TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile

Thread: Adding new objects?

Adding new objects?

Hi. So its been many years when I last time use DromEd and I have an question about adding new objects. I know how to add new objects one at the time but there must be better way. How can I add many objects in a same time? Example some object packages? Thank you.

I don't think you can edit the game system other than painfully, one thing at a time. But sit tight, others with more knowledge will be along any time now.

Desperately Dodgy Moderator
    You need to be more clear about what you mean. Do you mean adding lots of objects to your mission all at once, in a group? That can be done with multibrushes, but you have to create them first (or download multibrushes made by other people, and I don't know of any libraries of them out there). If you mean adding to the object hierarchy, SlyFoxx is right.

Hi. So I mean download from website objects other people have made and add to object hiearchy.

Yeah, for that you need to painstakingly put all the right files in /obj and /obj/txt16 folders, and then manually add/edit the objects in Dromed. There's no shortcut to that I'm afraid - would be lovely to be able to drag and drop a zip file and have it do everything for you. Might be possible I suppose, if external software could modify a Gamesys, but no such tool currently exists.

Quote Originally Posted by nicked View Post
    Yeah, for that you need to painstakingly put all the right files in /obj and /obj/txt16 folders, and then manually add/edit the objects in Dromed. There's no shortcut to that I'm afraid
    "painstakingly" what? XD

Well, if you've downloaded a pack of 100 beds, and you want exactly 17 of them, and they all use about 5 textures each... yeah.

If you're goal is to use a lot of resources from a current mission it would make sense to start with that gamesys and resource folders. Best to ask permission though and give due credit.