TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 38131415161718

Thread: UPDATED T2 FM: Finals at the Academy - v2.0 May 6 2012

Dóttirin klęšist oft móšur möttli
    Always look in the zip file. You're using Darkloader. DL is converting oggs to wav.

Oh you're right. So I just copy the OGG files manually?

Quote Originally Posted by Azaran View Post
    Oh you're right. So I just copy the OGG files manually?
    I doubt that you will find any .ogg files for the majority of sound files for the Keepers. The first as well as the second release of this mission has the majority of the Keeper sounds in snd/NewKeepers. These are Wave files (.wav file extension), and they seem to be recorded at 8,000 Hz, which is very low-res even for voices. The few .ogg files in snd/KA (KAInit ... .ogg) are recorded in better quality but contain just the speech Garrett hears when the mission begins. All other Keeper sounds won't sound very good because of the low frequency at which they are recorded.

There's some more trouble that might befall you. If I recall it correctly, there was a problem with NewDark and this mission, resulting in Garrett not scribbling everything he should into his notebook. I think pages with page numbers above a certain treshold (maybe page 12 or 22?) are affected. As far as I know, this problem was never solved. So, if you use NewDark to play this mission, you might have to write down some things on your own in order to solve some puzzles. I believe. however, that the mission might not be completely broken, meaning you can most likely complete it with NewDark anyway. It's just that Garrett will not make every note he should,

Oh OK, thanks, I guess that solves it. I thought the author had extracted the sound files directly from T3. Could be a good idea for the next version if that's possible
    Last edited by Azaran; 28th Mar 2017 at 19:10.

Quote Originally Posted by Azaran View Post
    I thought the author had extracted the sound files directly from T3. Could be a good idea for the next version if that's possible
    He may even have done that and then converted the files to a lower sound frequency to save disk space and/or keep the zip file comparatively small in size.

just replayed this mission and omg i saw something i never noticed before it was the "fish in a bowl" in the upstairs room,it was just swimming around enjoying life

Larry, absolutely loved this mission, played it 4 times already-do you or anyone have a loot list that you mentioned?

Check the first post in this thread.

Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 38131415161718