TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile

Thread: Punished for being good...

Punished for being good...

Ok...im not sure if this has been talked about or not, but I havn't seen it so here goes.

When playing as a thief, I used to be careful...sneaking around, taking my time, listening...and playing smart.

However, playing against humans, its hard to avoid dying eventually. But by that time all the lives are gone and therefore...you are basically punished for playing smart.

Here is an example fix...

6 lives on a map.

We'll use jim and joel as thieves.

Jim spawns, and runs in and rushes an objective.
    Joel sneaks around and looks for a way to get in stealthily.

Jim dies trying to get the objective. Jim did nothing for the thieves. He didn't get any loot. He didn't get the objective.

Meanwhile, Joel has collected 250 gold. Thats 1/4 of the gold requirement for the map. Joel is rewarded with a thief life he can use from the total pool of 6, should he die.

Jim is sitting there wishing he hadn't been such a fool, and had taken his time.

SO...what im saying is...thieves should be given thief lives based on how much they have helped the team win.

Now, maybe Jim was just unlucky...

A 2 minute timer between deaths if you have not earned your lives. But, you cannot take a life from someone who earned them.

What do you think?

Spawn raping would be a prob, but thats why we need more safe spawns...
    Signatures? We don't need no stinking signatures.

Garlisk:

I don't like the idea because thieves should work as a team, win or lose. If there is a weak thief the whole team shoud suffer because of it.

That'll teach ya to be good.

Sounds good to me don't know how hard it would be to implement. What about when someone enters they will not be able to play till the round is over if people earn lives. I see that as a good thing since they don't know what's going on if they enter the game late.

Your basic complaint comes down to the fact that some players are better than others -- which is true, and always will be. There's nothing that the developers could do to change this.

Originally posted by Mad_Gerbil
    Garlisk:

I don't like the idea because thieves should work as a team, win or lose. If there is a weak thief the whole team shoud suffer because of it.
    So Thieves should lose whenever the auto-team puts YOU on the Thieves team? Or when {RLF} Smokey's_Shit comes around? Unless if I have the right to vote kickban any loser, suicider, or otherwise on my team, then I accept your statement. And I for one, would like to kickban YOU for doing nothing but use firebolts, get KO'ed, thus wasting precious lives for guards, and at the same time giving thieves FREE speed pots when they KO you, which is giving aid and comfort to the enemy. And if you suck too much to be on either team, I think you shouldn't play this mod, because I wouldn't want you on my team if you were the LAST person on earth... because you are weak, and there is no place for the weak on my team.

When I can accomplish that, I will accept your statement as true.

Does that sound FAIR?

Originally posted by Mad_Gerbil
    Agreed, and this should (and does) apply to the guards as well, though to a lesser degree.

Originally posted by SNAFU
    So Thieves should lose whenever the auto-team puts YOU on the Thieves team? Or when {RLF} Smokey's_Shit comes around? Unless if I have the right to vote kickban any loser, suicider, or otherwise on my team, then I accept your statement. And I for one, would like to kickban YOU for doing nothing but use firebolts, get KO'ed, thus wasting precious lives for guards, and at the same time giving thieves FREE speed pots when they KO you, which is giving aid and comfort to the enemy. And if you suck too much to be on either team, I think you shouldn't play this mod, because I wouldn't want you on my team if you were the LAST person on earth... because you are weak, and there is no place for the weak on my team.

When I can accomplish that, I will accept your statement as true.

Does that sound FAIR?

I was gonna say something, but then I looked at my sig.
    I may only be a 98 pound weakling, but when I put on armor and grab a sword, I feel like I could take on all the thieves in the world. But I suppose 98 pounds isn't bad for a gerbil.

If you can't deal with real life in a game, then what the hell good are you?
    Moral: SNAFU isn't very smart when he is in a bad mood.