TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 67891011

Thread: Prey (2017) - Arkane Austin

Chakat sex pillow
    Quote Originally Posted by froghawk View Post
    I thought they fixed that in the last generation of games? I didn't play Skyrim or FO4 (quite sick of their approach of sticking a ton of stuff in their games but doing all of it poorly), but I remember playing Oblivion with a mod that took away the loading screens, at least for entering cities.
    You're talking about a dev team that's been content to use the same engine framework for the past 15 years people despite complaining about this since Morrowind. No, it has not been fixed.

I finally got started on this on Friday, and I like it a lot so far. Exploration is interesting and feels dangerous, and I like how this both captures and updates the gameplay and atmosphere of System Shock. In fact, since there's a whiff of art deco to the art design, I can't help thinking that I wish Bioshock had been like this: not a shooter first and foremost but a game that puts you in a fascinating environment and gives you a whole range of tools to survive. I would've loved Rapture if it hadn't been solely about shooting people in the face.

Quick question: does/did anyone else have ridiculously long loading times? The ones in-game are bad enough, but when I launch Prey, it takes several minutes before I even get a black screen, let alone the company logos. I'll try installing the game on SSD, but even on HDD those are some pretty damn long loading times.

That never happed to me.

I'm hoping that reinstalling the game on SSD will help. Another technical issue I've found very annoying: detailed texture tend to pop in very late, seconds after I'm right in front of a blurry, low-res screen thinking that graphics ought to be a bit sharper in 2017...

Loving the game in spite of these issues, mind you.

I definitely felt the loading times - not so much because they were long, but because I saw a loading screen every minute running around the station late game. And yeah, also experience the texture pop-in. It's interestingly set up - if your computer doesn't support high textures, it simply won't load them at all (and thus will perform fine). I haven't seen a game do that before.

Result! I've reinstalled the game, this time on my SSD, and the loading times have gone from several minutes (more than 5 minutes until I was actually in the game!) to less than a minute.