TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Kingdom Come - Deliverance

The atmosphere of the forest area where he's riding the horse seriously reminds me of OFP/ArmA, in a good way. Not kickstarting it, but I'll be first in line to get it when it's done.

verbose douchebag
    My comment was mainly just a wry dig at the juxtaposition of a playable pig being on the cards because they've already featured a playable woman. Just the way it was written made that sound like it was some kind of ground-breaking feature.

hell if you are adding a playable woman character might as well go the whole hog eh?

My comment was mainly just a wry dig at the juxtaposition of a playable pig being on the cards because they've already featured a playable woman. Just the way it was written made that sound like it was some kind of ground-breaking feature.
    I know! My original post was written as tongue-in-the-cheek comment and was supposed to come off that way.

As for the playable female character being introduced it actually is kind of a ground breaking feature when seen in the perspective of the KC:D´s development. I am a backer and I followed the kickstarter discussions quite closely from the start – Dan Vávra originally made it very clear that there will not be a playable female protagonist due to realism being a priority.

However lots of people (mainly from the US I would imagine) started to make an issue out of that, even making silly arguments like “B-but there was Joan of Arc! How can you say there were no female knights in medieval?????” or just yelling “I am not gonna buy this coz OMG SEXISM!!!!” Vávra eventually gave in to the pressure and introduced a playable female character for the tutorial as stretch goal to kind of appease this vocal minority.

Hence I thought that if people bitch loudly enough and pour in sufficient amount of money they could possibly get a playable pig in the same way. After all there will be a possibility to hunt wild animals including boars, so I guess that having some kind of a mini game/mod where you play as a pig/boar/dear/other animal and try to escape a group of hunters would not be as unreasonable as it may sound at the first glance.

verbose douchebag
    I'm sure with all of her armour on and her little horse and everything, she'll be just ADORABLE.

Actually she is going to be a peasant woman with massive cleavage who will be completely harmless against acutall fighters and hence will rely on stealth… definitely adorable though

You can see her in the 1 hour long gameplay video right at the start - the one sitting on the bad that the main protagonist wakes up on.

verbose douchebag
    Cool. So long as she has massive cleavage. Otherwise, how would I know she's a woman?

I always quite liked M&B's approach.

"Yes, you can play a female character, but it's still a man's world coz REALISM so...fucking deal with it, I guess."

Sort of...unapologetically sexist, but still giving you the option to play female characters so you can actually experience the sexism in person, rather than simply whitewashing it all away as a non-issue.

Hence all the bits where you say you wish to become ruler of a nation and they respond with (paraphrasing)

"HAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHA o god. No but seriously, you're not bad with a sword, so perhaps you'd consider helping this man over here become king?"

Cuddly little misanthropic hate machine
    Quote Originally Posted by PigLick View Post
    hell if you are adding a playable woman character might as well go the whole hog eh?
    piggers sometimes you redeem yourself

this is one of those times

PC Gamering Smartey Man
    I <3 consoles and gamepads

I will finally have time to sit down with the designers and start writing the quests and storyline. Next month, we will be joined by twelve new colleagues (some of them quite experienced senior developers from the recently disbanded 2K Czech studio in Prague). In just a few months, we plan to grow to more than 50 people, so we can make the big game we first dreamed of.
    https://www.kickstarter.com/projects...e/posts/754383
    *dethtoll cancels pre-order*
    "mafia game director? maybe. even more senior mafia developers? straw that broke the camel's back"

Cuddly little misanthropic hate machine
    Yeah I already knew about the Mafia connection. I even commented on it on RPS a couple months ago.

PC Gamering Smartey Man

Guys, watch this:-

Backer alpha teaser. OMG, this looks fantastic!

Level 10,000 achieved
    Holy shit look at all those high res textures. This is gonna need some kinda future PC to run tho, right?

PC Gamering Smartey Man

Quote Originally Posted by henke View Post
    This is gonna need some kinda future PC to run tho, right?
    Given that it's coming to PS4/XB1 (i.e. consoles that are comparable to ~2012 PCs), it will probably have scalable detail settings. No doubt it will there will be the option to take advantage of future PC hardware too, since it's a case of "PC first and then ported down".

PC Gamering Smartey Man

Early alpha and the game already has writing that craps upon Skyrim/Fallout 3 from great heights! Definitely amped for this game.

PC Gamering Smartey Man

Shut up and take my money.jpg

For some reason this is giving me an Arma2 vibe, the world setting I mean.

reads old thread again - oh yeh

Looks good but i can't shake off the feeling that it would've been way more impressive if the Witcher didn't happen :/

Also those faces in the intro god its like someone sucked all their soul and personality lol

That first-person melee combat looks ace. Such a good idea for a game, and so obvious when you think about it. I can forgive some plastic faces.

I think the fact that 90% of popular video games are fantasy or science fiction is one of the things holding the medium back. There's nothing wrong with science fiction or fantasy, mind, but I'd like to see the development of the videogame equivalent of "literature". I really hope this game is successful so we get more games set in the real world with normal, human conflicts.

I know it's in german but it looks soooo good!

Level 10,000 achieved

New trailer!

Well! The acting is a tad stilted, but overall it looks good.

PC Gamering Smartey Man

Dude.

Kingdome Come: Deliverance will launch simultaneously for PlayStation®4, Xbox One, and PC, on the February 13th, 2018 in the Americas, Europe, and all PAL regions.
    https://www.kickstarter.com/projects...project_update
    http://store.steampowered.com/app/37...e_Deliverance/

Ooh, that's looking good! A medieval setting without magic and dragons and stuff sounds nice for a change. I wonder why I never got into backing this game on Kickstarter. Perhaps I simply forgot.

verbose douchebag
    I can't wait for this one.

PC Gamering Smartey Man

This game looks stunning. This alongside Far Cry 5 will make for a killer February!