TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile

Thread: Is this shot even possible? (Question for devs)

Is this shot even possible? (Question for devs)

I'm a fairly decent shot with the bow, and I had an idea for a shot a couple months ago I've been meaning to try. I'm wondering if it's possible to shoot a firebolt with a water arrow while it is in the air. This is, needless to say, an almost impossible shot ? but before I start trying it, I'd like to know if it's even coded for that to work. I think it would be cool if it were. ^_^

Like in UT how you can deflect rockets with the hammer...

I am sure of it that you can shoot birds, try it out in th-skeltstonhead.

I did it couple of times with both the guard and the thief. It's kindof a challenge.
    Because you need aiming skills and firebolts are just too inacurate for that.

I know this: If you're a thief hiding in a dark room and a guard comes in to light the torch which will expose you, you can shoot a water arrow at the guard and estinguish the flare AND torch. Pisses the hell outta the guard. Also works on random-flare-scanning guards (hint, hint, Lurox).

i think it would be cool. have a guard and a thief facing eachother in a narrow hallway and aim straight with thief pulled back all the way...shoot...see what happens. i bet the arrows will go through eachothe...but maybe not ...who knows.

I do know it's possible to tag Flares. Me and Frantic were playing Spiders as guards once, when we discovered a thief Frantic threw a flare at him, whilst I fired a tag arrow at the same time, oddly enough the tag arrow hit the flare and got stuck in it, giving us a, useless yet funny, tagged flare.
    "When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro..."

Originally posted by Buho
    I know this: If you're a thief hiding in a dark room and a guard comes in to light the torch which will expose you, you can shoot a water arrow at the guard and estinguish the flare AND torch. Pisses the hell outta the guard. Also works on random-flare-scanning guards (hint, hint, Lurox).
    This is already coded into Thievery. Your described tactic will work on AI guards, but not on human guards.

ThieveryUT

Hmmm, both the bolt and arrow have pretty tiny collision cylinders, if you were lucky enough to shoot one with the other, I think the firebolt would explode midair.

Could I request, then, that for 1.3 if the firebolt is hit with a water arrow that it will simply go away, as the water would make it inactive? It's a minor request, but I think that it will add yet another counter to firebolts, which have a habit of making thieving difficult.

[Edit] Or even, perhaps, make the firebolt collision cylinder a bit bigger? It looks fairly big when drawn on screen, and the fire would cause a water arrow to burst, putting out the fire bolt. Perhaps not -completely- realistic, but it would make the shot a wee bit easier.

What dalai said, its hard but possible.!

i once attempted to crater a guard in residency at the same moment he fired a firebolt. And guess what? I landed on it!, took firedamage while it carried me to the maps vertical boundary which i then fell and died! A freak chance a few seconds later, my comp crashed. i wonder if thats cuz of an illegal thievery situation?