TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 28 of 31 FirstFirst ... 381318232425262728293031 LastLast

Thread: Anyone Want An Object?

I like it.
    Nice torture chamber, Soul Tear but the one on the right as you enter the room cast shadows if you stand before it and then you turn to the right or left.
    Well, this is somewhat similar to many original objects in Thief1 or 2 like beds.
    P,D.:
    The mission was started from scratch
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/0Byh...ew?usp=sharing

Engine's bug. As a rule, it is visible on large objects.
    This version is slightly better: http://spirited-tech.com/thief/wp-co...05/Torture.zip
    Also try changing the location (and brightness) of the lights and the object, this helps.

Many thanks, Soul Tear.
    By the way, are you working on the Iron Maiden object and/or the other ones?

Later I'll try to make a maiden.
    As for the herbs, I suggest you use a scaled OM bush with any suitable texture or the object from CoSaS 3 http://spirited-tech.com/thief/2016/...erbs-by-cosas/

There's no readme's for your objects ST, how many polys is the rack with rope? Also I haven't been able to find riveted metal or a rope that good, are the textures open for use?
    - The Gamophyte
    "They settled into the depths of Cesseld, only the symbols remind us they still exist"

gamophyte, 1010 polys. Yes, you can use these textures.

Quote Originally Posted by Soul Tear View Post
    gamophyte, 1010 polys. Yes, you can use these textures.
    Thanks tavarish, I will credit you.

Where can I get an abacus? Preferably, a low-poly one as my mission uses mostly stock textures I checked the Object Repository, but no dice.

Quote Originally Posted by marbleman View Post
    Where can I get an abacus? Preferably, a low-poly one as my mission uses mostly stock textures I checked the Object Repository, but no dice.
    If no one bites I can knock one out sat or sun. Any important notes on it? Color theme?

Thank you! No, nothing special, just the most regular and simple abacus possible.

No need to make the metal bars curved or to make this many of them. Ideally, it has to be a simple object, as if it was stock one.
    Last edited by marbleman; 9th Jun 2017 at 06:26.

Ideally, it has to be a simple object, as if it was stock one.
    To a point yes, the round parts will be polygon orbs, and the texture won't be super fine, prob just use stock textures already in the txt16 folder. But just having this many pieces will make it more complex than anything stock.

Now I saw the asian version and it looked cooler but yeah, I can do the white and black version you have there.

I like my version more than Asian one, yes.

Desperately dodgy geezer
    Anyone interested in making a higher res replacement for the Antenna (model: anteni21.bin)? I would prefer it be the same dimensions and also include the spikey thing on the side in the same location, as I have things carefully aligned already, but it's OK if it's not exact. Mostly I would like to see modeled steel leg structure (currently it looks like a flat texture with transparency), and the golden claw thing on the top.

I like my version more than Asian one, yes.
    http://spirited-tech.com/thief/2017/...-by-gamophyte/ there ya go!

Quote Originally Posted by gamophyte View Post
    Thanks! Works great

Quote Originally Posted by Yandros View Post
    ...and the golden claw thing on the top.
    The claw is not 2d, so not sure what you mean. I exported it out using DEOCI v1.4.1 and the textures are scrambled. As I start straightening them out I realized if I go forward with it, I should ask is it supposed to only us OM textures? Is it pretty much the same tower but better supports?

Desperately dodgy geezer
    The same tower but better, yes exactly. New textures are fine, and I didn't mean to imply the gold claw is 2d, it's just very low res. Thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by Yandros View Post
    The same tower but better, yes exactly. New textures are fine, and I didn't mean to imply the gold claw is 2d, it's just very low res. Thank you!
    I'll go hi quality textures for my own fun
    But do you like the claw to be that sharp ala hl2 combine? Might add more wires...
    Last edited by gamophyte; 15th Jun 2017 at 14:32.

Soul Tear, is the maiden still in your to-do list?

bassoferrol, I could not find a suitable texture or photo with a front view.

Yandros, I'm starting to texture but it's if it was in my mission, a bit weathered from being outside ect. Is this overkill? Should I try and make it more new looking? Or use only OM textures?

Desperately dodgy geezer
    That looks awesome! New textures are fine, and in my case it should be very weathered, although if you don't want it that way I'll be glad to weather the textures you provide more if I need to. In DCE they will have been standing outside untouched for over 30 years.

ah okay cool. I may end up going with another riveted metal I just like the one I use because the rivets are random. This is around 1600 polys. It was 2400 but I had to flatten back out some of the legs in back and just let the level in front indicate the bracket. Will pass files over either tonight or tomorrow. Let me know if I can change anything.

I want a more rounded roulette with better texture if possible (ROULETT2.BIN, you konw, the one that opens the secret door in Thieves Guild)
    Would not be bad to also have a better opera light (OPLIGHT.BIN) and even a more rounded and better-looking lamp (CHANDEE.BIN)

I made one a while ago. The screenshot link has broken but the file can still be downloaded:
    http://catmanofiowa.com/RSoul/routable.html

This is also in the Enhancement Pack.

Page 28 of 31 FirstFirst ... 381318232425262728293031 LastLast