TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 45 of 47 FirstFirst ... 51015202530354041424344454647 LastLast
Results 1,101 to 1,125 of 1157

Thread: Sneaky Upgrade: Unofficial patch for Thief 3

Sneaky Upgrader
    If you're using dgVoodoo or a similar wrapper, try disabling it.

Try disabling the 'frozen mouse cursor' fix on the tweaker's troubleshooting page. (If you've increased Windows' font size you'll have to restore it then.)

Try the previous version - installing the Update edition will do. The new version has some fixes in how the cursor is handled, but apparently making every case work is impossible.

If you find a solution, please report it here.

For me the windowed mode and window dragging is working perfectly (and I'm using dgVoodoo2).

I managed to fix it by using the older version and windowed/borderless windowed mode.

The same changes in the current version of the mod did NOT solve the issue - cursor remained unbound in both windowed and borderless windowed modes.

Sneaky Upgrader
    OK, thanks. I'll see if I can improve it, or at least add another troubleshooting option.

Hey y'all, just getting back into TDS to check out the latest Sneaky Upgrade version. I did a clean install of TDS (GoG version) then ran the Sneaky Upgrade (full version) installer. Every mod option was checked but the minimalist stuff appears to not actually be installed. Also, the animations (such as bow draw) are really wonky, the arrow comes up *through* your arm as you knock the arrow, then it sort of 'snaps' into the normal aim position. I'm sure that can't be as intended.

Thanks for any help!

Well, I finished playing with the previous version (1.1.7) and it was great. The only gripes I have (that I already complained ages ago) is that at each time I have to install a new version, I have to manually cut the modifications the minimalist project introduces (I like the visual alterations of Minimalist project, but I hate the gameplay changes - the playstiles thing that limits gameplay and give the game less freedom) after installing it.

So my question is: How hard is it to make an option to install just the visuals/huds of the minimalist project while keeping the vanilla gameplay intact? I know how to do it manually, but why not having the option in the installer? I think it's the only big thing missing making this Mod/patch perfect.

Sneaky Upgrader
    Quote Originally Posted by molleh View Post
    I did a clean install of TDS (GoG version) then ran the Sneaky Upgrade (full version) installer. Every mod option was checked but the minimalist stuff appears to not actually be installed.
    So the MP is checked and not greyed out on the start-up page of the tweaker?

Check the contents of C:\ProgramData\Thief 3 Sneaky Upgrade\Installed Mods\Minimalist Project (assuming you're using the default mods path.) It should look somewhat like the T3 install, with Content and System folders. If it's missing or empty, reinstall the SU after a reboot, with AV disabled during installation. If it looks OK, set the log level to Dump in the tweaker and run the game once. Then zip up the log (C:\ProgramData\Thief 3 Sneaky Upgrade\Sneaky.log) and upload it somewhere. (It's going to be too large for pasting it in here.)

Also, the animations (such as bow draw) are really wonky, the arrow comes up *through* your arm as you knock the arrow, then it sort of 'snaps' into the normal aim position.
    The Garrett Animations mod has a side effect like this, so that's probably what you're seeing. Can't be helped, unfortunately. You can switch off the mod but then you lose the much improved leaning.

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Slaughter View Post
    So my question is: How hard is it to make an option to install just the visuals/huds of the minimalist project while keeping the vanilla gameplay intact? I know how to do it manually, but why not having the option in the installer? I think it's the only big thing missing making this Mod/patch perfect.
    Describing in great detail what you did will increase the odds of such an option happening. (It's been a long while since I worked on the MP.)

Ah, I didn't realize SU changed since the last time I tried it to have a complete load order mod system. I just had to check the box in the tweaking tool. The work you (all) put into this whole thing is mind boggling! Thank you so much.

**scratch previous questions, I went through another fresh install, leaving out the new animations and MP because I found that the included tweaks with SU gave me all I needed. The original Thief 3 UI with proper widescreen support and user-adjustable scaling actually looks really good even by modern standards IMO.

Also, thanks to my Soundblaster Z + ALchemy I have proper EAX support as well. Thievery has never been better
    Last edited by molleh; 31st May 2017 at 00:11.

With regard to the new Thief 3 Gold Inn mission, I like what's been done to remove the tutorial stuff, and make it more of a proper mission. I tried to play it on expert, and I was completely unable to find all three of the Special Loot items. Is that because its the intermediate map and isn't done yet, or did I just miss something? I found the dagger and the builder's ingot, but couldn't find anything else.

Quote Originally Posted by Shoshin View Post
    With regard to the new Thief 3 Gold Inn mission, I like what's been done to remove the tutorial stuff, and make it more of a proper mission. I tried to play it on expert, and I was completely unable to find all three of the Special Loot items. Is that because its the intermediate map and isn't done yet, or did I just miss something? I found the dagger and the builder's ingot, but couldn't find anything else.
    They are definitely in the map.

There's a bottle of wine in the cellar on the highest shelf. It's reeeeeally easy to miss.

Thanks.

Hi, I'm having a problem with Thief 3 Deadly Shadows on my laptop where it always runs on integrated graphics despite me having a dedicated graphics card (960m). I've changed the usual settings in the Nvidia control panel so that the game should prefer the Nvidia card but I can see in GPU-Z that it's still running on integrated despite these changes (causing low FPS).

Is this a known issue? Are there any fixes?

Also Sneaky upgrade patch is fantastic

Thanks

Sneaky Upgrader
    You have Windows 10? I think pre-DX9 games are forced to run on the integrated GPU on Win10 - another unpleasant side effect of the 'best Windows ever'.

The best fix right now is probably using dgVoodoo. To try it out, just copy the D3D8.dll from that archive into the game's System folder. The game should then show a watermark, and will run as D3D11. If it fixes this issue you'll probably want to copy in the dgVoodoo config tool too, to remove the watermark and increase the graphics memory.

Thanks for the praise.

Zombified
    forcing the gpu via the nvidia control panel doesn't work anymore?

Quote Originally Posted by snobel View Post
    You have Windows 10? I think pre-DX9 games are forced to run on the integrated GPU on Win10 - another unpleasant side effect of the 'best Windows ever'.

The best fix right now is probably using dgVoodoo. To try it out, just copy the D3D8.dll from that archive into the game's System folder. The game should then show a watermark, and will run as D3D11. If it fixes this issue you'll probably want to copy in the dgVoodoo config tool too, to remove the watermark and increase the graphics memory.

Thanks for the praise.
    This worked for me - thanks so much!

Edit: @voodoo47 it might be something to do with Optimus I've no idea, but until I tried the above solution the panel route didn't work.

Describing in great detail what you did will increase the odds of such an option happening. (It's been a long while since I worked on the MP.)
    Sorry about the delay.

What I do to get my so called "perfect" minimalist experinece, which is keep vanilla difficulty but get the nice HUD improvements is the following:

- Normally install minimalist project that comes with Sneaky Upgrade.
    - Then I restore the files "Screens.sch", "UI.sch", "T3gamesys.t3u", replacing the modified MP's ones to their original versions, which is saved in a backup folder.
    - Next, I change the difficulty parameters in "default.ini" to their original values, since they're all the same in MP playstyles:

[Difficulty]
    ; -- THIEF 3
    ;
    ; AI visual acuity multiplier - how well AIs can see
    Difficulty_AIVisual_Mult_Easy=0.9
    Difficulty_AIVisual_Mult_Normal=1.0
    Difficulty_AIVisual_Mult_Hard=1.15
    Difficulty_AIVisual_Mult_Expert=1.2
    ;
    ; AI auditory acuity multiplier - how well AIs can hear
    Difficulty_AIAudio_Mult_Easy=0.8
    Difficulty_AIAudio_Mult_Normal=1.0
    Difficulty_AIAudio_Mult_Hard=1.03
    Difficulty_AIAudio_Mult_Expert=1.13
    ;
    ; AI tactile acuity multiplier - how well AIs can feel
    Difficulty_AITactile_Mult_Easy=1.0
    Difficulty_AITactile_Mult_Normal=1.0
    Difficulty_AITactile_Mult_Hard=1.0
    Difficulty_AITactile_Mult_Expert=1.0
    ;
    ; AI hitpoints multiplier - all AI starting hitpoints will be scaled by this
    Difficulty_AIHitPoints_Mult_Easy=0.75
    Difficulty_AIHitPoints_Mult_Normal=1.0
    Difficulty_AIHitPoints_Mult_Hard=1.2
    Difficulty_AIHitPoints_Mult_Expert=1.3
    ;
    ; AI combat speed multiplier - all AI combat animations are scaled by this
    Difficulty_AICombatSpeed_Mult_Easy=1.0
    Difficulty_AICombatSpeed_Mult_Normal=1.0
    Difficulty_AICombatSpeed_Mult_Hard=1.1
    Difficulty_AICombatSpeed_Mult_Expert=1.2
    ;
    ; AI-to-player damage multiplier - all damage applied to the player by the AI is scaled by this
    Difficulty_AIToPlayerDamage_Mult_Easy=0.5
    Difficulty_AIToPlayerDamage_Mult_Normal=1.0
    Difficulty_AIToPlayerDamage_Mult_Hard=1.25
    Difficulty_AIToPlayerDamage_Mult_Expert=1.5
    By doing that, the game returns to it vanilla difficulty modes, but you have the smaller HUD graphics from the MP. Also, it restores the names of the difficulties to their original names, instead of those called "play styles"

I do this because I hate the "play styles" modes offered by MP: They limit your gameplay forcing you to play in a determined way, taking the open and free gameplay of thief games away. For example: If you chose assassin play style, you are obligated to kill some AI to complete the mission, and in ghost mode you can't even be detected. Original difficulties left this decision on the hands of players: If you wanna ghost, but decided to knock guards in the middle of the mission, you can in vanilla (and previous thief games).

One thing someone complained about vanilla in the beginning of this thread is that MP fix wall-hugging invisibility. I never ever noticed this bug in vanilla, and a better fix is just unbind wall hugging key, since this is not necessary at all and previous thief games had no wall hugging.

What I'm suggesting is that you give an option that restore those original files and the original difficulty parameters in "default.ini" in the installer, and maybe call the option Minimalist Project Visual improvements only. I would guess that wouldn't be so difficult to implement, but I wouldn't know.

Anyway, thanks.

I feel like the Bottle of Wine should be put in an easier location to find!

Don't want to be too negative, but I feel like the location of that object is pretty stupid.

Also, thank you for the fix for MP playstyles. Those playstyles are so limiting and generally make the game more linear, and they make the game feel like a chore.

Sneaky Upgrader
    I'm sure the special loot items are either placeholders, or there will be clues to their location in the final expanded Inn.

I'll see if the MP play styles etc. can be made optional in a clean way.

I'm sure the special loot items are either placeholders, or there will be clues to their location in the final expanded Inn.

Awesome!!! Thank you for looking into that. <3

Yay! Can't wait!

"I do this because I hate the "play styles" modes offered by MP"

Same here. But will following your steps also restore the missing loot objectives?

Quote Originally Posted by Cigam View Post
    "I do this because I hate the "play styles" modes offered by MP"

Same here. But will following your steps also restore the missing loot objectives?
    Missing loot? well, I finished with 100% loot in all missions. Which missing loot you're talking about? If you're talking about objectives/restrictions/requirements to finish the mission, it all returns to vanilla settings, so expert you have to collect more than in easy.

Yes, I mean will the "find x% of loot" return so that you will have all the same objectives/requirments/restrictions for each skill. If so then great.

It is a pity that this playstyle thing is there, as it does flaw the gem somewhat.

One other thought, did the original MP alter the objectives/restrictions? If not then wonder if it would be possible to make a hybrid just by replacing the old textures with the newer ones.

Quote Originally Posted by Cigam View Post
    Yes, I mean will the "find x% of loot" return so that you will have all the same objectives/requirments/restrictions for each skill. If so then great.

It is a pity that this playstyle thing is there, as it does flaw the gem somewhat.

One other thought, did the original MP alter the objectives/restrictions? If not then wonder if it would be possible to make a hybrid just by replacing the old textures with the newer ones.
    It returns to everything vanilla. Older MP also changed play-styles IIRC.

Have installed GoG T3 + SU. Two problem, if someone knows the answer.

First there is no mouse pointer. I do not mean it is frozen, just that it is invisible. If you correctly guess the correct spot and click it will activate the option as normal.

Second, I switched on HW sound mixing and the sound went off completely.

Any tips, thanks.

Page 45 of 47 FirstFirst ... 51015202530354041424344454647 LastLast