TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Water Contest - In These Enlightened Times Sept. 22/06

Now that I see this thread again, being bumped just recently, I see that I forgot something...

Thank you to the author. I thoroughly enjoyed this mission when playing it, around the same time last year. Great "swampy" feeling, and then this laundry list...

In These Enlightened Times

What to do with the puzzle on the first floor? Is it a kind of code in the letter that I've taken from the thug?

Archivist
    Aithena, see the first number of posts on page 1 for clues:
    http://www.ttlg.com/forums/showthrea...=1#post1503540

And welcome to the forums
    Last edited by The Phantom; 16th Dec 2012 at 13:02. Reason: updated link

Thank you!

I'm replaying this great FM. My problem is that when I try and frob the blue underwater transparency crystal nothing happens. I've tried below the water and above. Nada.
    All other missions play perfectly and if I remember correctly when I played this one when it first came out it worked correctly. Wonder what's different with my setup?

I've just stumbled across this very nice mission, and I have the same problem with the sapphire not working at all. I suspect it might have to do with newer graphics card drivers not being able to do something properly. I do know that a few years ago my installation of Thief Gold suddenly developed a bug where the screen would turn entirely black if I was underwater and and certain other conditions prevailed - I think the conditions were A, no water surface visible on the screen and/or B, view below horizontal. Or somesuch. Anyway, the only two computer changes I had before this was getting a new screen (LCD instead od CRT) and updating DirectX drivers.

Problem fixed!

I went ahead and reinstalled GayleSaver's custom scripts and that fixed my problem. Try it, it may work for you too.

I apologize for the thread necromancy, but I seem to have run into a problem. The ankhs that are supposed to be on the ghosts' belts are completely absent. I can't figure out what the deal is, though it's possible that there is a conflict with NewDark. Has anyone else experienced anything like this?

Yes, same problem for me using NewDark 1.22 with the T2 HD Mod. Don't know which would cause it, but maybe someone else will. Otherwise it played and looked great, but now I can't finish.

Desperately dodgy geezer
    Looking in Dromed, the ankhs are there and I can't figure out why they disappear when I go in game, but I can confirm that they do.

Did a fresh T2 install using latest Tafferpatcher and enabling all fixes/mods, updated to NewDark 1.22, but didn't add the HD Mod yet, and the ankhs are still missing, so it seems like something incompatible from NewDark with the way the ankhs are implemented in this FM.

Dóttirin klęšist oft móšur möttli
    We tried to fix this mission. It's difficult, since some can see the ankhs, some don't. I hope this dml is working for everyone.
    Note, there are old scripts in the mission zip (NVScript. script.osm)
    I recommend to replace the scripts with new ones. Download it here
    http://www.mediafire.com/file/429s0f..._Bundle1.1.zip

save this as miss21.mis.dml
    Code:
    DML1
    //Fixed mages and ankhs in In These Enlightened Times//miss21.mis.dml

+ObjProp 30 "AI_NGOBB"          
    {
        "" true
    }

+ObjProp 30 "AI_ObjPathable"   
    {
        "" : true
    }
    +ObjProp 30 "AI_ObjAvoid"       
    {
        "Flags" Block pathfind,Repel
    }
    +ObjProp 467 "Position"
    {
    "Location" 529.65, 505.00, 503.11
    "Heading" 0
    "Pitch" 0
    "Bank" 0
    }
    +ObjProp 416 "HasRefs"
    {
        "" true
    }
    +ObjProp 580 "HasRefs"
    {
        "" true
    }
    +ObjProp 211 "HasRefs"
    {
        "" true
    }

Regarding Unna's post above

The T2-Scripts_Bundle mentioned in Unna's post above is needed if you find your Sapphire of Water Spirit does not work underwater. I discovered that this bundle, that contains all the up to date scripts, did not work for me when I installed it in my T2 root (main) folder where you would normally install it, but it did work when I installed it in my T2/FMsel/InTheseEnlightenedTimes folder, although it should not make a difference. So if the Sapphire does not work for you, play the mission via FMsel and install the bundle contents in your FM folder.

As for the Ankhs. Some players can't see them as Unna said. When I first played the mission I couldn't see any of them (there are meant to be 3 according to DromEd) but 2 of the ankhs became visible after I killed the 2 mages on land, but because the 3rd ankh on the mage walking on the water was not visible or frobbable it was not possible to kill the mage walking on water.

With Unna's dml I could only see one of the ankhs on one of the mages on the land, but that was ok as I could kill both of those mages. But most importantly I could see and frob the ankh on the mage who was walking on water, and so was able to kill him, thus by killing all 3 mages the blue barrier comes down allowing you to finish the mission.