TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Phoenix Point

Thing What Kicks
    Quote Originally Posted by Vicarious View Post
    There's an 8min boss fight video with Gollops commentary:
    Hah! Klesk and Sarge pain barks from Quake 3!

The boss battle doesn't look half bad. If there's a nice variety of these, it could carry the game by itself.

Heavily influenced is an understatement here, it's literally the same but with crappy animations. Don't get me wrong, I'm hyped for that as all hell. I'm just surprised that they didn't even try to make it any different from XCOM.

Moderator and Priest
    It's still an alpha, not due out for another couple of years at least. I expect the animations and things are in a rough state at the moment.

I expect the end result, if they're able to implement all their planned features, will be fairly similar to XCOM in a lot of respects, but far from being an outright clone.

verbose douchebag
    Quote Originally Posted by Vicarious View Post
    Heavily influenced is an understatement here, it's literally the same but with crappy animations. Don't get me wrong, I'm hyped for that as all hell. I'm just surprised that they didn't even try to make it any different from XCOM.
    They've literally rushed this demo out to generate hype for the remainder of the Fig campaign. Most of the assets are placeholder and it makes sense to copy an existing system which works well for the purposes of getting it up and running for showcasing the combat. This game isn't due for another 18 months - don't judge it by its first pass demo.