TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile

Thread: has any fan mission author ever thought about

has any fan mission author ever thought about

has any fan mission author ever though about making a mission where you play as a burrick"is that even possible?

would need the gas breath,the burrick charge attack,maybe a burrick droppings like a land mine kinda effect that knocks people out due to the sheer stench.

just something that popped into my head ,seems like it had to have been attempted but maybe to much work?

storyline would be easy as its never been done,like "the journey of Benjamin burrick"starts out in a deep burrick cave where you were born and then you have to go out and learn how to be a burrick.

ok i stop now,anyone have any thoughts on the idea?

Quote Originally Posted by downwinder View Post
    ok i stop now
    Yeah please do.

No please don't stop. This is great. I think it would be possible but I don't have as much knowledge of Dromed as some others here. I might give it a try sometime. It would be cool to have a potion in the mission that temporarily changes the player to a burrick so that he can walk pasts other creatures without being spotted.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkMax View Post
    Yeah please do.

Enviado desde mi F8331 mediante Tapatalk

Dóttirin klæğist oft móğur möttli
    You can already play as Haunty von Joinus or as 2 Thieves
    so it's possible to play as a burrick. It's just a lot of work to do it.
    The question is: why?

Great idea, downwinder. I also think that it would be cool if some Dromed modders could create shapeshifting potions. Imagine Garrett transforming into a spider - now you are small enough to crawl through tiny crevices and ventilation shafts. The potion could expire in 30-40 seconds.

if some Dromed modders could
    Yeah... if only...

Marbleman, it was just a suggestion .

great idea down winder but i have better idea's how about a potion that transform garet into intruder painting=the one with pan flu and golde frame name is inturder in file

player can pass as painting when standing to close to wal

i don t understand why fan mission author don t do that kind of thing=maybe i should drop my profesional minimalistic 8bit artist job in Southern and be come profesianal idea's maker fro fna mission author what do you think ?

just a idea's i had

Classical Master 2008
    What a great idea. I have now cancelled my anniversary contest mission to focus on my new FM: The Burrick Project.

Thanks for the inspiration!

Or how about a remote blackjack? Like Eshaktaar's Staff of Far Reach, you could point it at an AI, press the mouse and it would blackjack the sucker from behind. How cool is that!?

Or better, a superduper blackjack which could KO simultaneously all AI in a room, an area, or the entire game, depending on how many lumps of cheese you have in your inventory.

But wait, I've just had the best idea of my life!! What if, yeah, someone could create a taffing dewdropbeast?? Like a frogbeast it could hunt down and kill all your enemies, and OMG find all the loot and solve all puzzles, giving Garrett time to sit down, put his tapdancing feet up, and fire off threatening letters to the keepers.

Just ideas, guys. Please don't hurt me.

Ooooh-oooh I'm harmless! Please don't hurt me! Guards, there is a strange man over here! He's got a bow!

This thread is great, never a dull moment with downwinder

There _was_ a mission which required you to take a potion or something in order to temporarily turn into a rat so that you could access an area with a frozen dead keeper... something about creepy ghost kids too iirc.

I wonder, has anyone every thought of leaving fan mission authors to come up with their own ideas?

Fleur du Mâle and Amber pour Homme: just my two scents.

Well, turning into a burrick is not that useful I think.
    I mean, they are big, have bad stealthing skills and not really dangerous in combat. Probably their only worthy skill is digging extra tunnels, but I don't know whether it could be implemented in Dromed, also in my opinion some explosives would work well enough even in that case

If any of you'd like to make an FM where Garrett turns into a burrick, I'd suggest something like an evil mage transformed him for any reason and now Garrett has to find a way, to remove the curse and turn back to human.

I disagree with the idea of a burrick transformation potion. Probably only burricks would react friendly to another burrick, and areas infested with burricks are usually dark enough so Garrett can easily ghost there.
    Also knowing Garrett's luck, if he'd drink this thing, a team of Lord Bafford and Lord Gervaisius would immediately spawn next to him, to hunt him down as a trophy

Quote Originally Posted by urgrue View Post
    I wonder, has anyone every thought of leaving fan mission authors to come up with their own ideas?
    Thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by DarkMax View Post
    Yeah please do.
    I like reading his threads and posts. It's nutty stuff that makes me laugh.

Quote Originally Posted by ValmontPhl View Post
    There _was_ a mission which required you to take a potion or something in order to temporarily turn into a rat so that you could access an area with a frozen dead keeper... something about creepy ghost kids too iirc.
    Kingsbridge, I think. Very good mission from a few years back.

ok so what about fan mission where u play as keeper artamis,or cataca were you travel in time and space with keeper magic= u end in real life city

some authors already did this=like fan mission in porto=cant remember the name,but you plas as keeper and have to find way back to keeper compund

and,yes of crouse include intruder painting,dewdrop=u bring him back as bonos objectiv lol

I could make an FM out of the Noble's letter to his wife from The Final Thread of Godbreaker.
    MtB Fms anyone?

yes random_taffer that letter is very important on how he went to live in the woods as a burrick,funny thing is ,one mission when you in wood,there is a guy in a area not possible to get to ,at least i wasent able to get to him, i think he was that guy

Quote Originally Posted by Niborius View Post
    It would be cool to have a potion in the mission that temporarily changes the player to a burrick so that he can walk pasts other creatures without being spotted.
    It's apt that Random_Taffer has a reply in this thread, because Godbreaker has a magical crayman disguise. It's only of use in one area. I think in many cases it's not the idea itself that's good or bad, but the way it's expressed or implemented.

i have an idea for a fm you play as down winder and its your birthday there are some guests invited to your birthday party for example yandros gloria creep and others in the middle of the party you go to the shop because you are running out of food when you return to your house with food there is blood on the threshold you say i have a bad feeling about this then you enter the house and notice that dewdrop that was lying on your home altar was stolen by an evil necromancer and your forum friends were also kidnapped by him so in the next mission you need to travel to necromancers tower and your objectives are to free your friends and to find dewdrop what do you think