TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 47 of 47 FirstFirst ... 27121722273237424344454647
Results 1,151 to 1,157 of 1157

Thread: Sneaky Upgrade: Unofficial patch for Thief 3

Mouse problems with multiple monitors

Hi folks, I've run into an issue with the latest version of the mod. When playing on a multi-monitor system, the mouse cursor doesn't 'lock' to the display playing the game - it drifts off to my second monitor on the right during gameplay as I move the mouse to look. If I happen to click to attack and the mouse button is over the taskbar, the game loses focus. Is this a known problem? Someone else over at the Thief Reddit forum has the same issue: https://www.reddit.com/r/Thief/comme..._cursor_issue/
    My current workaround is to downgrade to 1.1.7.1; that doesn't have the issue.

Sneaky Upgrader
    Please try this version - there's a change in there that may make a difference. Also, try disabling the frozen mouse cursor fix (Troubleshooting page).

Are you using dgVoodoo or a similar wrapper?

Which version of Windows do you have?

Edit: Is the game running on your primary monitor? What happens if you move it (using the option near the bottom of the Display page).
    Last edited by snobel; 26th Sep 2017 at 02:17.

Quote Originally Posted by snobel View Post
    Please try this version - there's a change in there that may make a difference. Also, try disabling the frozen mouse cursor fix (Troubleshooting page).

Are you using dgVoodoo or a similar wrapper?

Which version of Windows do you have?

Edit: Is the game running on your primary monitor? What happens if you move it (using the option near the bottom of the Display page).
    Thanks Snobel! I'll give that build a try. As for the other questions:

- Not using dgVoodoo or any wrapper; should I be?
    - Windows 10 Pro, 64-bit (stable, non-insider build patched up to September 2017)
    - Game is running on my primary monitor (left, running 1920x1200 resolution. Right, non-primary is a 1280x1024 display)
    Some hardware details:
    - Intel 4670K CPU
    - nVidia GeForce 1070; driver version 385.41
    - 8GB RAM

I'll reply later with the outcome of my tests.

Quote Originally Posted by TheHat162 View Post
    Thanks Snobel! I'll give that build a try. As for the other questions:

- Windows 10 Pro, 64-bit (stable, non-insider build patched up to September 2017)
    - Game is running on my primary monitor (left, running 1920x1200 resolution. Right, non-primary is a 1280x1024 display)
    Some hardware details:
    - Intel 4670K CPU
    - nVidia GeForce 1070; driver version 385.41
    - 8GB RAM

I'll reply later with the outcome of my tests.
    I tried the linked build; no improvement with the mouse cursor fix either enabled or disabled.

Sneaky Upgrader
    OK, it was worth a shot.

Quote Originally Posted by TheHat162 View Post
    Not if you don't need it. But your issue is likely caused by changes I did to fix the same issues for my dual monitor setup. I noticed back then that without those changes things would work with dgVoodoo, but not without it. With the changes it would work without it but not with it. So you could actually try installing it and see if it behaves the same for you...

I'll see if those changes can be made optional - please check in for another test build, it may happen this weekend but more likely next week.

Just posting to say I have the same issue as TheHat162. It is also running on my primary monitor, on windows 10 pro 64-bit, and I've tried the same troubleshooting listed above among others

Sneaky Upgrader
    Noted. Please stick around and test as well.

Page 47 of 47 FirstFirst ... 27121722273237424344454647