TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Your favourite Thief?

Quote Originally Posted by Mechs Delight View Post
    Really? I thought the first two games were far superior to Deadly Shadows, which just seemed like a lazy, even cynical cash grab, especially the Museum, which could stand in for any bloated, generic giant level. But even Deadly Shadows looks like a glowing bar of gold compared to the unspeakably awful NuThief.
    To be fair, Thief 3 was rushed because the studio was about to close, and they had a tight deadline so corners had to be cut. The other problem is they decided to port it to X-Box (a low memory console), so they had to make the levels cramped to make it work. Unfortunate circumstances + bad decisions

Thief The Dark Project/Gold.

Loved them all, also the reboot.
    Last edited by piesel; 17th Jul 2018 at 07:37.

bulgarian taffer i agree with all but one aspect of thief deadly shadows story line was continued from thief 2,so its part of thief 1 and 2

nuthief =shit

the only way to save thief story line is to have either a prequel to thief 1 or a thief 4 taking place after deadly shadows

I completely agree with Razorfist
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YJ7iU5fy7aU

Thief(4) is not part of the series in my judgmental opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by downwinder View Post
    the only way to save thief story line is to have either a prequel to thief 1 or a thief 4 taking place after deadly shadows
    I'd rather see no more Thief games, rather than see them sullied further. In my head, the Keepers from Thief 3 were not the true Keepers, but an usurper order that stumbled upon Keeper knowledge while the true Keepers faded into the background, knowing they could not confront such a powerful group directly.

This is all drawn from readables and environmental storytelling, granted, rather than cutscenes, dialogue or press releases. But the LGS people loved (and love) their secrets. ^_^

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12