path, e.g. "obj/txt16/frame1".

res_cube:
    A reskinnable cube with replace0, replace1 and replace2 on opposite faces, and the single most useful object I've ever made despite its simplicity. It can be resized however you need and also flattened and used as a decal on a wall or floor. Since with terrain (fam) textures you're limited to powers of 2 for the dimensions, this allows you to map a single texture onto any size face you want. Just a few examples include flattening completely and using on a wall as a sign, poster, writing or graffiti, or on the floor as a bloodstain, scratches by a secret door, or layer of dirt or grime; flattening mostly and applying a rug texture to the top and a solid colour to the sides and using as an odd-sized rug; texturing however you wish to use as any rectangular solid object, such as a cabinet, wall, box, etc. I also make heavy use of the res_cube as window objects which use textures with partial transparency.

I generally create an instance of Decorative for most non-physics uses, and for cases where a physics model is needed (rug, window, cabinet) I either add the physics properties manually to the DEcorative, or I instantiate a suitable object which already has physics properties. Remember for physics objects you need to set the Physics > Model > Dimensions appropriately, and also add the appropriate Material metaproperty.

res_scroll:
    A version of the EP scroll object with both top and bottom textures made replaceable. Included are scroll1.png and scroll2.gif as sample textures, but you can customize particularly the top texture to make the object look like a map, blueprint, secret formula, newspaper or whatever suits your needs.

res_poster:
    A simple flat object with a single replaceable texture, this differs slightly from a flattened res_cube in that the texture is mirrored when viewed from the back side. This allows it to be used, for example, as a window with lettering on it which should be reversed when viewed from the other side. It can also be used in many of the ways described above under res_cube for flat decals, without requiring flattening.

res_pnth and res_pntv:
    Horizontal and vertical painting objects with replaceable canvas and frame. Use TxtRepl r0 for the canvas, and TxtRepl r1 for the frame. Six frame textures are included in obj/txt16, but feel free to make your own.

Textures provided (in obj/txt16)
    blank: A blank texture (a single pixel set to palette index 0) which can be used to make a face of the res_cube fully transparent, e.g. the untextured sides of a window.
    frame1-frame6: Sample frame textures for the paintings.
    scroll1, scroll2: Sample top (with writing) and bottom (blank) textures for the scroll. You could use scroll2 on both sides for a blank parchment.

Desperately dodgy geezer
    Just a few posts up, I removed that massive list of URLs to the abandoned missions on my website, because tonight I published an actual page which lists them, here:
    http://www.wearytaffer.com/?abd

It's also access by clicking Abandoned FM Archive on the top nav bar from anywhere.

Zappen this obj have "graphic issue" on the edges of the bench. Something can be done about this ?

Lemog's textures on NV's post no longer works. Is there a new link or is the page gone?

Dóttirin klęšist oft móšur möttli

Thanks Unna. I've suggested the way back machine so many times but I didn't think of it today.

Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 67891011