TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 LastLast

Thread: Thief: The Dark Project 20th Anniversary Contest - Screenshots & Teasers

I only meant to peek at a few, but wound up staring at every image. These missions are going to be fantastic! I can't wait to play them. Really hoping All these screenie turn out to be actual entries with very few not making the deadline.

I am curious about a couple of screenshots Tannar and Yandros posted that have foggy/misty-looking atmosphere.
    Since weather isn't allowed, I'm guessing those looks were achieved by manipulating particles?

First screenshot is definitely just particles. I'm not sure about the second one. Could be some very large grey particles.

Desperately Dodgy Moderator
    They are both just particles - in my case yes, very large grey particles. I know Tannar's are also because he copied my settings and made some tweaks.

Yup, this is particles. Weather effects are forbidden when achieved through roombrushes (for fog, rain and snow for example), but crafty solutions to 'bypass' this rule are allowed (such as particles).

We are both only using them around bodies of water, so it's not being overdone.

I wish I was that clever with particles! Can't wait to immerse myself in these paeudu-holodeckian places!

Here's one last pic from me. I'm almost ready to get this to go beta.

A construction site? I don't remember seeing one in a mission, well done Gort

Very interesting looking, Gort. I like the idea of a construction site.

Quote Originally Posted by GORT View Post
    Here's one last pic from me. I'm almost ready to get this to go beta.

It looks very interesting - can't wait to play that!

when i see that construction pic i think to myself i know that is sand"gravel" i will be walking only second loudest compared to marble,prepare to either run or ghost that area

and mc taffer in your pic i got the feeling a craybeast is wondering that long hall
    Last edited by downwinder; 13th Jul 2018 at 20:47.

ZylonBane
    Quote Originally Posted by downwinder View Post
    when i see that construction pic i think to myself i know that is sand i will be walking only second loudest compared to marble
    First, there is no "sand" surface type in Thief. Second... sand is loud to walk on?? WTF?

There are only three volume levels for player footsteps on different materials. Tile (marble), Metal, Water (swimming) and Gravel (what I assume downwinder means for sand here) are all equally loud, and are the loudest materials. Wood and stone are next, while dirt and carpet are effectively silent.

Southquarter.com/fms
    I did not know swimming was considered as loud as tile. Guessing that's only if you're on the surface, right?

Yeah, swimming on the surface is consider walking on water from a sound generation standpoint, at least as far as I can tell looking at it in the schemas.

ZylonBane
    I'd certainly consider sand to fall in the "dirt" category.

Yes and no, there are two "sands" texture (more if you count those in tower2 and Newmage)

This one count as dirt

This one however count as gravel

IIRC the yellow sand sounds like gravel in Thief 2 only. In Thief Gold it sounds like dirt.
    Last edited by DarkMax; 13th Jul 2018 at 21:34.

Let's get back on track here so I don't have to go deleting posts before my morning coffee.

I deleted the off-topic posts. Please keep your comments relevant to the topic of the thread and refrain from personal attacks. Any further such comments may result in a temporary ban, or worse. Please don't make us resort to such things.

Quote Originally Posted by Yandros View Post
    Let's get back on track here so I don't have to go deleting posts before my morning coffee.
    Active part of the community is quite small, time has passed, new FM numbers have dropped, so the whole communuity and this site is more a treasure than ever before. That's one of the main reasons there shouldn't be any off topic conflicts - however I did not read the deleted posts.

By the way I hope that there will be many entries for this contest.

Still in Progress, after a big break i am working again on this FM for the Contest. After the Contest i working on the new FMs for the Acideus Saga.

My Progress (or lack of)

First of all, this is a terrific community with incredible members. Please be kind. Although I have only met 2 members in person (was quite a thrill), I feel I know many of you.

Now back on topic (sorry Yandros for wandering). I have been building a mission for this contest, but I am a very slow builder and will likely miss the deadline. I will complete a mission but late.

I am very impressed with the speed some of you have shown in moving your missions along. Donít know how you do it.

bbb

Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 LastLast