TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile

Thread: Part of object invisible in dromed [Solved]

Part of object invisible in dromed [Solved]

I made a simple object with three parts and two joints. I'm not home to post snapshots but I'll describe it... The top part is rectangular, the middle is a cylinder and the bottom is a tall rectangular piece. All facings have the same texture. When I place my object in dromed the two bottom pieces are invisible.

The only thing I can think is that bsp skewed the data so that maybe the bottom two pieces are in solid space somewhere. This really has me baffled.
    Last edited by john9818a; 6th Jun 2017 at 20:45.

At least for me when talking about jointed models I assume they have movable parts. Is this correct for your device here as well?

Because from my experience it can happen that for incorrect joint parameters sometimes instead of not exporting at all the joints are not exported/present. Like a cabinet with suddenly no doors.

I would assume that this is a similar situation and you have to play with your joint parameters/naming some more.

Thanks for the tips. I think I might have named some of the subs incorrectly. I can remember how to make jointed objects but after about a week or so I forget again and I have to refer to Larry's tutorial.

Is it possible for you to mess with faces? Back faces are invisible in DromEd, but can be visible in 3D editor.

john9818a
    Upload the .bin please.

An easy way to check your models is the view.exe depending how you installed Thief/DromEd you find it here: Tools\3ds to bin\3ds\Workshop.

If you don't have that folder you will find clues somewhere else

Daraan that was it. I reviewed the names I gave to each sub-object and corrected them. Thank you for helping me figure this out.

Nemyax I solved it already but thanks.

Zontik yes I've seen that before in Anim8or too but the names of the sub objects were the problems.