TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 57 of 58 FirstFirst ... 7121722273237424752535455565758 LastLast
Results 1,401 to 1,425 of 1435

Thread: Thief Gold HD Texture Mod

Zombified
    probably by you know, actually properly following the install instructions which clearly say you need TFix? even the installer itself pops a message about this once you start it up.

I'm playing through thief gold again after so many years of playing just FMs, and I've decided that it would be with this mod, to experience a new flavor.

But I've noticed something that is bothering me:

Notice garrett's hands inconsistences when he is carrying the body: he has full black gloves. That pic is just an example, but all bodies carried shows that black glove hand.

I've installed latest Tfix and lates Hd mod.

I also saw the carries body thread and all the pictures have a normal garrett hand, which prompt's me to think this is related top the HDmod...

Yes. I like this full black glove version. It's from the Necro Age mod. The original texture looks strange. Especially Garrett's thumb:

You can't fix this with a better finger texture ... the 3D object itself is the problem...

So i thought it's better to give him the black gloves. And he does not leave fingerprints behind

Well, I like the fingers out, I don't think it looks strange. The 3d models are all strange with hi-res textures in any case.

I've seen some of the new enhancement pack models and I actually like them, aren't these first person hand models being altered/fixed?

But what bothers me is the inconsistency, when garrett holds his sword and blackjack his fingers are there with no gloves... shouldn't have a texture replacement for that also?

In any case, I'd prefer to have the original hands even if it looks "strange" because the gloves look worse to me. Anyway, It's just a minor complaint, and it looks like a kind of a glitch...

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Slaughter View Post
    But what bothers me is the inconsistency, when garrett holds his sword and blackjack his fingers are there with no gloves... shouldn't have a texture replacement for that also?

In any case, I'd prefer to have the original hands even if it looks "strange" because the gloves look worse to me. Anyway, It's just a minor complaint, and it looks like a kind of a glitch...
    I understand what you mean...it was not the best solution.

Just delete the file called "\HDMOD\mesh\Txt16\handCar2.png" and you will see the original hand

EDIT: Had major FPS drop issue but it seemed to be a weird thing with my installation. A reinstall fixed it. Ignore.
    Last edited by IAmTheWalrus; 30th Jun 2017 at 22:12.

Gecko, I don't know why you insist on changing things that don't need to be changed. At least make them option. It's called the HD mod, not Thief the Reimagining. I and many others play for the new textures, not all these unoptional changes you've made. Some don't actually like having the zombie design changed, nor do we like the atmosphere changes in some of the levels due to complete other skyboxes, nor do we want already difficult enemies to take double the damage. It's great all the work you've done, but these unnecessary changes are frustrating. I strongly suggest adding in more options for these things in the options .exe.

Zombified
    sounds like you want TFix+NecroAge.

Not a big fan of NecroAge, and HD mods textures look to be a lot higher res. I just wish he wouldn't change gameplay without us being able to tweak it.

Quote Originally Posted by IAmTheWalrus View Post
    Not a big fan of NecroAge, and HD mods textures look to be a lot higher res. I just wish he wouldn't change gameplay without us being able to tweak it.
    This is how my Thief Gold looks (objects and textures) in its current state.
    Just download the file from here (read the readme):

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0Byh...ew?usp=sharing

I´ll take down the file on 31st July 2017.

Zombified
    HD mods textures look to be a lot higher res.
    I don't think there is much difference in texture resolution - both packs area about the same size (last time I've checked). one way or another, if you want vanilla + hires, it's either NecroAge or EP2.
    It's called the HD mod, not Thief the Reimagining.
    it doesn't really matter what it's called, it is the latter (a reimagining), and considering the extensiveness of the changes, there is pretty much no way this could be made user selectable without unreasonable amount of effort.

Dóttirin klęšist oft móšur möttli
    Gameplay has changed? What exactly?

Just wondering, would it be possible to take the static textures from HDM and place them in the USERMODS folder of a new Tfixed instal, for those that just want the replacement textures and not the vomiting zombies etc?

On another note, doesn't "HD" mean 1080p? As opposed to "high res", which I do not think has a ficed value as such?

Zombified
    possible yes, but as they aren't 1:1 replacements, results may vary.

Gecko, I don't know why you insist on changing things that don't need to be changed. At least make them option. It's called the HD mod, not Thief the Reimagining. I and many others play for the new textures, not all these unoptional changes you've made. Some don't actually like having the zombie design changed, nor do we like the atmosphere changes in some of the levels due to complete other skyboxes, nor do we want already difficult enemies to take double the damage. It's great all the work you've done, but these unnecessary changes are frustrating. I strongly suggest adding in more options for these things in the options .exe.
    My answer to you from last year:

13th Jun 2016 13:09
    Quote Originally Posted by Gecko View Post
    I can add more optional options (for new zombies) in the next release Thanks.
    I will also check what is possible for me to give more options...

Quote Originally Posted by voodoo47 View Post
    I don't think there is much difference in texture resolution - both packs area about the same size (last time I've checked). one way or another, if you want vanilla + hires, it's either NecroAge or EP2.

Sorry, but i have to correct you. The HD mod folder has 2.9 GB after installation (without miss files!). NecroAge v2.3 has 780 MB (unzipped 970 MB). That's because the HD mod has a lot more of high resolution textures (up to 2048 x 2048)...

it doesn't really matter what it's called, it is the latter (a reimagining), and considering the extensiveness of the changes, there is pretty much no way this could be made user selectable without unreasonable amount of effort.
    Maybe there are some optical changes like the fire shadow what you can call "reimagining". Like it or not...I do not care. You can create your own mod if you want. Or download HD mod v1.0 without new effects...

By the way - with the NecroAge mod all AI's (human) have no eyes...only black holes. This is also a "reimagining"...

Quote Originally Posted by Cigam View Post
    Just wondering, would it be possible to take the static textures from HDM and place them in the USERMODS folder of a new Tfixed install
    You will have some textures what makes no sense in-game. If you can live with that...try it out.
    Last edited by Gecko; 5th Jul 2017 at 13:10.

Zombified
    Quote Originally Posted by Gecko View Post
    with the NecroAge mod all AI's (human) have no eyes...only black holes. This is also a "reimagining"
    that is a bug, most likely, probably something wrong with the texture. anyway, there is no doubt that hdmod is not a 1:1 hires update to the original assets, and that translates into a reimagining in most people's vocabularies. what I'm trying to say is that Walrus most likely expected hdmod to be a 1:1 hires upgrade, and is now upset after finding out that not being the case.

Yup.
    Sorry, completely forgot I already asked you about this. Didn't even know I knew about the mod that long ago. I also didn't mean to sound so damn aggressive so I apologise for that as well. This is why I gotta proof-read, even it's only a sentence or so
    Back to enjoying your fantastic mod I go, and this time I'll stay there

that is a bug, most likely, probably something wrong with the texture
    sorry, but it's no bug! I thought that you know the NecroAge mod because you recommanded it to others. Almost all guard AI's have no eyes because the mesh textures are so dark in the eye area that you only see black holes. You can see it also on the demo pics: http://www.ttlg.com/forums/showthread.php?t=144312. I didn't want to discuss about that so i hope it's ok now.

Necrobob did a great job on the textures no question! He is really talented! I respect that.

@ IAmTheWalrus

I have no problem with critic. As i said i will try to give more optional options...
    Last edited by Gecko; 6th Jul 2017 at 23:31.

Zombified
    an artistic choice then - so negligible that I didn't really notice, I might add.

Yes but repetition is annoying.

Hello, I created an account here because I wanted to report a bug in the HD Mod that is really annoying me.

I actually did some research and found out that you guys are already aware that this bug exists. Is the one in the mission Assassins that makes one of Ramirez's servents trigger the alarm while he is delivering the goods to his room. Now, according to what I read, this bug was already suposed to be fixed in both TFix and HD Mod, but it have the latest version of both mods (TFix 1.25 and HD Mod 1.2) and it keeps happening to me.

The reason I'm 100% sure that this bug is present in the HD Mod and not in TFix, is because I did some experiments: first, I removed the HD Mod folder from my Thief Gold main folder and replayed the part in the mission were the servent was suposed to trigger the alarm, everything went smoothly, no alarms, no attention trigger from Ramirez, pretty much as it was suposed to go. So I confirmed that with only TFix 1.25 running in the game, the bug doesn't happen. But then, I returned the HD Mod folder to the Thief Gold main folder and replayed that part one more time, now with the HD textures... no deal, the alarm was triggered every single time the servent entered in Ramirez room, even when I was not the in the basement the alarm was still triggered.

So now, the only way for me to play this mission with a perfect ghost, is removing the HD Mod folder and playing the mission with the old textures.

I even reinstalled the HD Mod to see if the problem was there, but nothing, I played Assassins one more time and it still kept happening. Any ideas of how to solve this?

Zombified
    if I remember correctly, the problem manifests when the tray concrete acquires physics - the solution is to make sure it doesn't happen. as you have observed, the object has no physics in the TFix map and gamesys so everything is fine, however hdmod uses its own map and gamesys, and it looks like the issue is sill present there.

should be easy to dml patch - I'll have a look today or tomorrow.

I thought i fixed it. But maybe i forgot it then...

Sometimes it's a gamesys chaos!

Here is the DML code:
    Code:
    DML1

//temp fix for the tray causing Ramirez to go alert as soon as Joe drops it
    -ObjProp -1710 "PhysType"

Zombified
    the weird thing is that this already is included in the TFix gamesys.dml, so there must be something else going on, like the physics being inherited onto the concrete and saved into the map at some point. or the dml not getting applied.

Zombified
    aha - now I remember why I left a copy of gamesys.dml in the root - it's because hdmod would not load it from elsewhere. I'll return it back in TFix 1.25b, for now, just copy gamesys.dml from OSM to your TG folder and things should be ok.

@Gecko, please add uber_mod_path OSM to your cam_mod.ini, that will allow (the next version of) TG hdmod to load dml and squirrel stuff from TFix properly.

Page 57 of 58 FirstFirst ... 7121722273237424752535455565758 LastLast