TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile

Thread: Thief Difficulty Mod does not work anymore with HD Texture mod 1.2

Thief Difficulty Mod does not work anymore with HD Texture mod 1.2

Ok the issue also happens with Thief 2 HD texture mod.

Even though in Thief 1 HD TExture mod 1.2, you can select Enhanced AI in New Dark Graphics tool, it does absolutely nothing to the AI

and i have tried every Thief 1 & 2 Difficulty Mod on the internet i can find and the AI does not change!

And yes i am copying and pasting the DARK.GAM file in my Root Thief Directory just like the instructions say. Trust me, it used to work when i would play vanilla Thief 1 & 2,

But ever since this new Tfix/taffer patcher and HD texture mod got installed, those Difficulty Mods dont work anymore and it makes me not want to play! i got used to the more sensitive AI!

Please HELP!

yes i have also tried the Thief 1 HD Difficulty mod as well and it did nothing. what could be the problem??

Don't use the Thief root directory!

The correct HD mod file path is \HDMOD\dark.gam

Only this version here works with the HD mod 1.2: http://www.moddb.com/mods/thief-gold...mod-hd-mod-v12

No other version will work...

Thanks for your response!

Ok I'll try that!! wow the whole time!!! lol

The instructions of the Mod does not indicate that ANYWHERE!!

Thats bullshit. No wonder!

Anyway, thanks let me try and get back to you firend!

Quote Originally Posted by Gecko View Post
    Don't use the Thief root directory!

The correct HD mod file path is \HDMOD\dark.gam

Only this version here works with the HD mod 1.2: http://www.moddb.com/mods/thief-gold...mod-hd-mod-v12

No other version will work...
    oK I TRIED IT AND I did see a noticable difference this time, but its not the way it should be. I have a question though. In the New Dark Graphics Engine Tool you can select an option called "Enhanced AI Detection" i have it on. Is this supposed to turn on the difficulty mod?? before copying the Dark.GAM file in the HDMOD folder i did not notice this feature doing anything. Anyway was just wondering if i have it turned on, will it conflict with the Ultimate Difficulty Mod?

Also where can i find the one for Thief 2 HDMOD version?

Quote Originally Posted by jblanc03 View Post
    The instructions of the Mod does not indicate that ANYWHERE!!

Thats bullshit. No wonder!

enhanced_aifootstep_trace:
    ; enable more elaborate tracing for AI footstep sounds so it hits objects and not just terrain
    ; (the calculations are a bit more expensive, if you're running on a slow machine and experience performance
    ; problems you could try to disable this and see if it helps)

enhanced_aidetect_trace:
    ; enable more elaborate tracing for AI body and suspicious obj detection so it hits objects and not just terrain,
    ; this will for example prevent AIs from seeing bodies through closed doors
    ; (the calculations are a bit more expensive, if you're running on a slow machine and experience performance
    ; problems, in missions with a larger amount of bodies, you could try to disable this and see if it helps)

The ON/OFF button enable or disable this two options together.

I think it's better to activate this option in combination with the ultimate difficulty mod!

At the moment there is no ultimate difficulty mod version for T2 hd...

How hard would it be to make the Ultimate Difficulty Mod for Thief 2 HD 0.95????
    I mean cant the old Diffilculty mod DARK.GAM for Thief 2 be put in the HDMOD folder and will work???

It shouldn't take this long for an HDMOD version of the Thief 2 Difficulty Mod to be made. When this first came out, it was made for both from the get go.

This is so frustrating, i want to play T2 but cant untill this mod is avaliable since you cant load a saved game once you implement it!

With which mod (for TFix 1.24) I can make my game as more hard? This mod will not work with TFix 1.24?

Zombified
    the game can take quite a lot of punishment before it breaks completely. so you can take the hdmod difficulty dark.gam, rename it to tfix.gam, and replace the original in your TFixed install. some things will probably break, but probably not enough to make the game completely unplayable.