TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 299 of 299 FirstFirst ... 49199249254259264269274279284289294295296297298299
Results 7,451 to 7,469 of 7469

Thread: What are you working on RIGHT NOW - T1/2 Dromed Edition

Quote Originally Posted by Cardia View Post

These bulbs are too big or the chandelier is too small

Quote Originally Posted by Cardia View Post
    Gecko, here's a Garden on my current project that would be well filled with your new vegetation pack:

Beautiful view

Fluttering flags:

I've long wanted to see fluttering flags in Thief, and finally I created them. However, I can not use them in my main missions, there or night, or rain. So I had to start a new project.
    I'm ready to share if someone is interested.

Definitely interested. Is it possible to increase the framerate?

Well spotted Soul Tear, i will resize those bulbs/lamps

Thank you, here's how far Newdark allows me build and view much in large open areas, however im facing now some problems with objects not rendering when viewed in large groups at the same time, the factory windows appear black because they are objects that cant render from certain views, so i will replace them for terrain window textures:

Excellent flags motion, it can get along well with the moving grass that Gecko is updating.

Quote Originally Posted by neux View Post
    I've only used tweq models once, but if I recall you can only get 6 different models, that swap out with each other... So to make the wind speed work, ie not moving too fast/much you have to have this choppy 6 frames. I would say though, if the player can't walk up close to them, maybe you could do a 2d projection of a flapping flag and make it a _99 frame animated texture. Or perhaps, someone knows if you can keep swapping objects to add to the limited 6 models in tweq?

Awesome stuff nonetheless.

I wonder if you could give the flag more frames by dividing them among several different models and have the flag corpse into the next in a loop.

That has been known to be done successfully.

Quote Originally Posted by neux View Post
    Yes, but it looks bad. I think that for this old engine, this is pretty good option. Although I will continue to experiment.
    To increase the framerate, need to achieve good looping frames. At the moment they do not match. But I was prompted by what tool in Blender to use to achieve the best result.

Quote Originally Posted by john9818a View Post
    I wonder if you could give the flag more frames by dividing them among several different models and have the flag corpse into the next in a loop.
    Yes, you're right, it will work. But I think it's easier to try to correctly combine these 6 frames. Then the animation will be smooth enough.

Unfortunately shadows for creatures is a buggy thing, it has weird colors due to light color or sunlight.
    Therefore I decide to try Mesh Attach. It's not perfect, but at least you can adjust the transparency and shape. When KO - it deleted.

Very interesting. I'm a bit urked it wobbles about though. I wonder if you can put a more stable vhot into the model, but I have no idea still about AI object/meshes yet.

Desperately dodgy geezer
    Try using a DetailAttachment link instead, use a Joint like the abdomen, and on the link data set the Z Offset but also check the No Joint Rot flag. That may help the wobble.

Making fancy hud elements, next a light gem that feels 3d in the way that it fills with light.
    Edit: Now that I see it, I am going to do red white checker with black keyhole, better fits the story.
    Last edited by gamophyte; 16th Jun 2017 at 10:42.

Well, there are 2 FMs are coming in Year 2017 (Five Nights at Dayport and a Untitled FM (Title later). I also have started on a Re-Work on Heart of the Gems, i am splitting the areas in little pieces i think this is the best way to make it playable for old PCs. I give my Best in this point. Next Year there will be a back side story FM for the Acideus Campaign.

Quote Originally Posted by LarryG View Post
    I haven't shown anything for a while, so . . . a signal lamp

Attachment 1140

and a headlamp for the locomotive

Attachment 1141
    Hey LarryG, any chance you would share?

Quote Originally Posted by Yandros View Post
    Try using a DetailAttachment link instead, use a Joint like the abdomen, and on the link data set the Z Offset but also check the No Joint Rot flag. That may help the wobble.
    Thank you, it's much better

It is awesome work. I almost didn't say anything because of that. But I thought a little constructive critique could help it become better.
    Let me explain you something. It is possible to make a slower grass animation. But don't forget -> you can't use more than 99 different frames! So the variety of the grass animation is better if it isn't moving too slow. The grass animation from the last demo video takes 191 MB memory in your thief.exe (texture resolution is 4096 x 512) and 170 MB on your hard disk (DDS format)! And now the question if it's profitable to use a extreme slow grass animation -> at this memory load...

I'm thinking about to buy a plugin for 3DS max what is really powerful to make wind animated vegetation. But it's really costly! Normal price is 325 $ = 346,34 €. At the end of the year there is a black friday offer with 50 %. Maybe i will buy it there!
    Last edited by Gecko; 20th Jun 2017 at 05:47.

I guess that my issues with the moving grass is that it moves too much. Unless the day is particularly breezy, I don't think it should deflect so far. My experience is that tree branches will move more in a light wind than grasses. And they are barely moving. Just my opinion.
    I didn't say slower. I said they shouldn't deflect so far. Less distance. Less distance + about the same speed = fewer frames. Just my opinion.

Page 299 of 299 FirstFirst ... 49199249254259264269274279284289294295296297298299