TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 49 of 50 FirstFirst ... 4914192429343944454647484950 LastLast
Results 1,201 to 1,225 of 1244

Thread: Tafferpatcher: unofficial complete patch for Thief 2

DJ Riff is still active at darkfate apparently. According to DCE release news, he betatested the Russain version.

Zombified
    I don't have an account there - suppose I could make one, assuming there aren't any captchas that are unsolvable unless you understand russian, but someone who already has an account there asking would be preferable.

Southquarter.com/fms
    Hate to state the obvious, but he does have an email address listed in his profile too.

Zombified
    guess I could try that, but he didn't respond to my pms, and the notifications are linked to the very same mail, I believe.

I was installing T2 on my laptop today using Tafferpatcher and when I load the game all I get is a black screen but I can hear the load screen and I can use the mouse to load the game but since everything is black I can't really play.
    System Spec:

I was thinking about... could it be possible to get a minimal version of this patcher, which only includes the NewDark patch and FMs scripts? It could be a good alternative to the 209MB that we have to download each time. In my case, I never use the enhancers included in this patcher. Just the minimal installation.
    Enhanced Thief Fan Missions Archive (ETFMA): [TTLG thread]
    DromEd Level Editor Developer Textures Kit (DLETDK): [TTLG thread]

Zombified
    that exists, meant for GOG, but should work on a (proper) oldDark T2 install as well.

3rdparty scripts still need to be installed manually.
    Last edited by voodoo47; 15th Dec 2017 at 06:11.

Quote Originally Posted by mxleader View Post
    I was installing T2 on my laptop today using Tafferpatcher and when I load the game all I get is a black screen but I can hear the load screen and I can use the mouse to load the game but since everything is black I can't really play.
    System Spec:
    Go to your install location and open cam_ext.cfg with notepad. Find the multisampling section that probably looks like this
    ; multisampling (anti-aliasing) level
    ; IMPORTANT: some integrated graphics HW may not work correctly with multisampling and you will be left with a
    ; black screen, if that happens disable this option again
    multisampletype 8

and put a ; in front of the multisampletype to disable it.
    ;multisampletype 8 (should look like this)
    Windows 10 Pro, i7-4790K, GTX 1070 x2, Maximus Hero Vii, 32gb DDR3 2400.
    https://pcpartpicker.com/b/z7ccCJ

Having recently played a number of TDM missions and certain AAA games, I wonder if it is possible for Tafferpatch to incorporate a back-up quick save. ie have a secondary quicksave slot, meaning if you accidentally quicksave when you meant to quickload instead you will be able to reload from a very much closer location than where you last hard saved (which sometimes can be a very long way back in the mission).

Question also posted in TFix thread.

That's one of the reasons that I, whenever possible, reprogram the quick save to something like CTRL+F11 with the quick load being just F11 by itself.

Dóttirin klęšist oft móšur möttli
    There's a quicksave save slot in addition to an automatic save slot in System Shock 2, which almost the same engine as Thief 1+2. So maybe this is possible.

Quote Originally Posted by Pheonix View Post
    That's one of the reasons that I, whenever possible, reprogram the quick save to something like CTRL+F11 with the quick load being just F11 by itself.
    Done as such already, but in the heat of the moment it's all too easy to hit the wrong button.

Quote Originally Posted by Unna Oertdottir View Post
    There's a quicksave save slot in addition to an automatic save slot in System Shock 2, which almost the same engine as Thief 1+2. So maybe this is possible.
    Interesting, I haven't played SS2 for years but recently re-installed it and was planning to replay it over the hols, I might even install some of the mods/FM's. Any advise as to which ones are worth installing / best to play?
    Last edited by fortuni; 23rd Dec 2017 at 16:43.

For SS2 missions go here
    https://www.systemshock.org/index.php?board=3.0
    Install the mod manager. Christines missions are nice. Don't miss the holiday mission (it's called "Urlaub V2")

New Tafferpatcher should be released? Two things I found. First is that in Life of the Party (without key) in Castle Carlysle Armory is possible to keyhole through doors and grab one fire arrow, second is that in Eavesdropping after conversation is impossible to grab safety deposit box key from catacombs - nothing to change or delete key from dead mechanist or add new key location would be the best?

Hey, so I was thinking... is it possible to add the original credits from the German release to Tafferpatcher? It's silly we just got silent credits instead, so I searched for the file: https://mega.nz/#!wDRVTJpQ!NCWVGTx-O...67HX-Qhl6L-tfk

I posted in the Breathing Corpses topic about how the widescreen movie(s) at the beginning of this FM are elongated with an incorrect aspect ratio because there's something funky going on with my cam_ext.cfg settings. Is there a setting or settings to get proper aspect ratio in widescreen movies displayed on my 1920X1080 monitor with Thief FMs that won't also throw the 4:3 movies (which display normally) out of whack? So much fine work seemed to go into that Breathing Corpses intro with the artwork and the decent VA narration that it seems almost a shame to not watch it as the author intended. Thanks.

One thing you could do: open up cam_ext.cfg, search for "crop_movies", and remove the semicolon in front. Then, look a few lines down for "movie_crop_exclude". There are two, one for Thief and one for System Shock; remove the semicolon from the first one. Next, write a list of the Thief 2 movies to exclude, which would look something like...

movie_crop_exclude credits.avi+success.avi+death.avi+intro.avi

Of course, once you're done with Breathing Corpses, you'll have to replace the semicolon in front of "crop_movies", unless you want to add every other Thief 2 movie to the list.

Quote Originally Posted by Grandmauden View Post

Of course, once you're done with Breathing Corpses, you'll have to replace the semicolon in front of "crop_movies", unless you want to add every other Thief 2 movie to the list.
    Yes, this fix worked. The intro is widescreen but not exactly 16:9 so I still get the letterboxing, but at least it's looking as intended. Thanks.

Please HELP!!

So I installed the latest Tafferpatcher and it works like a charm. However, everytime I reach Angelwatch in "Life of the Party", the NPCs (including the Bots) get stuck forever in the stairway, making it 100% impossible to use this route without being detected.

I tried restarting the mission, I tried reinstalling Tafferpatcher and even reinstalled the game several times with no success.
    I'm almost 99% sure this glitch is caused by the Complete Resource Fix Pack, since when I don't install it, this glitch does not happen at all.

Does anyone here know how to fix this?

Thanks in advance!

Quote Originally Posted by Hitokiri-san View Post
    Does anyone here know how to fix this?
    You can't fix this.
    I compared the pathfinding lines (AI path links) in miss11/resource patch to the original mis11 on the stairs.
    It's looks very different. There are some 'bottlenecks' on the stairs now.

This bug is so annoying. It also sometimes happens in other places and even FMs.

You can only combat it by playing through Angelwatch as quickly as you can so that AIs don't have time to reach staircases. You can also and use vents or the elevator instead.

Also,
    Quote Originally Posted by Xmodule999 View Post
    in Eavesdropping after conversation is impossible to grab safety deposit box key from catacombs - nothing to change or delete key from dead mechanist or add new key location would be the best?
    No, this should not be changed. The catacombs key is unique while every other key has duplicates. It is not meant to be chosen as a safety deposit box key and should be left as is.

You can't fix this.
    I compared the pathfinding lines (AI path links) in miss11/resource patch to the original mis11 on the stairs.
    It's looks very different. There are some 'bottlenecks' on the stairs now.
    But when I use version 1.0e of the mission fix pack available in T2Tool, this glitch does not occur...

What is T2Tool?

What is T2Tool?
    It's another unofficial Thief 2 Patch. It's basically a lighter version of TafferPatcher.

Right, because this bug was not in the vanilla game. It started happening for me after Tafferpatcher 2.012.

Page 49 of 50 FirstFirst ... 4914192429343944454647484950 LastLast