TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Thread: T2 FM: Of The Sinister Awakening (15 Sept, 2010)

I've used the four elemantal keys.... but the objective doens't tick off and the seal is still in place....is there something more I have to do?

Quote Originally Posted by Master Garett View Post
    I've used the four elemantal keys.... but the objective doens't tick off and the seal is still in place....is there something more I have to do?
    i just played this yesterday and i don't remember anything else. did you get the one in the 1st fl room with the blocked door?
    if so i'd check script or osm files.
    u might have to start over but it's extra fun if you ghost the mechs

I can't remember my own mission. Let me take a look tonight and I'll get back to you.

Sorry for the late response. It should work. Make sure all the elemental locks are "smoking".
    If all fails send me your savegame and I will look at it.

the game says I need NVscripts and that something has to do with win7... but I have win10 and all scripts (nv.osm and tnhS.osm) and anyhow, I just run tafferpacher v218 beta to add the visuals but the mission still has this note on the fence door . What should I do please?

Dóttirin klęšist oft móšur möttli
    Do you use Darkloader? Haplo renamed NVScripts in this mission. This is an very old version, anyway.
    Delete NVS.osm in your FM directory.
    Download NVScript
    http://www.mediafire.com/file/429s0f..._Bundle1.1.zip
    rename NVScripts to NVS.osm and put it in the FM or root folder.

Quote Originally Posted by Unna Oertdottir View Post
    Do you use Darkloader? Haplo renamed NVScripts in this mission. This is an very old version, anyway.
    Delete NVS.osm in your FM directory.
    Download NVScript
    http://www.mediafire.com/file/429s0f..._Bundle1.1.zip
    rename NVScripts to NVS.osm and put it in the FM or root folder.
    Unna to the rescue!
    thank you! I 'll try it.

YEAH!!!! I can play now, thanks!!! (and yes, I use Newdarkloader)
    Last edited by nightchild; 14th Nov 2017 at 16:51.

This is a common issue with old custom scripts which were renamed by the author. Some of them are not working on "modern" Windows versions any more. The players have to replace and rename the scripts. But how would they know it? They don't. In this case, it's easy since NVS.osm is almost the same as NVScript.osm. Glad, it's not called "myosmdontrenameittaffer.osm". I wouldn't know it's NVScript.osm in the first place.
    Sometimes even advanced users have to guess what it is or need to take a look at it in DromEd or it's properties.

This is a common issue with old custom scripts which were renamed by the author. Some of them are not working on "modern" Windows versions any more. The players have to replace and rename the scripts. But how would they know it? They don't. In this case, it's easy since NVS.osm is almost the same as NVScript.osm. Glad, it's not called "myosmdontrenameittaffer.osm". I wouldn't know it's NVScript.osm in the first place.
    Sometimes even advanced users have to guess what it is or need to take a look at it in DromEd or it's properties.

so, if I understand correct you speak about 2 issues.
    First about .osms that have become outdated (which is ok and natural) and you have to dl the newer ones
    and
    second that some .osms might have been renamed by the author.. Just a rhetorical question though; but it made me curious : why should they be renamed at the first place ? Was it some kind of needed workaround for building problems that the authors faced before the newer fixes and programs? (and in retrospect it again appears as a problem exactly due to the new programs containing the proper scripts nowadays ?) Because otherwise I can't see the necessity of the renaming at the first place.

Quote Originally Posted by nightchild View Post
    Just a rhetorical question though; but it made me curious : why should they be renamed at the first place ? Was it some kind of needed workaround for building problems that the authors faced before the newer fixes and programs? (and in retrospect it again appears as a problem exactly due to the new programs containing the proper scripts nowadays ?) Because otherwise I can't see the necessity of the renaming at the first place.
    This used to be a Darkloader issue in the past. Authors wanted to be sure that the game is working with the correct and new script module. That's why they renamed the scripts (Darkloader is loading scripts into the root folder and won't replace NVScript with NVScript). Nowadays, it's not necessary to rename scripts this way if players are using FMSel/NewDarkloader.
    Last edited by Unna Oertdottir; 15th Nov 2017 at 10:49.

This used to be a Darkloader issue in the past. Authors wanted to be sure that the game is working with the correct and new script module. That's why they renamed the scripts (Darkloader is loading scripts into the root folder and won't replace NVScript with NVScript). Nowadays, it's not necessary to rename scripts this way if players are using FMSel/NewDarkloader.
    thank you for the explanation! I think I understand it better now.