TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile

Thread: What are you working on RIGHT NOW - T1/2 Dromed Edition

Quote Originally Posted by gamophyte View Post
    This is the assumption, so it goes to my first comment, and, I wonder why we see it pop into view. I wonder if the method was a smaller versions for the LOD objects. I'm not sure how you save polys on 2d plans.
    It's an animated grass texture in combination with Dale's grass object DL_kaka (LOD 1) what turns into the DL_kaka2 (LOD 0) object if you came closer. To get this overgrown effect you have to use this object 4 times at one point. But every object is rotated in a different direction.

Quote Originally Posted by Dale_ View Post
    That DL_kaka2 grass object is actually from me. To improve performance further though you could use DL_kaka (it's included in the zip on the repository) for LOD for the objects that are further away, this one only has about one third of the polys than the other one and from Garrett's point of view the difference is not visible and should reduce a lot of polys & overdraw.
    I don't know if it's possible to create the DL_kaka (low polys) object in the same size as the DL_kaka 2 (more polys) object. The pop up effect would not be so hard if it has the same size.

This is a question for Dale. Is that possible?
    Last edited by Gecko; 14th Apr 2017 at 04:11.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkMax View Post
    More of my humble attempt of a forest.
    No modesty needed, that's good stuff DarkMax! I like the HUD too!

Getting There.

A screenshot outside the pub.

Looks nice. I didn't even know you were making a mission.

I've been working on a mission for the last couple of years, I got through an awful lot and realised that I was working on part 2 so I put all that work on a disk and restarted on part 1 and then I managed to sod up my gamesys and had to start all over again...this is the new version and I am very pleased with what is growing out of the ashes.

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenhook View Post
    A screenshot outside the pub.
    Alright! Good to see some shots! Lookin' good.

How about some throwback Thursday? Here's Prophet's initial air brushes, circa, a very long time ago.

Here is the same location as it is today:

Sometimes it helps me to go back and look, just to see the progress I've made. And for a little bonus, here's a shot of a side project I would work on years ago when I would hit creative roadblocks with Prophet, which was until now, a total secret. I want to finish this one too.

Desperately dodgy geezer
    Wow! Nice screenshots!

Quote Originally Posted by Yandros View Post
    Wow! Nice screenshots!

Thanks Russ, it's great appreciated.

Awesome! I love seeing the progress like that. Sometimes I'll load up a backup from a year ago of a mission I'm working on, and just run around for a bit, to remind myself how much I've done. It can be really motivating.

Nice work Phantom, i love the last screenshot, it shows an impressive work!

Phantom, interesting projects!

Great scott Phantom. I'm a fan of the original, cool to have seen it at higher rez. Also that side project is crazy. I can see that ladder to the roof over that window btw

Quote Originally Posted by nicked View Post
    Awesome! I love seeing the progress like that. Sometimes I'll load up a backup from a year ago of a mission I'm working on, and just run around for a bit, to remind myself how much I've done. It can be really motivating.
    Thank you! And I agree, sometimes I look at the same area so often I don't know what to do next, but going backwards helps get some perspective.

Quote Originally Posted by Cardia View Post
    Nice work Phantom, i love the last screenshot, it shows an impressive work!
    Thanks very much! I've always liked the idea of Thief in 1920s style, although I still prefer the medieval era.

Quote Originally Posted by Soul Tear View Post
    Phantom, interesting projects!
    Thanks Soul Tear!

Quote Originally Posted by gamophyte View Post
    Great scott Phantom. I'm a fan of the original, cool to have seen it at higher rez. Also that side project is crazy. I can see that ladder to the roof over that window btw
    I'm glad you like it! And that is just your run of the mill fire escape. I'm sure none of those windows are open, don't even bother climbing up there.

Well i am currently working on nothing really, i have cancel the New Version for Heart of Gems, the work is too much to get working on lower PCs, sorry at this point but i cant watch all players here. I hope someday there will be a "Lets Play" about my FM.
    "The Soul of the Gems" and "Five Nights at Dayport" are on Hold, there is a little Bug with the Cam Setup. There are also another FM in progress, but no info today. Maybe i can release this Year 2 FMs, Soul of Gems will be ready in 2018/2019 this is a large thing.

Here is a sneak preview of my next fm I've been working on for the past few weeks.

Woah, nice ship there!

Thanks DarkMax! I wish I could make it move, but unfortunately the ship will be docked in my FM.

Nice look to that street, Ravenhook!

Looking great, Phantom! Glad to see Prophet is still in the works.

Yes, a very nice ship, John! The image is a little too dark to make out much more, though.

Thanks Mike! Yeah there's not much too see yet beyond the ship. I have the basic shapes of buildings with stock textures, but there is still much work to be done. The textures will be replaced with high res.

Memorial

Have been working on this little area for my mission...

...it isn't quite finished yet and will include an objective. I hope that is a fitting tribute to somebody who was much loved and deeply missed.

Rest in peace.

Ravenhook, this tile is too high above the ground. And in any case, it looks bad. This is an in-door stuff.

RIP Adriana.

The picture looks indoors to me.

I honestly didn't even notice the tile at first, but based on the surroundings it could be part of a ruin. Maybe some of the tiles have been destroyed over time, exposing the ground underneath? Maybe you could add a few extra broken tiles here and there Ravenhook, maybe under the statues too?

Page 294 of 302 FirstFirst ... 44194244249254259264269274279284289290291292293294295296297298299 ... LastLast