TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 90 of 102 FirstFirst ... 4045505560657075808586878889909192939495100 ... LastLast
Results 2,226 to 2,250 of 2540

Thread: TFix: unofficial patch for Thief1/Gold

Found this floating texture above the archer lookout walkway in the yard southwest of Ramirez' mansion.

Zombified
    it's not a floating texture, it's just the wall from outside, but yeah, not the best bit of brushwork there. will fix somehow.

Hmm...that is strange. When I moved 10 feet or so to either side, the texture disappeared. That's why I thought it was floating.

Quote Originally Posted by voodoo47 View Post
    I was thinking of expanding the interactive candle functionality a bit, play with AIs noticing and relighting torches and stuff like that. also one very particular easter egg-esque (mini)mod, but not saying anything more about that, as I'd very much like to see how long will people take to actually notice.
    You really are going to make the burrick's little toe bend in a 45 angle instead of 40? Or invert all the doors that open towards you so that they open away from you?

A bit trivial but is there anything that can be done about the ending of Mage Towers? The mission completes in the middle of a Garrett line. Although I suspect the line itself was only meant to have been spoken if you walked to the exit point before completing all objectives.

Zombified
    will check.

Any news on the 1.24b update voodoo47? I'd just like to have the relit version before starting Thieves Guild. Am using the one you sent me of Assassins, and it looks great.

Zombified
    tomorrow, hopefully.

Cool

Zombified
    it's up, hopefully all affected levels are now relit. also fixed a few other reported issues (not the "floaty" texture though, I'll need to reconstruct the place).

Just out of curiosity, did you fix this in the mages mission?

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0Byh...ew?usp=sharing

Speaking of Mage Towers.
    In the Tower of Fire, the uppermost area (the one with the talisman) seems to share a roombrush with the lower area where a few mages patrol. Seeing as the player has to jump on metal platofrms over lava there, it is very easy to alert one of the mages below, and it is impossible to see where they are. I wonder if this is something worth fixing. Yes, one can use a moss arrow, but it shouldn't be a crutch gadget in that area in my opinion.

Zombified
    I'll have a look at both. also I really need to set up that gdoc bugtracker sheet.

voodoo47, you can setup any free bug tracking system, like OTRS 5, Redmine, Mantis or etc..

Zombified
    would have to learn how, and I'm a bit low on free time. all I need is to have everything at one place, and a google doc sheet should suffice for that - it's been working decently for SS2.

I haven't checked it yet, but did you guys ever fix the apebeasts getting stuck in the barrels on the first floor of the mansion in Escape? Whenever I arrived from the basement, there was always one or two of them in there.
    Klatremus' Supreme Thief Site - Walkthroughs, Loot Lists & Ghost Reports
    Let's Supreme Ghost Thief - YouTube Channel with Thief Let's Plays

They were still getting stuck there when I was playing three months or so ago. Quite useful actually, as they are easy pickings when that happens

Zombified
    don't remember it being reported so probably no, but the fix should be fairly easy - I'll just allow them to pass through them (not perfect, but always better than getting stuck). try adding this to your gamesys.dml:
    Code:
    ObjProp -137 "PhysAIColl"
    {
    	"" false
    }

You might remember me on the Steam forums with the issue of not getting the Steam overlay working. I updated to TFix 1.24 now and it still doesn't, no matter what I do. Would you like to have a look into my games folders? Might not be worth the time if I'm the only one with the issue though.

Also, is tehre any possible way of tying the games physics to whatever framerate you run the game or however it works? I feel like it would be a worthy endeavour if plausible as there are too many games that make monitor hz above 60 a needless spend. Plus, having mouse input without VSync would be a godsend, but it doesn't feel too bad in this type of game. Probably the only first-person game where I could stand anything less than good mouse input.

Zombified
    not quite sure what you want to do, but check new_config_vars.txt in the doc folder;
    Code:
    phys_freq <30 - 120>
        set physics updates to a fixed frequency, this avoids variable movement speeds when playing without
        V-sync or can be used to lock physics at a lower frequency to play as the game originally was likely
        intended (60Hz). The default value is 0 which disables fixed frequency updates. It's always preferable
        to run with V-sync for the best experience.
        To get any useful effect of this at higher framerates the var "min_frame_time" should be set to
        something low like 1.
    also, post your thief.log and we'll see.

Quote Originally Posted by IAmTheWalrus View Post
    issue of not getting the Steam overlay working
    Try to run Steam as administrator

Thanks, that worked perfectly. Also, I just noticed on a quick playthrough of Cragscleft that Garrett isn't talking at all for whatever reason. What is wrong with my Thief. I'll upload my .log in a sec.
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/3qcsb66t6y...thief.log?dl=0

There ya go. Also Steam is already run as Admin and I tried without as well but it didn't change anything :/ Thanks anyway though.
    Last edited by IAmTheWalrus; 19th May 2017 at 09:51.

Zombified
    nothing wrong with the log. judging from the need to run steam as admin, I'd say maybe your account has some sort of permission limitations? never had to run steam itself as admin for something to work.

check your audio options and try to change things around (hw acceleration and eax, mostly), see whether that makes things better or worse.

Anyone know how to disable the UI?

Whether its something that can be done in a config file, or if its a feature of TFIX, does anyone know how to disable the UI for Thief Gold? I want to snap some screens without the UI there.

Page 90 of 102 FirstFirst ... 4045505560657075808586878889909192939495100 ... LastLast