TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Garrett and the Beanstalk - Dec 2003

Kfort, I forgot about this since its been so long ago that I played it. Once I get my system back up running 2 months

I will definitely be playing it again.

Dóttirin klęšist oft móšur möttli
    dml to fix a secret
    note: there's a "Amulet of the Ghost" on expert difficulty. It's resources are missing, so it shows up as a potion. Take it and go to the secret room.

Code:
    DML1//Garrett and the Beanstalk//Fix Secret//miss20.mis.dml

+ObjProp 80 "Scripts"
    {
    "Script 1" TrapFindSecret
    }
    +ObjProp 522 "Scripts"
    {
    "Script 2" TrigWorldFrob
    }
    +Link 522 80 "ControlDevice"
    {
    }
    +ObjProp 80 "Scripts"
    {
    "Script 0" TrapTimedRelay
    }
    +ObjProp 80 "ScriptTiming" 
    {
        "" 500
    }
    +ObjProp 80 "DarkStat"  
    {
        "" Hidden
    }
    -ObjProp 520 "Darkstat"
    -ObjProp 520 "Scripts"
    Last edited by Unna Oertdottir; 7th Jul 2018 at 05:24. Reason: add informations

The "Amulet of the Ghost" works just like an invisibility potion. The model for this object NVAhnkS is missing from the zip file.

Thanks for that info John

However it doesn't seem to work correctly when playing via Newdark. You can collect the amulet, that initially looks like a health potion and when you use it, it turns into looking like an invisibility potion, but you can not 'use' the amulet potion for either health or invisibility.

What does happen however is that when you collect the amulet the banner above the altar in the dining room turns translucent, allowing you to mantle through the banner to get to the hidden room.

Um it made me invisible. When I "used" the amulet the beasts in front of me lost sight of me temporarily, and my light gem went dark. The only difference is that there was no "swallow." I've noticed that instead of placing a wedge or nothing at all, ND uses the actual model of the object placed in game. In this case the anhk was supposed to change to another instance of the same anhk instead of disappearing like the invisibility potion does.

And your right, amulet works as you said

Darn these pesky authors not including swallowing noises in their missions, as well as that the 'invisibility' amulet of ghost works time and time again.

Note to self: Keep an eye on light gem in case authors include such oddities again!

Dóttirin klęšist oft móšur möttli
    Thanks. Added some informations to the dml.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123