TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: New Dark bug reports

@ bassoferrol

If I remember correctly, the porticullis that you're talking about uses RGB coloring for the bars (not texturing). You may have to convert it to a 3ds file to edit the bars.
    Last edited by GORT; 15th Mar 2018 at 22:39. Reason: Bad grammar :-P

Quote Originally Posted by voodoo47 View Post
    I'm not quite sure what are you trying to say, try to rephrase - the model looks fine as far as I can tell.
    GORT gave me the answer.
    Nothing wrong with that model. I was just curious about the texturing in that object.

Also, there are two textures used by intclois, not one: portdet and porticul.

Quote Originally Posted by LarryG View Post
    Also, there are two textures used by intclois, not one: portdet and porticul.
    Unlike portdet the porticul texture (obj - txt) seems not to be used in that object ´cause
    if you take another texture, then rename it to porticul you won´t see any change in that object in terms of textures.
    So, I´m more for what GORT said. It´s not an "ordinary texture".

An object can have a reference to a texture and still not use it. It wouldn't take too long to uv map a new texture to a portcullis.

I'm having a problem that cannot be considered a bug, but maybe with some NewDark configuration of texture filtering. I'm doing a Skybox with an object (just like in the Cosasx mission). However, although the textures are perfectly aligned, the edges are changing color. I have tried to realign the textures, but no matter, there are always color deviations in the corners. Is it something with texture filtering?

Zombified
    Quote Originally Posted by leconbras View Post
    doing a Skybox with an object
    that sounds like a bad idea™ - Dark is bad with lighting really large objects, afaik.

I just found the problem. I have to disable tex_filter_mode 0. So the blur between the texture edges disappears. I still have not decided if I'm going to use it, it was just an idea of ​​a short scene I had ..

that sounds like a bad idea™ - Dark is bad with lighting really large objects, afaik.
    DistantArt objects don't use lighting (in the same way that genuine DistantArt doesn't).

Why when I add some new object, does it most often comes with order number 1 and 2?

Zombified
    Quote Originally Posted by R Soul View Post
    DistantArt objects don't use lighting (in the same way that genuine DistantArt doesn't).
    my understanding is that he is creating a giant hollow cube with six plates that have the textures mapped. if that's the case, then it definitely sounds like a bad idea.

That's a good point. The MX setup was to have multiple objects, but the only outside area was in one corner of the mission, so the origins of the objects were always nice and close to the camera. An object covering the whole mission may stop rendering from some views if its origin is in an un-rendered area.

leconbras,
    Your most recent question does not make sense. Please rephrase it or use a screenshot.

When I add an object, instead of its numbering following the chronological order of creation, it "inserts" as if it had been the first object to be created. I know that this numbering of objects does not have the same importance of the numbering of the Brushes (time), but as this has been occurring since I tried version 1.2.5 I would like to know if it is normal.

I know that when we delete some objects, the game inserts in the blanks. But what happens is that the 1 and 2 always go blank, and the game insists on filling them. This happens from time to time only.

DromEd always did that. It tends to move them to other IDs once you save and reload.

Thank you. I just realized that recently. Also, I only started to insert the objects recently, so I thought it was something with the update. Good to know it's normal.

Ok I'm not sure if this is a bug or i messed something up. But i turned on dromed today and, boom, mono for ants, check this out
    https://i.imgur.com/5OAOij8.png
    Any way to fix this?

Zombified
    rightclick on "MONO" and go properties. this is a windows setting btw, unrelated to ND.

rightclick on "MONO" and go properties. this is a windows setting btw, unrelated to ND.
    Yeah, no idea how it happened. Kinda embarrassing, thanks

Has anyone noticed strange things happening with the schemas when we use firearrows? In my case, randomly, schemas play when I use firearrows, but they play from places where there is no sound source. For example, I have a piano that has its own schema (a song). It just happened that I killed a guard and the schema of the piano was looping from a corner of the corridor .... Not the first time this happens. Already happened with other schemas.

You may have overrun the sound tags. When you do that weird things happen.

Dóttirin klæðist oft móður möttli
    Nowadays everybody thinks the current issue is a New Dark bug, since nobody has installed old DromEd any more.

Quote Originally Posted by LarryG View Post
    You may have overrun the sound tags. When you do that weird things happen.

I have not yet reached the limit, although it is close, because I use DEDx. But I think it might be something related to the fact that I modified some schemas to override the originals. I'll see if I can fix this to check if the problem continues.

I found what appears to be a bug in dbmod loading. I had the following in my .dml (part of my no spiders patch) that is supposed to destroy all Spider (-2103) entities on mission start. The bug is that the "Flags" value of 2—although parsed okay, as dbmod.log shows—doesn't seem to be applied. I checked this by manually loading the .dml in dromed and checking the hierarchy, where the flags are still unset.

If I manually I set the flags to "Destroy object on completion" through the hierarchy editor, the objects are indeed destroyed on mission start; and by saving this modified gamesys and looking at a diff, I have confirmed that 2 is indeed the correct value of these flags.

All the rest of the StimSource is applied correctly, which is why I figure that this is a bug.

Code:
    +StimSource -2103 "WeaponStim"
    {
        Intensity 100.0
        Propagator "Radius"
        {
            Life
            {
                 // Flags means "destroy object on completion"
                // (sadly, doesn't seem to be applied)
                "Flags" 2
                "Period" 5000
            }
            Shape
            {
                "Radius" 1.0
            }
        }
    }

Dóttirin klæðist oft móður möttli
    This is not related to NewDark, but to dmls.
    There's a dml thread, so I'm posting it there
    www.ttlg.com/forums/showthread.php?t=146518

Zombified
    yep, it's just incorrect formatting, follow Unna's link.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234