TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 42 of 42 FirstFirst ... 271217222732373839404142
Results 1,026 to 1,049 of 1049

Thread: The Seven Sisters Dec.23/07 by Lady Rowena-UPDATED TO VERSION 2

  1. #1026
    Dˇttirin klŠ­ist oft mˇ­ur m÷ttli
    Registered: Apr 2015
    You have to find Knox Journal and Malthus Journal. Read both.
    This has nothing to do with custom scripts.

  2. #1027
    Member
    Registered: Feb 2009
    Location: some ancient Cycladian island
    just a question, as I run through the first 20 pages looking for an answer and got tired ... On expert, I am walking around the town , have not killed or cured anyone yet I only have the vial from doc's cabinet so far,
    not yet in the cathedral,
    and casually looking at the objectives I notice that the optional 'cure everyone' is crossed out. Not big deal maybe, but why??? I didn't alert that stupid un-KO-able baker; he must be still inside his store. Also, didn't let loose any of the victims

  3. #1028
    Member
    Registered: May 2008
    Location: Southern,California
    to cure you use arrow with what looks like holy water ,hit the zombie like people to cure them,on expert you are limited so you sometime have to hit more then one with the timer per pot you take,i think one area i was able to cure 3 with in the timer for one pot

  4. #1029
    Member
    Registered: Feb 2009
    Location: some ancient Cycladian island
    Quote Originally Posted by downwinder View Post
    to cure you use arrow with what looks like holy water ,hit the zombie like people to cure them,on expert you are limited so you sometime have to hit more then one with the timer per pot you take,i think one area i was able to cure 3 with in the timer for one pot
    no...I knew what I had to do to cure them. I forced the mission to end as after healing 5 + B.'s wife the other objective "cure 4" was still empty. About the optional one anyway I found 2 dead(?) unpickable people close to the riverside with the lit fire .Maybe there was a fight between them.

  5. #1030
    Member
    Registered: Mar 2005
    Location: Kent, UK
    What is the most up to date version of this, the one i have on taffers it not the same as the thiefmissions.

  6. #1031
    Member
    Registered: May 2008
    Location: Southern,California
    i think i know what you missed nightchild above where you exit basso and his wife's place there is a area above there house with a window with a person you have t cure there,it was the one person i had to be told about,you need rope arrow to get him

    let me know

  7. #1032
    Member
    Registered: Feb 2009
    Location: some ancient Cycladian island
    Quote Originally Posted by downwinder View Post
    i think i know what you missed nightchild above where you exit basso and his wife's place there is a area above there house with a window with a person you have t cure there,it was the one person i had to be told about,you need rope arrow to get him

    let me know
    no....same thing with night 2...cured all 9 no relevant objectives ticked and I was exploited by both the singer and Pinkys owner...helped them they did the ''take this'' gesture but no money or jewels as reward... Our late Lady R. wrote somewhere on thread for night 2 about 2 .osms necessary. Seems to be missing the witch.osm . And the amount of loot I am missing to reach the 6009 is approximately those two rewards ...I will also force end night 2 as it seems.. version2 btw.

  8. #1033
    Member
    Registered: May 2008
    Location: Southern,California
    maybe its cause its not new dark? i wonder if some one could update it as i know i played this mission at least 5 times and all was in perfect working order before new dark was out

    just throwing out idea's as this is a fantastic series

  9. #1034
    Dˇttirin klŠ­ist oft mˇ­ur m÷ttli
    Registered: Apr 2015
    The counter for the sick people is TrapThreshold, a tnhscript.
    There's an old script module in the zip of this mission. Maybe this doesn't work any more. There's a new one available
    http://www.mediafire.com/file/429s0f..._Bundle1.1.zip
    Delete the old tnhscript module and replace it with the new one.
    You need to restart the mission.
    Last edited by Unna Oertdottir; 17th Nov 2017 at 07:31.

  10. #1035
    Member
    Registered: Feb 2009
    Location: some ancient Cycladian island
    Quote Originally Posted by Unna Oertdottir View Post
    The counter for the sick people is TrapThreshold, a tnhscript.
    There's an old script module in the zip of this mission. Maybe this doesn't work any more. There's a new one available
    http://www.mediafire.com/file/429s0f..._Bundle1.1.zip
    Delete the old tnhscript module and replace it with the new one.
    You need to restart the mission.
    Unna to the rescue once again!
    Although I do not intend to play it again so soon since I finished it some days ago, I'll change the script for future play through but it might be a good idea if someone could add this info in the first page of the thread? just in case ?

  11. #1036
    Moderator
    Registered: May 2000
    Location: Thunder Bay, On., Canada
    I've added it to the first post as a possible fix for the problem. If someone has the time to try it to see if it DOES fix the objective problem, would you please post here or PM me? I'd like to be sure it solves the problem.

  12. #1037
    Dˇttirin klŠ­ist oft mˇ­ur m÷ttli
    Registered: Apr 2015
    nightchild is the best tester, since (s)he reported the bug - it might be related to the operating system.

  13. #1038
    Member
    Registered: Feb 2009
    Location: some ancient Cycladian island
    well, as I said before, I didn't want to play it again so soon but I started it anyway, with the replaced scripts (only one of them had a bigger value than the one I had in root folder btw , maybe the script.osm) and I tried to find the 3 easier found vials: the doctor's, the one in the underwater passage and -by cheating through the wall where the guard zombie is- the vial inside the basement opposite the Mechanists So I did the man at the riverside opposite from the side door to the hammer's area, the woman at doctor's, the guard and the neighbor on first floor ..And Jenivere. The
    'cure at-least 4" again didn't tick ...just the one about Jenivere. Since I now cured the man that at my previous play run was nowhere to be found (killed probably or even drown? ) I think that if I kept playing, the optional "cure all" might finally tick.. but for sure, not the obligatory one: "cure 4" My operating system is win10 pro, i7, 64bit RAM 8GB, CPU 2,30GHz, NVIDIA GEFORCE GT640M

  14. #1039
    Dˇttirin klŠ­ist oft mˇ­ur m÷ttli
    Registered: Apr 2015
    Please upload a savegame somewhere.

  15. #1040
    Member
    Registered: Feb 2009
    Location: some ancient Cycladian island
    Quote Originally Posted by Unna Oertdottir View Post
    Please upload a savegame somewhere.
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/k9g1aumii1...e0011.sav?dl=0

    this is -hopefully- the save from last night's try

  16. #1041
    Dˇttirin klŠ­ist oft mˇ­ur m÷ttli
    Registered: Apr 2015
    You healed 4 out of 6. This should be enough. Looks like it's the tnhscript not working on your rig/Win10.
    Here's a very simple test mission
    http://www117.zippyshare.com/v/VEn9VMbg/file.html
    Frob 4 out of 5 levers and the door behind you should open (it doesn't matter which levers).
    Please test it with old and new tnhscripts.
    Anyone on Win10, please test it as well.

  17. #1042
    Member
    Registered: Feb 2009
    Location: some ancient Cycladian island
    Quote Originally Posted by Unna Oertdottir View Post
    You healed 4 out of 6. This should be enough. Looks like it's the tnhscript not working on your rig/Win10.
    Here's a very simple test mission
    http://www117.zippyshare.com/v/VEn9VMbg/file.html
    Frob 4 out of 5 levers and the door behind you should open (it doesn't matter which levers).
    Please test it with old and new tnhscripts.
    Anyone on Win10, please test it as well.
    I tested it with the scripts from the bundle you provided and the door opens. But I can't test it with "the old tnhscripts" as I had already overwritten them when I extracted the bundle 1.1 in my Thief's folder

  18. #1043
    Dˇttirin klŠ­ist oft mˇ­ur m÷ttli
    Registered: Apr 2015
    The old tnhscript module is in Seven Sisters (in the zip).
    If the new tnhscript.osm is working in the test mission, it should also work in Seven Sisters. Did you restart the mission?

  19. #1044
    Member
    Registered: Feb 2009
    Location: some ancient Cycladian island
    Quote Originally Posted by Unna Oertdottir View Post
    The old tnhscript module is in Seven Sisters (in the zip).
    If the new tnhscript.osm is working in the test mission, it should also work in Seven Sisters. Did you restart the mission?
    should I have extracted the scripts in the fm's folder INSIDE the game's folder?? I extracted them in thief's folder. That is why I still have the objective problem?
    In fm's folder there is: tnhScript.osm size 404kb 5/11/2005
    and in the game's folder: tnhS.osm size 404kb 5/11/2005 and tnhScript.osm size 657kb 4/10/2009

    and yes, I restarted the mission yesterday for the test play.

  20. #1045
    Dˇttirin klŠ­ist oft mˇ­ur m÷ttli
    Registered: Apr 2015
    It doesn't matter whether the tnhscript is in the root folder or in the FM folder if you're using FMsel or NewDarkloader.
    But you must not have old and new scripts in root folder or in the FM folder. For testing, use the old scripts only this time.

  21. #1046
    Member
    Registered: Feb 2009
    Location: some ancient Cycladian island
    Quote Originally Posted by Unna Oertdottir View Post
    It doesn't matter whether the tnhscript is in the root folder or in the FM folder if you're using FMsel or NewDarkloader.
    But you must not have old and new scripts in root folder or in the FM folder. For testing, use the old scripts only this time.
    well, I moved the tnhScript.osm size 657kb from the Thief folder to an other place in my pc and replaced it with the 7sisters tnhScript.osm size 404kb that is located inside the FM's folder in Thief , restarted the trial game and the door opened again by pulling 4 levers

  22. #1047
    Dˇttirin klŠ­ist oft mˇ­ur m÷ttli
    Registered: Apr 2015
    If I load your savegame, I can see that TrapThresHold (the tnhscript) didn't work at all when you played Seven Sisters.
    I don't know why.
    Here's a test miss. It's Seven Sisters Night 1. I moved the starting point to the "blue room" where the six levers for curing the sick people is located.
    Rename original miss22 to miss22a and put this miss22 into the FM folder. Start Night 1 and frob at least 4 levers in front of you on hard/expert difficulty and see what happens. Test it with old and new tnhscripts.
    http://www55.zippyshare.com/v/wKE5KfsS/file.html

    Frob the levers first like this, since this is according to your savegame.
    --> <-- -->
    --> --> <--

  23. #1048
    Member
    Registered: Feb 2009
    Location: some ancient Cycladian island
    Quote Originally Posted by Unna Oertdottir View Post
    If I load your savegame, I can see that TrapThresHold (the tnhscript) didn't work at all when you played Seven Sisters.
    I don't know why.
    Here's a test miss. It's Seven Sisters Night 1. I moved the starting point to the "blue room" where the six levers for curing the sick people is located.
    Rename original miss22 to miss22a and put this miss22 into the FM folder. Start Night 1 and frob at least 4 levers in front of you on hard/expert difficulty and see what happens. Test it with old and new tnhscripts.
    http://www55.zippyshare.com/v/wKE5KfsS/file.html

    Frob the levers first like this, since this is according to your savegame.
    --> <-- -->
    --> --> <--
    before I test it, some questions:
    1.where should I put the new script (and then the old)? in the sisters folder, in thief folder or in both? right now the sisters has the old and the Thief has the new.
    2. I did the renaming, and put the miss22 you uploaded in 7sist. folder .I uninstalled 7sist. When asked if I want the savegames I pressed yes, a window appeared about an error about finding a path (I think), I pressed continue, I started the mission again and it takes me to the normal start of the mission again... I moved to day one and it starts as usually...no levers or blue room. Is this how it should go? If so, it will have to wait for a while as I am trying to finish Undying here and I'm rather in to it for now
    3.I didn't quite understand the graph with ---- and >>> and since I don't see any levers I can't figure it out anyway.
    4. Maybe we should move this thing in pms? I fear we make an already huge thread even bigger for people who want hints.

    ok.. slash no. 2 (my re-installing the mission brought back the originall miss22 again.) Now I am in the blue room trying to understand which levers to use.

    edit2
    if I got it right you mean the first, third, forth and fifth as you stand with your back to the cityscape.
    If so, in my setup, having the old script in 7s. and the new in thief nothing happens.(and btw, only 5 of the 6 are there...the guard is missing)

    edit3
    I put the new script in 7s. (now both folders have the same, new script) and the objective ticked!


    so, Nightwalker you can keep this fix at the first page, as long as both the fm folder and the thief's folder contain the same newer tnhScript the objective ticks properly. (I also used in both folders the old tnhScript but no go)
    Thank you Unna for your time and for your will to help!

    and a last edit... the script should be correct only in the fm's folder as I just tried it the otherway around having the newest one in the fm's folder and the older in thief's folder and the objective also checked
    Last edited by nightchild; 20th Nov 2017 at 13:17.

  24. #1049
    Dˇttirin klŠ­ist oft mˇ­ur m÷ttli
    Registered: Apr 2015
    1. Seven Sisters was made years ago. The players used Darkloader. So, we simulate this. And we also simulate FMSel and NewDarkloader.
    Use FMSel or NewDarkloader. Delete tnhscript in the T2 root folder or rename it (tnhscript_new, tnhscript_old). Delete old tnhscripts in the Seven Sisters FM directory. There's no tnhscript left.
    -Put old tnhscripts into the root folder. Test it.
    -Put new tnhscripts into the root folder. Test it.
    Then delete new+old tnhscripts in the root folder.
    -Put old tnhscripts into the FM folder. Test it.
    -Put new tnhscripts into the FM folder. Test it.
    2. You can't use your savegames. Just start the mission. You're starting outside the map. It's dark there, so you might increase the gamma.
    In your savegame the levers are "pulled" like this (each lever represents a healed person).
    https://imgur.com/a/czrq7

    Edit: so it's just conflicting scripts. My advice: delete the old tnhscript in the Seven Sisters FM folder. Make sure there's tnhscript module in the T2 root folder. You can get it here.
    http://www.mediafire.com/file/429s0f..._Bundle1.1.zip
    Last edited by Unna Oertdottir; 20th Nov 2017 at 13:34.

Page 42 of 42 FirstFirst ... 271217222732373839404142

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •