TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Fell On Black Days

Moderator and Priest
    Quote Originally Posted by PigLick View Post
    how bout we talk about nu-metal instead
    How bout I backhand you upside the head? NO NU-METAL!

Still Subjective
    Quote Originally Posted by Goldmoon Dawn View Post
    I think that there are many who would argue that Plush by STP is the near definition of the grunge sound, so there is that.
    Yep. I could totally go with that.

Wft is happening??!!!

lmao!

Hey man, good music is good music.

I know there were a bunch of "alternative-type" bands that jumped on the grunge wagon, but I still think Bush was great!

oh shi *and* Oasis. They rocked!

Still Subjective
    Oasis were bollocks of the highest order. Supersonic was their only good track, everything else is turgid larger-lado flavoured indie crap, repetitive and unoriginal pap too. Half their riffs are nicked of The Beatles.

Bush were dull as dishwater.

I don't like Mudhoney either.

Quote Originally Posted by SubJeff View Post
    turgid larger-lado flavoured indie crap, repetitive and unoriginal pap too.
    lmao

Fair enough, but to a young American at the time, it was pretty amazing. The only thing I didnt like coming from over there, at the time, was... oh god the spice girls.

Southquarter.com/fms
    Quote Originally Posted by SubJeff View Post
    Brethren, you got a GMD & SE bifecta agreeing on ejecting Pearl Jam from the house of grunge. I think that's checkmate.
    I mean hey, everyone has their own personal definition of grunge, just like any other music label or classification. But do some searching on google and you won't find a single article on grunge that doesn't list Pearl Jam, and specifically the album Ten as part of the origins of grunge music. If you could find one article in 100 that didn't mention them, I'd be shocked.

Grunge is really just a loosely defined label anyway, which described hard rock alternative bands that came out of the Seattle scene in the early 90s. How Pearl Jam doesn't fit that description is beyond me. Especially when two of their members came from other bands which are pretty much universally accepted as frontrunners of the grunge scene (Mother Love Bone and Green River).

Moderator and Priest
    There's an easy way to end this argument. Pearl Jam has its roots in the grunge scene, and Ten was an album very much in tune with the sound and feel of the time. But they've moved away from that style over the years, and can't be considered quite so grungy anymore.

Here is an even easier way, pearl jams Alive had bluesy guitar shredding in it, so it isnt grunge, case closed. Essentially as a professional musician at the time, all of a sudden you couldnt play wanky guitar solos anymore cos of grunge.

Still Subjective
    Quote Originally Posted by Brethren View Post
    Especially when two of their members came from other bands which are pretty much universally accepted as frontrunners of the grunge scene (Mother Love Bone and Green River).
    What?

This is the logic nonsense.Why do you come out with stuff like this? By this logic Bohren & der Club of Core is a hardcore band and not ambient jazz.

It is, however, fair enough to say PJ are grunge. They're just really light grunge.