TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile

Thread: Installing TafferPatcher to get DromEd to work properly with Thief 2

Installing TafferPatcher to get DromEd to work properly with Thief 2

Hi, I've seen on the forums on here on how to install TafferPatcher in order to get DromEd to work with Thief 2 but I'm not sure with Thief Gold which I have, I believe you have to install it manually for that game. Anyway, there are so many forums about installing TafferPatcher that I don't know which one is the latest version for me to install, I don't want to install an outdated version that could cause a problem later on, will someone direct me to the latest version please, I never done this before, I don't want to make a mistake, thank you!

To make things clear, hopefully, there is a patch for Thief, Thief Gold, and Thief 2 called the New Dark patch. That is what makes the games, and dromed, work so well with modern hardware.

Then there are two programs that will install that New Dark patch pretty much pain-free (if you read and follow the instructions) so you don't have to do it manually. Tafferpatcher is for Thief 2, as you already know. And TFix is for Thief and Thief Gold. Unless I'm mistaken, each of these will install the latest version of the New Dark patch.

So, for Thief 2, you use Tafferpatcher.

And for Thief and Thief Gold, you use TFix.

I hope that helps. If you have questions, let us know. If you have trouble installing, or questions about either program, it's probably better to post in one of those threads.

Ok, thanks! I have Thief Gold and 2 installed on my computer using Steam, now I did copy the Thief Gold and 2 folders from the Steam folder and put them in a separate folder in my Games folder which is the path Local Disk(C/Games/thief_2 instead of using the path Local Disk(C/Program Files(x86)/Steam/steamapps/common/thief_2 Hope this is a good set up to make sure that the same doesn't crash or have any other problems after I install the New Dark Patch and TafferPatcher, what do you think of this installation set-up I have, is it ok? Just want to make sure, thanks!