TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: The 2002 Thievery Awards

She steps out of the shadows. I'll be around, don't worry. Have had a lot going on lately, haven't played, and truthfully haven't felt like playing much either, with everything going on, just feel like watching.
    I'll play, thanks for the encouragement. Hey at one point, I did reach the #1 rank.

Originally posted by Poseur
    If BrokenArts would ever play on a public server, maybe I would've given her the best female Thievery player award. However, she only plays on Leatherman's server (which is a server I'm not l337 enough to play on) so I don't know how good she is. Whenever she plays on a public server, she only spectates. So play on a public server, and maybe you'll win the best female Thievery player award next year Broken Arts!
    Oh, quit your whining.

Leatherman's server is private to KEEP OUT "1337" people, with good reason; too many CS fuck-tarts want to screw up servers. Leatherman only lets in players he trusts, and knows to play the game as it is meant to be played. They run on an honor system, whereas people like you and me, do not. I think that's great; at least they don't have problems with losers like me and Smokey.

And I HAVE seen Broken Arts play on a public server several times, and she plays honestly and fairly, and at the same time, does very well, which means a helluva lot more than what some other people do. That, and she has the good sense to realize it's just a fucking game. If you don't like it, then go jack off or something...

*storms off*

Now now SNAFU!! Your not a loser! Casts a rainbow, to calm the storm I'll play!! I'll play!!! OKAY!!!

buh?

Just looked at this, and I'm wondering:
    Why didn't I get the worst ping award?

Not that it's the best award ever, it's just that my ping always seems so high to me (usu. 200-500). I must say I pity the person with the award if they have worse ping cuz my ping always screws me up .
    The 28.8 strikes again!

Antarc. (poseur) gets 1000 ping sometimes....

Originally posted by SNAFU
    If you don't like it, then go jack off or something...
    LMAO!

btw, I was joking about the whole "l337" thing, and not being able to play on leatherman's server. It's just a group of friends who enjoy playing with each other.

secondly, Anarchtica sends me his gratitude for winning the worst ping award. However, I didn't get the whole message because he was lagging hard when he was trying to type his message. Oh well, I get better responses from Pinging Out Iggles.

Good Bye
    Last edited by Poseur; 9th Jan 2003 at 19:38.

best looking female player award!!!

**continues to stare at herself in the mirror
    !i>"A High IQ Doesn't Make Up For A Lack Of Common Sense"<i!

Oh, quit your whining.

Leatherman's server is...

(snip)

...*storms off*
    Man, SNAF. This is two days running. Flowing heavy this month, or what?

I'm tired and pissed off, and am often ignored, online and off. To get people to listen, I must either...

1) Win a million dollars.

2) Get pissed and yell at people like a Staff Sargent with an ongoing case of PMS.

I do not like to yell, but I can't win a million dollars. Also, this REALLY flipped my switch...

Most useless member award : Snafu!!!

Whoop-dee-shit. This is the award I've ALWAYS wanted. Yessiree, nothing like being called "useless".

If you look in the Random House Unabridged Dictionary:Second Edition, you will find...

useless: adj. 1. of no use; not serving the purpose or any purpose; unavailing or futile.
    2. without useful qualities; of no practical good.

What really gets me is the fact that this definition of me is absolutely, positively, 100% correct.

I do not write strategy guides.
    I do not make maps.
    I do not make mutators.
    I do not run a guild.
    I do not run a server.
    I do not draw fan-art.
    I do not write fan-fiction.
    I do not report bugs.
    I do not help noobies.
    I do not create web sites.

In short, I do not do anything.
    I do not... period.
    Therefore, I am useless, which means I am of no practical good.
    Therefore, I am dedicated to only providing absolutely 0% useful information. If you search for my name, and look through all of my posts, you will find exactly 0% relevant or helpful information.

This bothers me.

I will now recess, take a break and a cold shower, then get back to posting more totally worthless information for you all to laugh at or ignore. Then I shall sweep my tired, aching bones into my bed, and ponder what it must be like to useful.

then get back to posting more totally worthless information for you all to laugh at or ignore.
    AH. You've said it yourself! You aren't useless! You give us something to laugh at!

I'm tired and pissed off, and am often ignored, online and off. To get people to listen, I must either...

1) Win a million dollars.

2) Get pissed and yell at people like a Staff Sargent with an ongoing case of PMS.

I do not like to yell, but I can't win a million dollars. Also, this REALLY flipped my switch...

Whoop-dee-shit. This is the award I've ALWAYS wanted. Yessiree, nothing like being called "useless".

If you look in the Random House Unabridged Dictionary:Second Edition, you will find...

useless: adj. 1. of no use; not serving the purpose or any purpose; unavailing or futile.
    2. without useful qualities; of no practical good.

What really gets me is the fact that this definition of me is absolutely, positively, 100% correct.

I do not write strategy guides.
    I do not make maps.
    I do not make mutators.
    I do not run a guild.
    I do not run a server.
    I do not draw fan-art.
    I do not write fan-fiction.
    I do not report bugs.
    I do not help noobies.
    I do not create web sites.

In short, I do not do anything.
    I do not... period.
    Therefore, I am useless, which means I am of no practical good.
    Therefore, I am dedicated to only providing absolutely 0% useful information. If you search for my name, and look through all of my posts, you will find exactly 0% relevant or helpful information.

This bothers me.

I will now recess, take a break and a cold shower, then get back to posting more totally worthless information for you all to laugh at or ignore. Then I shall sweep my tired, aching bones into my bed, and ponder what it must be like to useful.
    Sorry again Omega, that was the best post evar!!!!!

Oh, and btw, I quoted his entire post so that he couldn't edit his original post

SNAF:

Yeesh, man, all this over a stupid non-award that was OBVIOUSLY mis-presented? CLEARLY the "most useless" award should have gone to Un-toppable. No, wait. That would be the "Less-than-useless award"....

You just can't take this so SERIOUSLY. Besides, look back on some of the PM's and email you've sent me. Some of those were NOT useless.

I am sorry, but, I do have to agree, with Snafu, that was pretty inconsiderate, and low to call someone useless. There was no wink, or no joke smilie by the comment. Do people have to put up with that?

So many times on the net, people dealing with text, and things being misrepresented. Even if it was a joke, it was in poor taste. I wish people would be more sensitive to what they say to one another, and how they come across. It does matter, we are a community. People flaming, putting one another down, it gets old. And what is usually the end result? Pfft. Things will be said, but be sure to put disclaimers or something with it!

[sarc] [/sarc]
    [joke][/joke]
    [badtaste][/badtaste]

So many more, you get the idea.

Whoa, did you really take it that seriously, snafu? If yes, then sorry!

After all, you're an admin of my server.

And I have a new admin pass, btw, I'PMing it to you now.

Originally posted by Poseur
    Oh, and btw, I quoted his entire post so that he couldn't edit his original post
    Umm. Are you sure you're not confusing him with Un-toppable?

Originally posted by Lurox
    Whoa, did you really take it that seriously, snafu? If yes, then sorry!

After all, you're an admin of my server.
    Oh, so it was a joke? Didn't sound like one... I hear it all the time in real life.

I'm sorry for taking it so seriously then... but I'm still in a bad mood. I guess I'll browse through real quick, then go cool off. I apologize to anyone I may have offended, in my carelessness and wrongful anger.

I've done enough damage for tonight...

Originally posted by LaughingRat
    Umm. Are you sure you're not confusing him with Un-toppable?
    I know SNAFU doesn't erase posts after they were posted like un-toppable does. But I thought that was such an awesome post, that I didn't want it to be edited in any way by SNAFU at a later time. I wanted his original post to stay in tact, even if he did/didn't edit it.

I've done enough damage for tonight...
    You can never do enough damage...get out there and kill more thieves and make use of yourself!!!
    I may only be a 98 pound weakling, but when I put on armor and grab a sword, I feel like I could take on all the thieves in the world. But I suppose 98 pounds isn't bad for a gerbil.

Best commentary in-game: Snafu. (This is true. Even if he is in a bad mood he is always funny when he's online)

Best Guard Guild Leader: Mad_Gerbil

Best patrol guard: Kore (V)acleod

Best trapper: The_Judge

Best Guard Guild: [RLF]

Best follower: Mad_Bergil (I follow the one Gerbil... etc etc)

BEST THIEF:
    spoiler:
    is the dead thief!

Best online ally (and a very good friend): Fri

Most complicated name: Tisfulakistakagela

(GM wears his fireproof armor)...

Best Initiative in Equipment Maintenance Sector: Garlisk

Your salary will be cut. Congratulations!