TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile

View Poll Results: Do you beleive that thievery is Balanced?

Voters
14. You may not vote on this poll
  • O yeah! totally. I dont care what team i'm on!

8 57.14%
  • IT sux! ITs not fair YADDA YADDA Bitch Bitch ect.

3 21.43%
  • I havent decided yet

3 21.43%
Multiple Choice Poll.

Thread: My Motivation for thievery Salvation!

My Motivation for thievery Salvation!

hey that rhymes!

I previously posted this on the extra tem minutes thread but i figured that every1 needs to read this for i personally though i was moving to the soul.

Katra's Speech on happiness
    Again people of TUT... We have another uncompromising dilemma. and you know what? It all comes back down to the question of BALANCE.
    What is balance, the dictionary defines it as To bring into or maintain in a state of equilibrium. Taking everything into consideration; all in all. and finally To bring into or keep in equal or satisfying proportion or harmony. This is the true clock that runs the universe. If we all are satisfied and joyed at the company of fellow players of thievery, then whats to matter about who wins or who loses? It would have been a great game nevertheless. Also our hardworking developers that we all depend so heavily on are always doing their best to make our game-playing experience as best as possible. So thievery playas around the world. Tonight.. Im asking you, is the night that thievery players of the world to all join hands. today, in glory will get along. As of this day we shall become one unified nation of friends and happy tut players and pray to god, or whatever diety you beleive, that this community shall become happy once more.
    So join me . and as of this night i expect not to hear cursing, dissing noobs who wanna have fun, compaining about lag or any of that negativety is now permanently erased. Please dispose of it in your mental trash cans. So I hope that this little ditty has changed some players attitudes about this game. So TUT players JOIN ME>> in the thievery REVOLUSHYON!

Pardon the formality, but i just had a burst of creativity _________________________________

and i needed to express myselff. Thank you all for reading my post.

...And will they rejoice and pray for the builder's acceptance? NOOOOOOOOOOO. They will wail and scream most ungrateful!. -Karras sometime during Garrett's infiltration of soulforge cathedral

Balanced imo.
    Don't care what team ( in a balance view )

I do prefer thieves, because their style atracts me more.

I have to say that its balanced thief vs. guard wise, tho technology like t3 line or a good computer can give someone a great advantage. If I had a better computer and internet connection I'd be doing really good, but alas, my money must go to more important things... feh.
    The 28.8 strikes again!

I have to say that its balanced thief vs. guard wise, tho technology like t3 line or a good computer can give someone a great advantage. If I had a better computer and internet connection I'd be doing really good, but alas, my money must go to more important things... feh.

(Got to hate a crappy Pentium 2 and 28.8 modem)
    The 28.8 strikes again!

You dont have to post twice the same thing you know

One time is enough

Originally posted by Zidane{AYL}
    not necessarily, i have a pentium 4 1.6 ghz
    and a 1.5mb D/L cable connection and I still suck lol

Let me guess. You all believe it is balanced because you win as Thieves.

By the way, the game of Spider we just played, the entire guard team was KOed and the Thieves hardly lost any lives except from disconnects and a new supply of KOers joining.

TUT is teh l33t.

I don't mind joining any team, and i always have fun in both. IT's very well balanced and that's not an easy feat at all! Kudos to the builders!

Originally posted by OHHDEAR
    Let me guess. You all believe it is balanced because you win as Thieves.

By the way, the game of Spider we just played, the entire guard team was KOed and the Thieves hardly lost any lives except from disconnects and a new supply of KOers joining.
    The GAME is pretty well balanced as is. However, the relative levels of SKILL of the two different teams will vary from round to round, and there's no way to account for that in the gamecode, nor should it be accounted for. Better players SHOULD win more often.

Oh, and for the record, OHHDEAR, I tend to win more often as a guard, not as a thief.
    Last edited by LaughingRat; 9th Jan 2003 at 17:28.

if by balance you mean "fair" then no I'd have to say.... but then lifes not fair. Thievery is very Darwinian, and Natural Selection has its own sense of balance.....

...so then yes, Thievery IS balanced.
    ....be rid of thievery? ...then be rid of the worship of material things!
    - SiLeNt_NiGhT (ex-hammerite)

on oh dear's senario i was not koing any1 and i got dced 2ce! how unfortunate!

Yes, but skill can often be misconstrued in game balance. Just because every game I;ve played as T and I've won doesn't make ME have skill.

For the record, the last 5 games I've REALLY tried to play, the Thieves won by KO/lamer "objectives" KO with maybe ONE objectives win. I was on Thieves 3 of those times.

But, noooooo, the game is balanced simply because you all say it is.

Originally posted by PhaeThorn
    Balanced imo.
    Don't care what team ( in a balance view )

I do prefer thieves[...]
    ... most of the time, though.

And the mod delivers tools to balance maps. So how good the game
    is balanced is depending on how good the map is.

Originally posted by OHHDEAR
    For the record, the last 5 games I've REALLY tried to play, the Thieves won by KO/lamer "objectives" KO with maybe ONE objectives win. I was on Thieves 3 of those times.

But, noooooo, the game is balanced simply because you all say it is.
    For the record, i have the exactly opposite experience. Lots of guard wins and few thieves ones. And of those few, maybe only one to total KO.