TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Your favourite Thief missions! 2017 Hardcore Redux!!!

Black Frog...hmmm... *Downloads*

Also, that is a mighty fine reply for a nine year old

Quote Originally Posted by Soccorro View Post
    Are there any Cthulhu themed FMs?
    Not exactly Cthulhu by name, but The Drymian Codex has an area devoted to a Cthulhu-like god.

Yeah, The Drymian Codex instantly sprang to mind, but I couldn't remember whether it was Cthulhu themed. Still one of my favourites though.

You should play Sepulchre of the Sinistral! Because Sepulchre of the Sinistral is, no doubt, the absolute greatest T1 FM created. Yes, that's a bold statement, but Sepulchre of the Sinistral is just that good. So add Sepulchre of the Sinistral to your list, and then play Sepulchre of the Sinistral. But save it for near the end, because every other T1 FM you play after Sepulchre of the Sinistral will never quite rise to the heights that Sepulchre of the Sinistral reaches.

Look, just play it!

Sepulchre of the Sinistral

Yeah, add Sepulchre of the Sinistral to your ever-growing list of FMs, because when you play Sepulchre of the Sinistral, you won't be able to go back to anything other than Sepulchre of the Sinistral.

Dttirin klist oft mur mttli
    Well, Sepulchre of the Sinistral is a great FM. That's for sure. It reminds me of Sepulchre of the Sinistral. You can't go wrong with this. No dml needed for Sepulchre of the Sinistral, which is perfect, because it took many years (4-5?) to build Sepulchre of the Sinistral. But Sepulchre of the Sinistral is not an appropriate mission for beginners or impatient players. So don't play Sepulchre of the Sinistral yet.

Ranstall Keep has Cthulhu-esque monsters and a black and white horror setting. You'd have to ask the others which version is best (T2 or T1).

The first time i played "Sepulchre of the Sinistral" i loved it, the second time i replayed it (recently), i also enjoyed it but no so much like the first time, because as an author or maybe with a more observing eye i can't avoid see how certain areas are very simple, few textures few dynamic regarding geometry, but then... back then in 2004 one was very limited with Dromed for thief 1, besides for most people here the most important is the gameplay and the theme. It would be interesting to see a remake of "Sepulchre of the Sinistral" with new dark.

Quote Originally Posted by Cardia View Post
    the second time i replayed it (recently), i also enjoyed it but no so much like the first time,
    That's interesting. Admittedly, I haven't played it for a while, but I think what I most loved about it (apart from just how insanely deep and cavernous it felt) was the storyline and the puzzles. I love missions with puzzles, and the crazy maze in SotS, and whatever puzzle it had that involved fiendishly-hidden scrolls made it deeply satisfying. (and wasn't there a terrifying room of black, red-eyed spectres hunting you? Creepy...)

See also: Ominous Bequest.

Oh yeah - remembered two more Cthulhu-esque missions: Eclipsed (already recommended earlier in the thread) and A Better Tomorrow.

Quote Originally Posted by Motley Fool View Post
    That's interesting. Admittedly, I haven't played it for a while, but I think what I most loved about it (apart from just how insanely deep and cavernous it felt) was the storyline and the puzzles. I love missions with puzzles, and the crazy maze in SotS, and whatever puzzle it had that involved fiendishly-hidden scrolls made it deeply satisfying. (and wasn't there a terrifying room of black, red-eyed spectres hunting you? Creepy...)

See also: Ominous Bequest.
    like i said, for the many or for the most players here the most important thing for them in a mission is the gameplay and the Theme.But for me Level design is also important (if not the most important feature), the map can have a good story, good gameplay, good theme, good music, but if the level design is somehow amateur im not going to get enough satisfied, i love to spoil my eyes with beautiful places. im not saying the level design of this mission is poor , but its not rich either, so its just reasonable, average , when i first played this mission i never had done anything in 3d, so everything looked beautiful to me, now after working for years in level design when i play thief 1 game for example i find many areas to be very simple , extremely raw or amateur. But many of these lack of richness in geometric dynamic is due to dromed 1 limitations. replaying this mission was satisfying but visually not impressive.

Thanks for all the suggestions so far! Gimme moar good taff!!!