TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Earth Flat-lines

Not really. They ARE just dumb. However, it makes you defend what you have understood your whole life. Not many think about how the knowledge first came about and how to prove it without going around the world.

It made me think about how many people have circumnavigated the globe, so I checked. Holy crap! https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_circumnavigations

well, I donno how I screwed that up, but try, try again.
    Fuck it, copy paste you lazy bastards.

edit #3: and there you go,proof of early onset Alzhiemers.
    Last edited by montag; 14th Sep 2017 at 21:20. Reason: 'cause that linkie button hates me

There are probably millions of people who have circumnavigated the globe via commercial airliner with stops. At the risk of sounding like a braggart, I've done it myself several times when I was living in Australia. To a flat earther, circumnavigation just means flying/sailing around in a circle.

If you think going around the world is any proof to them then think again. They are masters at avoiding reason. They then claim magnetic north is the center point of plate world and going around the world is just going in a circle. Magnetic south is the ice rim on the edge of the plate and the government keeps a fleet of warships that patrol just to keep folks from discovering the "truth". When you explain that going from the tip of Africa to the tip of South America would then land a plane in the ocean from lack of fuel not to mention the times of take off and landing would not match up with how it actually is they choke up and remain silent.

I give them marks for inventiveness. To explain time zones they have it posited that the sun works like a flashlight swinging in a circle over the disc. They haven't the wit to explain why the moon and planets appear round or how it is you can view the international space station with a telescope but some of the back flips they employ are quite remarkable to explain things.

Ha! heywood beat me.

Here's a Flight Plan App for the Flat Earth, with spherical flight planning comparisons.

Of course it's created by a globalist... a globular... globby? Flatties lack the math skills to produce such a thing, it seems.

It gave me an idea for a movie, which takes place on a flat earth where the most convoluted and paranoiac beliefs of Flat Earthers are absolutely true.

It opens on a flight between Australia and South Africa. The passengers are anesthetized during a routine mid-air refueling. The cabin crew, wearing breathing masks, work their way down the aisles, adjusting watches and any personal electronics not automatically reprogrammed by the plane's wireless jammers. Suddenly a passenger wakes up and begins panicking. Apparently the sleeping gas has malfunctioned and soon the cabin is alive with shrieking passengers.

Cut to exterior plane. Escape pods are jettisoned.

Cut to the empty cockpit. The camera pans the controls as the unmanned flight yolk trims the plane. The disembodied voice of a man, with a heavy middle eastern accent, argues with the pilots who beg for the lives of their passengers. Shots ring out. The disembodied voice screams "Allahu Akbar!" and the flight yolk pitches the plane downwards in a screaming dive. The shot backs out through the fuselage and travels down the length of the plane, the terrified faces of passengers framed in the windows of the doomed aircraft.

As the plane drops out of shot the camera continues to zoom out and dolly back. As it passes the moon we see it is a frame of metal girders, covered in a shell.

As we pull out further, the encircling Ice Wall can be seen and far in the distance, a yellow oval illuminates the earth directly below it.

The shot holds for a moment and then in the middle of the dark ocean, there is a brief flash of fire.

Cut to newspaper headline "Flight 666 Down! Cockpit Voice Recorder Recovered." The paper folds down to reveal a security guard seated in his guard house. He snaps to action as a menacing limo pulls up to the gate. A rear window winds down and the guard peers into the shaded interior.

"Good Morning, Doctor B! This is a surprise."

"Yes it is, Charlie. Let's keep it zat vay."

An impossibly ancient but bright eyed Wernher von Braun leans into the light and winks playfully at Charlie.

"Keep 'em on their toes, eh Doc?"

"Ja, ja."

As the limo passes through the raised gate Charlie flashes a casual Nazi salute.

Cut to interior NASA Soundstage #3. A full scale model of the ISS sits atop a gimble, in front of an enormous green screen. Actors in space-suits dangle from wire harnesses. News of von Braun's imminent arrival has leaked and people scurry about madly, in anticipation...

Etc., etc..
    Last edited by Nicker; 15th Sep 2017 at 00:44. Reason: please make it stop

Quote Originally Posted by Tocky View Post
    They haven't the wit to explain why the moon and planets appear round or how it is you can view the international space station with a telescope but some of the back flips they employ are quite remarkable to explain things.
    The moon is either a reflection of the earth in the firmament (the dome holding back the infinite waters beyond) or it is a light source similar to the spotlight sun ORRR it is an alien construction, a hollow frame, only finished on the side we can see.

Moderator and Priest
    Quote Originally Posted by Nicker View Post
    It gave me an idea for a movie, which takes place on a flat earth where the most convoluted and paranoiac beliefs of Flat Earthers are absolutely true.
    Your movie needs to be made.

I just wanna roll this flat Earth up and eat it like it's a burrito.

...the only problem is, when I get to China I'll just be hungry again in an hour.

Quote Originally Posted by Queue View Post
    ...the only problem is, when I get to China I'll just be hungry again in an hour.
    I wasted almost an hour kinda half-assedly "researching" these crazies, wow, this is a whole new level of crazy.

My brain hurts, and I think I may need to have it removed, for my own protection.

Re: that matrix quote:
    I guess this is how Isis recruitment works and I know this is how every single player RPG works.
    We all crave transcension to some degree and the rational western world just gives you a Nope, not gonna happen! for it.
    The rational reality is that you're insignificant and your life meaningless. And that is in conflict with what we want.
    It's a very strong emotion and some people will always want to fight for it.

I met a lot of people like these when was in a skeptics' club and I got the impression that many of them just do it for a sense of community and to spice up their lives. A lot of these people are a bit weird or don't fit in and they just seek a sense of belonging, so it's like an excuse to come together. In a way, it's not that dissimilar to what we did at the skeptics' meetups.

Never met a flat-earther, though it doesn't seem all that different from the usual ridiculous things people buy into, like hollow Earth and Nazis in the Antarctic.
    Last edited by Starker; 15th Sep 2017 at 13:46.

Just for shits and giggles, I’ve gone to some of those flat Earth sites to see what they are about. I have a strange sense of humor (still love Douglas Adams) and I find these flatters to be a riot. The curve you see from high altitude shots is due to fish eye lenses. Stanley Kubrick is God. That sort of thing. Priceless.

There are Nazis in the Antarctic? Do they wait for Hitler's return deep-frozen? Haha

Apparently, they mostly spend their time flying advanced disc-shaped aircraft.

Moderator and Priest
    Why do the Nazis always get the coolest stuff?

Because Hitler mistook coolness for military strategy.

The fascists always have the best uniforms. Kenobi VS Vader? Any contest? Really rockin' those thriftstore threads, Obi Wan.

The real Grail is the cup of a carpenter.

That being said, I read that Alec Guinness put on his robe and rolled in it through the dirt of TattoineTunisia, to make it look used.

Moderator and Priest
    Quote Originally Posted by Pyrian View Post
    Because Hitler mistook coolness for military strategy.
    And because of that, military fashion and industrial design has been set back hundreds of years.

Quote Originally Posted by Renzatic View Post
    Why do the Nazis always get the coolest stuff?
    Hugo Boss made their uniforms, Benz their vehicles. Say what you will about the Nazis, but those genocidal fuckers had style.

If people would stop being educated stupid and learn about time cube they'd know the earth isn't flat.

Quote Originally Posted by Jason Moyer View Post
    If people would stop being educated stupid and learn about time cube they'd know the earth isn't flat.
    That is next level crazy! (Don't cubes have 8 corners?) Reminds me of a page I stumbled on that claimed that all cancers are caused by eating your own scabs and boogers, I can't find it now, but it has to be out there somewhere, and I will not rest till I find it. Also, not really related, but I am sworn to spread the word : http://what.h8r.net/fatmouse/fatmouse.htm

I made this into a bumper sticker : "FATMOUSE IS THE NEW SCIENCE OF MATHEMATICS. THE FATMOUSE THEOREM IS:
    FATMOUSE + YOU = FATMOUSE
    Last edited by montag; 17th Sep 2017 at 00:55. Reason: 'cause "boogers"

Still Subjective
    Who would really be surprised is Goldmoon and Vae were flat earthers though?