TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile

Thread: New TDM mission by grayman: Braeden Church - Jul 2018

New TDM mission by grayman: Braeden Church - Jul 2018

William Steele: In the North introduced us to some memorable characters: Lord Harckoff, Lieutenant Trumble, Father Grimmore ... The setting was a renovated Builder church. But what was that church like, back when Father Grimmore was alive and the Harckoff family was nowhere to be seen? This mission takes place on one very nasty night back then, when a gang of murderers and thieves raided the church. You happen to be in Braeden on the same night, and you decide to visit the church, with a goal that's quite different than what the gang had in mind.

Is this an upcoming mission announcement ? there doesn't seem to be a download, might be my eyes though

I think there's a bug with the goals, im playing on "normal" difficulty, i have accomplished the second goal, the first on is optional, and the last on is to return to the starting point, it happens that ive returned to the starting point and nothing happens.

Quote Originally Posted by Cardia View Post
    I think there's a bug with the goals, im playing on "normal" difficulty, i have accomplished the second goal, the first on is optional, and the last on is to return to the starting point, it happens that ive returned to the starting point and nothing happens.
    Yes, there appears to be a bug concerning the objectives. Right after the beginning of the mission, very close to the starting point (just around the next corner), you should have come across two opponents who immediately start a long conversation. Once they have finished talking, you should have received a new goal: Release the undead from the catacombs so that they fight against the thieves. If the player interrupts that conversation, this objective will never be displayed. But it does still count. So, if that's what happened to you, then you can still accomplish the mission by opening the door to the crypts (and returning to the starting point again after that). It works; I've just checked it out myself.

Thanks baeuchlein, i thought i had listened to all the conversation, but then the guard saw me peeking from the barrel , guess ill have to restart the mission... I've recognized the map, it's the second time i explore this beautiful construction.

guess ill have to restart the mission...
    No, you don't have to. Just open the door to the catacombs and then return to the starting point. The mission will then successfully end.

I've downloaded TDMsources from this page http://www.thedarkmod.com/downloads/

then i have unzipes this file but now i cannot find a exe file?

Great mission, but I could not figure out how to use the magic key I had to go to the Dark Mod forum to find out.

If someone else has this problem use the drop function and then just touch the door with it.

pwl

Completed. Fun mission, although I could not find the armory key I understood the hint, after searching everyone still could not locate.

Quote Originally Posted by radogoal View Post
    I've downloaded TDMsources from this page http://www.thedarkmod.com/downloads/

then i have unzipes this file but now i cannot find a exe file?
    The Sources is for when you want to compile your own executable via MSVC or SCONS.

For compiled binaries, use tdm_updater:

http://www.thedarkmod.com/download-the-mod/

Quote Originally Posted by baeuchlein View Post
    No, you don't have to. Just open the door to the catacombs and then return to the starting point. The mission will then successfully end.
    How do i open the door with the green glowing glyph?

How do i open the door with the green glowing glyph?
    Use the "drop item" key (originaly R) to set the key in manipulation mode in front of you, then touch with it the green symbol/glyph on the door.

Quote Originally Posted by Kin View Post
    Use the "drop item" key (originaly R) to set the key in manipulation mode in front of you, then touch with it the green symbol/glyph on the door.
    ahhh, that's why i couldn't open the door, thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by rustmite View Post
    Completed. Fun mission, although I could not find the armory key I understood the hint, after searching everyone still could not locate.
    I did the same before realizing that the hint is a red herring - just pick the door

edit
    Last edited by radogoal; 6th Jul 2018 at 13:43. Reason: wrong

This was another cool mission grayman. I am not sure about the "key manipulation though" I nearly lost my "bleep" figuring that out.