TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: T2 FM Mad as a Hatter

There wasn't an Expert setting on 3 Mages Tomb. You'll notice there is no change in objectives, loot required, etc. when you click on it. See the original release thread. It was only a demo and I tested it. I have a save game in the test version on Hard that is at the end and the "kill all the undead you can" objective is not ticked off. I presume it was a bug that was supposed to be fixed in the release version and maybe wasn't. It's so long ago that I can't even remember but I assure that most full size missions were well betatested back then.
    Last edited by Nightwalker; 18th Oct 2011 at 22:16.

Quote Originally Posted by Nightwalker View Post
    There wasn't an Expert setting on 3 Mages Tomb. You'll notice there is no change in objectives, loot required, etc. when you click on it. See the original release thread. It was only a demo and I tested it. I have a save game in the test version on Hard that is at the end and the "kill all the undead you can" objective is not ticked off. I presume it was a bug that was supposed to be fixed in the release version and maybe wasn't. It's so long ago that I can't even remember but I assure that most full size missions were well betatested back then.
    hmm, i thought the expert mode had new goals, but yes i remember that i couldn´t get the goal "kill all the undead you can" to tick off, so i assumed it was a buggy goal, but i think i did complete this mission on normal mode, although i can´t recall well.

Dóttirin klęšist oft móšur möttli
    dml to fix some issues

Code:
    DML1//Mad as a Hatter//fix loot objective on hard difficulty//a painting//fix for final objective//miss18.mis.dml

+ObjProp 141 "BlockFrob"      
    {
        "" true
    }
    +ObjProp 1348 "TrapQVar"
    {
        "" =1500:goal_loot_7
    }
    +ObjProp 1348 "Scripts"
    {
        "Script 0" TrapSetQVar
    }
    +ObjProp 181 "Scripts"
    {
        "Script 0" trigcontained
    }
    +Link 181 1348 "ControlDevice"
    {
    }
    +ObjProp 1348 "DiffDestroy"        
    {
        "quest var values" 0, 2
    }
    +ObjProp 176 "TrapQVar"
    {
        "" =1:goal_state_9
    }
    +ObjProp 176 "Scripts"
    {
        "Script 0" TrapSetQVar
    }
    +Link 85 176 "ControlDevice"
    {
    }
    +ObjProp 184 "TrapQVar"
    {
        "" =1:goal_state_4
    }
    +ObjProp 184 "Scripts"
    {
        "Script 0" TrapSetQVar
    }
    +Link 85 184 "ControlDevice"
    {
    }
    +ObjProp 1264 "TrapQVar"
    {
        "" =1:goal_state_5
    }
    +ObjProp 1264 "Scripts"
    {
        "Script 0" TrapSetQVar
    }
    +Link 85 1264 "ControlDevice"
    {
    }
    Last edited by Unna Oertdottir; 11th Aug 2018 at 02:53.

I would just like to say how much we appreciate your tireless efforts in breathing new life into old fms, Unna. This service is as important as any shiny new mission and a real benefit to the Thief community as a whole. Big beefy kudos to you!

Thank you. Credits to fortuni. He's reporting the issues effectively.

FYI, the dml Unna posted above fixes the following issues:-

1. This mission does not finish when playing on legend (expert). The 'Get to the Clock Tower' successfully completes, but the end of mission load out screen does not load, so the mission does not finish correctly

2. When playing on heroic (hard) the loot objective is 1500, but without the dml that objective completes when you reach only 1000g.

3. On all difficulties there is a hidden lever behind a painting, which without the dml you can frob through the painting, whereas your meant to find a mechanism to first lower the painting to get to the lever. So players who use Ricebug’s walks be aware as his walks tells you that is the correct way to frob the hidden lever.
    Last edited by fortuni; 11th Aug 2018 at 07:21.

Kudos to you too fortuni!

I would describe myself as a Thief fan, but I have come to the conclusion that I'm more a fan of the Thief community. Free time is precious, but there is always something new to learn here, something new to play (and old) and that means someone has spent their valuable time in preparing that offering. Quite amazing really! Those who just post comments, ideas or critiques I would view with the same admiration also. Indifference is death to fora like these, so thanks to those who care.
    To those who lurk, lurking shows you care also . The door is always open here, if you feel like signing up and joining in! Ok, I'm sliding in Shia LaBeouf territory here, but you get the gist.
    JUST DO IT! '..too late....

I edited the dml. The FM will finish correctly on all difficulties. This is not optional any more.
    Issues with WelcomeRoom script, as usual. T2 authors must not use it. Sometimes it's working, sometimes it doesn't. It's a T1 script actually. Use TrigRoomplayer and a Qvar instead.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234