TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 109 of 109 FirstFirst ... 9596469747984899499104105106107108109
Results 2,701 to 2,712 of 2712

Thread: TFix: unofficial patch for Thief1/Gold

OK thanks, won't bother with a 1gb+ download of latest GoG installer then.

Great!
    Door texture in Assassins mission is now in its correct shape and position.
    Another door to be corrected in Bafford´s.
    Uploaded to bug list.

Zombified
    note that this looks bad only because you are using an unsupported texture pack which exaggerates the issue, the door looks fine in vanilla or with EP2, even though its V offset technically is somewhat off. but FIX, because it looks better aligned properly.

unsupported:

EP2:

Why does auto-equip now default to off in these latest GOG patches? I open a chest and I don't even know what I've got until I scroll through my entire inventory trying to find it! Please reverse this decision, it's not the intended design of the game. What you pick up should show in your hand until you put it away. Leave the proper defaults alone (especially for newcomers who don't know better); anyone who wants it off can change it.

Edit: It's just the TG GOG patch doing it. Perhaps unintentional?
    Last edited by MasterFlaw; 24th Jun 2018 at 08:41.

Zombified
    this has always been the default (auto_equip is a user.bnd variable and no version of TFix or GOG package modifies that file, so whatever is set in the install you are currently patching will still be there after the update is done. if the file is missing, the game will generate it upon first run with auto_equip set to 0, so default off), and I'm pretty sure I'd get complaints if I were to suddenly change it now, so it's better left alone. whoever wants it, can simply enable it.

//I can affect what is generated by default however. hmm.. maybe I'll change it. //ok, why not - the not yet deployed 1.26 GOG build has been updated, so once it's in, whoever will freshly install the game from GOG, will get auto-equip enabled by default. no change for those who already have their own user.bnd - they will get whatever is already set there. complaints will be redirected to MasterFlaw's pm box.
    Last edited by voodoo47; 24th Jun 2018 at 11:15.

My memory's not quite that bad. For the past 20 years, Thief has defaulted to auto-equip on. A quick reinstall of an untouched Steam install confirmed it. Anyways, thanks for the quick fix.

Zombified
    ah, you are talking about steam/oldDark behavior - I'm not supporting that, whoever wants to use it today is on their own.

Lite now also has the fix.
    Last edited by voodoo47; 25th Jun 2018 at 09:30.

Stock Steam installs of both TG & T2 actually run fine and work about like they did back in the day. 4:3 and lower resolutions are very, very suitable for ancient games like this. Just needs admin for TG movies. Heck the only thing I can't get working is EAX for TG (I figured an ALchemy .dll drop would do it but I guess not, works for T2 though).

I do appreciate NewDark patches for reasons though, like FMs and Steam overlay for better controller support. But for just playing the vanilla game? Meh.

What are some good settings to apply in the NecroMod? When playing, Garrett's hand looks a little funny when drawing a sword or blackjack.

Zombified
    there are no settings, it's either the mod loaded or not. no idea what do you mean by little funny - post a screenshot.

//I think the proper motions might be missing or not getting loaded in certain situations - if that's the case, then repatching with TFix and leaving the default mod loadout alone should fix it.
    Last edited by voodoo47; 19th Jul 2018 at 09:52.

Toyed around a bit and got it all figured out now. Only thing how do I get the sky mods to work for the T1 fan missons? When starting a fan mission, all I see is a space-like black sky with small dotted stars.

Zombified
    you need to pick the sky of your preference (missXX.mis.dml in the \MODS\t2skies folder), create a copy of the dml, and rename it into whatever the fan mission mis name is (example if the FM has thievery.mis, the dml would be thievery.mis.dml). you also need to delete the following from the dml:
    Code:
    FINGERPRINT
    {
       QVAR "origmis" == 1
    }
    then start a new game with the FM to see the changes.

Page 109 of 109 FirstFirst ... 9596469747984899499104105106107108109