IS GONNA HAPPEN!

http://www.rockstargames.com/reddeadredemption2/

FALL 2017

TRAILER COMING THIS THURSDAY

GET HYPE

Chakat sex pillow
    Hey, look, maybe this time there'll be a simultaneous PC vers--

verbose douchebag
    My first thought also Sulphur. I wish Sony would give its latest PS backwards compatibility or emulation or something so I could justify buying one.

Quote Originally Posted by henke View Post
    IS GONNA HAPPEN!
    Sweet.

I enjoyed RDR much more than GTAV so this is good news.

Yay, PCs are once again being ignored for 30fps fixed shitty 20th century tech spazzmachines.

Screw you, Rockstar. Screw you.
    Last edited by SD; 19th Oct 2016 at 09:23. Reason: In my rage I missed an f

Level 10,000 achieved
    I was gonna play it on my 20th century spazzmachine anyway, so I don't mind. Only reason I'd wanna get it on PC is because my co-op posse is there. Well, at least Thirith has a PS4 these days. Maybe we can get Malf and Jesh swayed over to the dark side as well.

Quote Originally Posted by faetal View Post
    I wish Sony would give its latest PS backwards compatibility or emulation or something so I could justify buying one.
    Well PS2 emulation is pretty damn good these days. So you could always catch up on the first game that way.

I was gonna play it on my 20th century spazzmachine anyway, so I don't mind. Only reason I'd wanna get it on PC is because my co-op posse is there. Well, at least Thirith has a PS4 these days. Maybe we can get Malf and Jesh swayed over to the dark side as well.
    I'd be up for that. You'd have to do without the soothing tone of my voice, though, since my SpazzStation is in the living room and I wouldn't want to subject my wife to my multiplayer banter. I want her to keep some of her illusions.

But yeah, I'm very much looking forward to TTLG coop in the Wild West. Yeehaw!

Thing What Kicks
    Hey, I have a PS4!
    It's GREAT for Netflix!

Level 10,000 achieved
    w00p!

I don't think I have you on my buddylist. I'm LeeMajorz6k on there (probably). Add me.

Ditto - I think I'm thirith_ch, or otherwise just thirith. I've also started a TTLG community, although it's pretty basic.

I admit I open up Skyrim sometimes just to take long rides on my horse, and use a mod to make critters non-hostile so I'm not disturbed. That's what I want from this. Really hope it comes out on PC eventually.

Here's the short but gorgeous looking trailer:

Whether you like their games or not (for the record, I do), they do create some breathtakingly gorgeous worlds.

Southquarter.com/fms
    Last edited by Brethren; 20th Oct 2016 at 13:53.

Level 10,000 achieved
    Very gorgeous graphics (for what that's worth, at this early stage), but the overall production leaves me a bit cold.

For comparison and reference, here's the debut trailer for Redemption:

It's one of my favourite trailers. The opening monologue draws you into the time and place immediately, and without even spoiling anything of the plot.

btw, Brethren, your first link is broken.

Southquarter.com/fms
    Link fixed. Btw, the Playstation Now service will of course be streaming the PS3 version of RDR, which runs at 640p (instead of the 360's 720p).

Great news on this one. Take Two's stock price jumped(good for me ATM) after this announcement.

I had a hardware crash about halfway through the first game....I still need to beat that game sometime, which I can't do at the moment due to a mold problem in my TV room. This reminds me that I need to get around to that once the problem is fixed.

Level 10,000 achieved
    Quote Originally Posted by Brethren View Post
    Link fixed. Btw, the Playstation Now service will of course be streaming the PS3 version of RDR, which runs at 640p (instead of the 360's 720p).
    Also PS Now is only available in the US and Canada at the moment.

Quote Originally Posted by Thirith View Post
    Here's the short but gorgeous looking trailer:
    Sweet.

Level 10,000 achieved
    RDR2 delayed until Spring 2018

That leaves me with no big releases to look forward to for the rest of the year, weirdly enough. 2016 was packed with things to get hyped about, but I think pretty much everything I was excited about in 2017 has come out already. Not that I've played it all. Maybe I'll finally be able to catch up on everything I've yet to play.

Maybe I'll finally be able to catch up on everything I've yet to play.
    That's mainly what I'm thinking. Also makes it easier to concentrate on some of the B material (that sometimes turns out to be surprise A+ material), because I've had situations where I made myself play a game I wasn't all that excited about before getting stuck in a current title I very much was excited about, and the result was usually that I played them half-heartedly, thinking that I'd rather play this other game. Not the best way to give a game a genuine chance.

PC Gamering Smartey Man
    I <3 consoles and gamepads

Prequel confirmed.
    The new clip delves a bit more into the story of the game, which — like its predecessor — is a gritty Western drama. Rockstar describes the narrative as “the story of outlaw Arthur Morgan and the Van der Linde gang as they rob, fight, and steal their way across the vast and rugged heart of America in order to survive.”
    https://www.theverge.com/2017/9/28/1...-story-trailer

I'm cautiously excited for this one. I finished RDR1 this year and it was excellent, it totally lived up to the hype. Just had to get past the boring first 5 hrs or so of doing mundane shit, mostly garbage mini-games like herding cattle.