TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 51 of 53 FirstFirst ... 6111621263136414647484950515253 LastLast
Results 1,251 to 1,275 of 1318

Thread: Tafferpatcher: unofficial complete patch for Thief 2

Southquarter.com/fms
    How is it different than just manually installing New Dark?

Dóttirin klęšist oft móšur möttli
    Quote Originally Posted by voodoo47 View Post
    isn't T2tool stuck at NewDark 1.24?
    No, stuck at 1.25

Zombified
    should be usable then. I don't think it updates the scripts and other files properly though, see below.
    Quote Originally Posted by Brethren View Post
    How is it different than just manually installing New Dark?
    if you mean the GOG T2 package, it

-crops the cutscenes properly
    -enables FSAA
    -enables ATOC to make the plant visuals closer to oldDark (smooth edges instead of hard edges)
    -sets proper transparencies on a few decals for the same reason
    -updates all scripts and some other files (making sure those who are using the dreaded sold out patch don't end up with outdated files. and yes, steam = sold out, so yeah, whoever is running steam with no updates is playing a semi broken hybrid version of 1.07/1.18)

so nothing special, but if your order is "I want a minimal zip that installs NewDark properly with no manual edits required", then this is what should be put onto your plate.

isn't T2tool stuck at NewDark 1.24? anyway, a package for T2 equivalent to TFix lite exists - it's the GOG package, which can be applied to any full, proper 1.18 oldDark T2 install (even sold out edition should be fine). currently in two parts:

the 1.25 package
    the jan2018 update

apply the 1.25 package first, then the update, and you are good.
    This is exactly what I was looking for... Thank you!

Zombified
    sure thing.

Quote Originally Posted by baeuchlein View Post
    I cannot confirm a bug there. When I load that savegame in an english or german version of Thief 2 patched to NewDark v1.25 with TafferPatcher 2.0.18, the robot continues to analyze his situation for just a few seconds, then moves down the ramp and proceeds on his usual patrol route.
    Are you sure?

Yes. I just checked it once again - when the save was loaded in Thief 2 NewDark v1.25 (German) the robot was analyzing the situation at first, did so for about 10 seconds, then went down the ramp and out of the room at the bottom.

I also checked that at least three times before posting that I could not confirm that bug. Apparently, something is different between our T2 versions.

No Tafferpatcher only NewDark 1.25 and in this case this bug is visible in my game.

Has anybody noticed no death or injury sounds any more?

Zombified
    allright, lets get this party started;

firstly, all the NewDark files need to be updated, the exes, dlls, doc, and contribs, like always. and then

cam_ext.cfg stuff - a few config options have changed so it will be better to import the old tweaks into the new file, plus
    - enable d3d_disp_no_rgb10_buf (no semicolon at the beginning of the line, as win10 hates when it's disabled)
    - enable ATOC (d3d_disp_enable_atoc 1)

cam_mod.ini stuff
    - add uber_mod_path OSM, create an OSM folder in the T2 folder and move all 3rdparty script files there (squirrel included)
    - add .\usermods+.\NecroAge+.\EP2+ at the beginning of the mod_path path to allow NecroAge and EP2 install just by dropping them into the T2 folder. add an usermods folder in the T2 folder so people could have a place where minimods could be safely dropped

resources
    - kick out NTEX, we have much better alternatives nowadays
    - would recommend keeping EP, as people might still want the higher res objects but not the textures
    - update to the latest NVscript

to be added to patchedres - contents of this package which contains:
    - the proper blackjack textures (delete the old BLACJAC4.tga from obj/txt16 and mesh/txt16)
    - retextured ladders
    - vhotted candles

to be added to EP.crf - contents of this package which contains:
    - vhotted hires candles
    - jointed hires bell

in DromEd.cfg, enable hw acceleration for Dromed by uncommenting

editor_disable_gdi
    edit_screen_depth 32

set the editor default resolution to 1024*768 in user.cfg

edit_screen_size 1024,768

and lastly - the much confusing message on the second screen "install thief 2 into the specified folder/setup will ask for original CDs or their copy on on HDD" should be changed into something simpler, like "install into the specified folder from CD or image" or something that would make it very obvious that you only need that if you have the cd version of the game. also the suboptions seem unnecessary, just point the patcher to the cd and let it do its thing, no need for movies or scripts to be deselectable. less in more in this case.
    Last edited by voodoo47; 12th Jun 2018 at 05:22.

Thank you, working on it. In fact, the most difficult part of it is actually removing obsolete components, because as it is now, Tafferpatcher cannot uninstall or even detect anything that it does not contain. So if I just remove NTEX from the package, it will simply disappear from the list and the user will have to uninstall it manually. So it'll take some coding to rework this part.

- add uber_mod_path OSM, create an OSM folder in the T2 folder and move all 3rdparty script files there (squirrel included)
    Is it safe to add scripts as Uber Mod? I mean, are their new versions guaranteed to be backward compatible? Say, if some FM has its own version of OSM on board, then the updated script module comes, will said FM possibly have issues?

Zombified
    generally, overriding any ancient osm version that comes with a fan mission is exactly what you want, as this fixes issues, not creates them. any rare scenario where this isn't the case will be handled via forum support (just like when a fan missions needs a fix to work in the NewDark environment).

been using this setup in TFix for years, I don't think I've seen this causing problems, ever (talking about TG fan missions, T1 missions requiring the original convict.osm is a different matter).

Zombified
    ah, and it would be nice to have the T2 interactive candle mod integrated (and maybe preselected, I'll leave that up to you), of course. it requires the fixed missions pack, so it should not be selectable unless the pack is installed as well. //drat, both EP2 and NecroAge contain the unvhotted canstick and canstick2 models. will need to figure something out - later today. //ok, for now, redownload the archive (T2_candlesTP.7z) and when active, the mod needs to have top priority (so .\usermods+.\Candles+.\NecroAge+.\EP2+ etc. in cam_mod.ini). that should do it for the time being.

//also, increase the default number of audio channels, currently only 12 if I remember correctly.
    Last edited by voodoo47; 12th Jun 2018 at 05:13.

Zombified
    updated the EP package (to be merged with EP.crf), please redownload (wrong name for the bell object).

Got it, thanks. I see there are some *.DML files with same names in your candles mod and fixed missions pack. Will their settings be merged correctly if I place them in different folders?

Zombified
    yes, as long as they are in separate modfolders, they will be loaded properly (that's pretty much the point).

And a final request: can we get rid off the term 'beta' ?
    Eight years of beta-testing is surely enough!
    Especially for a rock-solid tool like this.

Hi

I have been playing Thief 2 using Tafferpatcher,but i have got a small blue circle on screen.This happens in menu,movies,and in game.

How do you get rid of it?.It's distracting to say the least.

Thanks

Colin

EDIT i think it's my Desktop pointer,making its way into my game.
    Last edited by ladderman; 15th Jun 2018 at 04:43.

Zombified
    sounds like custom pointer software? not using it would be the solution if that's the case. or maybe post a screenshot.

Quote Originally Posted by gnartsch View Post
    And a final request: can we get rid off the term 'beta' ?
    +1 to that.

Well,it seems to be a Windows 10 Default(system scheme) busy pointer.Although it went away when i Left crtl+Tab and went back into the game.Although why the mouse pointer was showing up as Busy in game seems strange to me.

Thanks

Colin

Quote Originally Posted by ladderman View Post
    Although it went away when i Left crtl+Tab and went back into the game.Although why the mouse pointer was showing up as Busy in game seems strange to me.
    It's a common Win10 bug that the cursor stays showing "busy" even after the operation has completed until you actually move the cursor. But when the game starts it takes the mouse input over the cursor, so the cursor cannot move until you Alt+Tab back to Desktop.

On topic, though. Among custom scripts, I have files named darkhooks.dlx and dh2.osl. Is it safe to move them to the OSM folder too or should they stay in the root folder?

and lastly - the much confusing message on the second screen "install thief 2 into the specified folder/setup will ask for original CDs or their copy on on HDD" should be changed into something simpler, like "install into the specified folder from CD or image" or something
    No difficulties in changing that message (besides the need to translate it into German wink wink) except I doubt the "image" is the correct word as TP cannot unpack an ISO file unless it's loaded into an emulator first. What it actually can do is to use a folder with contents of both CDs (they even can be even merged into a single folder to avoid the message popping up asking for a second CD). It can use even an existing game as a source, and this way is preferred if you have a Steam version of Thief 2. That's basically what the partial install options are for — if you already have the contents of CDs copied manually, then you don't really need to copy them again. You can have several instances of the game and each one will use the same resource folders. Or you can make a single full install and then use it as a source for partial installs if you want to have one for FMs, one for testing mods, etc.
    Last edited by DJ Riff; 17th Jun 2018 at 14:40.

Zombified
    any resource in a modfolder will be loaded properly, afaik (by NewDark, oldDark will ignore modfolders, obviously). but that sounds like something very ancient - are you sure it's even required? hopefully someone will know.

Hey guys, I've just recently played all the way through Thief Gold for the first time and am now most of the way through Thief 2. I've been enjoying both games immensely and appreciate all the work that has been done to them via Newdark, TFix, Tafferpatcher, and the community at large, however I have a question regarding some anomalies I've been experiencing with T2 and Tafferpatcher. When I installed Tafferpatcher v.2.0.18, the only optional component I selected to be installed was Newdark 1.25. So far I have been experiencing occasionally disappearing doors/framed painting textures/NPCs. Some examples of these occurrences that are reproducible on my end: the back entrance door to the Hammerite church in Mission 7 'Blackmail' would just outright disappear whenever I'd open it, some paintings (the frames remain) in various missions so far like to disappear if I stand a certain distance a way/or view them at a certain angle (though a vast majority appear normally), and most recently in Mission 10 'Life of the Party' I had the NPC in the building where you find the letter addressed to Garrett just vanish without a trace as he came close to me. I've also experienced AI guards (especially the smaller robots) getting stuck during their routes, and I myself have gotten stuck in doorways a few times. I'm playing on the Steam version of Thief 2, if that helps at all, and I do not recall having any similar issues in TG using TFix.

Obviously none of these bugs are really game-breaking but I am just curious if they're somewhat known errors or if perhaps I'm doing something incorrect somehow.
    Last edited by simp; 13th Jul 2018 at 16:12.

Zombified
    should have installed the overhauled resources.

should have installed the overhauled resources.
    Just to be clear, do you know what specifically causes the issues I mentioned? Are they connected directly to something in Newdark or the Tafferpatcher installer or perhaps Thief 2 itself?

Some people I have spoken to about this have said they don't experience these issues in Newdark 1.19, which has only confused me further.

Thank you for your help.

Page 51 of 53 FirstFirst ... 6111621263136414647484950515253 LastLast