TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5101112131415

Thread: New T2 FM: Behind Closed Doors (6th Feb 2017)

I'm stuck in this room... ceiling is too low to mantle onto the crates, and I can't mantle back out the window... help!

You should be able to easily mantle out of the window - do you have new_mantle turned on?

I started replaying this great FM, and i am stuck with the same problem. Can't leave the small taylor-shop near the badger-waggon. new_mantle is on.
    It seems to me for some time now, that mantling and jumping to ledges, ropes and ladders is much more difficult now. Even more difficult than before new_mantle.
    Can it be that this behaviour started with Newdark 1.25?

Dóttirin klęšist oft móšur möttli
    Try this: crouch in front of the ledge, then mantle it.

Quote Originally Posted by Unna Oertdottir View Post
    Try this: crouch in front of the ledge, then mantle it.
    Already tried this, this is standard when mantling through a small, low opening.

Edit: Changed to Newdark 1.23 - problem is still there. Sometimes the animation of going-through starts, but then you get thrown back.

Edit #2: Time for a fresh install.
    Last edited by UliB; 18th Sep 2017 at 14:17.

Quote Originally Posted by nicked View Post
    You should be able to easily mantle out of the window - do you have new_mantle turned on?
    That was it. I had never even heard of new_mantle. Once I enabled it the crouch mantle works fine. Thanks!

Nicked, thank you so much for this outstanding mission. I loved it! So much fun to play, and the atmosphere was perfect.

Just finished! I clocked 4 hours and it was great . Amazing level design with some clever shortcuts, beautiful architecture and and an awesome, engaging storyline . Thank you, nicked!

Hey..!!
    I cant climb ladders anymore, neither walk on catwalks !!!!!
    They are absolutely transparentall of suddenly

Phew! Finished after 4hrs 6mins of gameplay.

One obvious comparison that comes to my mind is last year's excellent Morbid Curiosity by Pukey Brunster, similar with the city setting and very enjoyable gameplay. But in Behind Closed Doors... wow, the layout is simply astonishing - multiple ways leading to (almost) every place of interest, open rooftops and very few unavailable places. As I played, I felt as if I had been in some new universe, very unthieflike, if you will, in the fact that you can use nearly all visible items/roads to your advantage (and it takes a lot to come to such conclusions in such an open game as Thief, right?). For the same reason, high amount of backtracking isn't really an issue (actually more like an advantage), because you can reach most locations very fast, if you know how
    I also liked most of the puzzles, which were plentiful, but not painfully difficult for a seasoned thief. Actually, you can notice in recent FMs that objectives have been more and more often divided into many small steps rather than few general goals, which I see as a positive trend. I was surprised by the number of objectives/puzzles nicked was able to stuff into a relatively small city area (not to say that the map in Behind Closed Doors is small, but it's definitely not one of the biggest Thief has seen) without making it seem annoying. Those 4 hours really are filled with activity and by no means dragged out.
    Not much can I say about the audio-visual department except for it being neat and fitting. I haven't found any particular sound or visual lacklustre and there were also many eye-catching views from up high. Some designs especially to my liking included the bank's exterior and Faramund's hideout.
    Overall, what Behind Closed Doors amazes with is an incredibly player-friendly layout, definitely one of the best I have seen in any FM, making the gameplay extremely entertaining. It's an absolute must play for any city-mission enthusiast, and heavily recommended for any taffer out there. I'd rate it as a strong 9.5/10 with very very few reservations to have about. Kudos, nicked!

Thanks! Really glad you liked it!

Quote Originally Posted by nicked View Post
    Has anyone found an easter egg yet?
    I'm guessing there's more than one but I'm taffed if I can find any, any chance of a hint ?

Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5101112131415