TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile

Thread: Installing DromEd and getting it to work with Thief Gold and 2

Installing DromEd and getting it to work with Thief Gold and 2

Hi, now that I got TFix, the New Dark Patch and TafferPatcher installed with my Thief Gold and 2 successfully, I want to know how to get DromEd to work with my new modded Thief version, I don't see a video on Youtube of a step by step for this tutorial, but I would glad appreciate anyone taking the time to help me, this is not my 1st time doing this, so it's good to ask questions about something you don't know too much about. Thanks!
    Last edited by mcmike1489; 23rd Jul 2017 at 16:48.

Nevermind on this thread I posted, I got it working just fine! Sorry, I wasn't sure at all. But It's weird, only when I open DromEd in Thief 2, I get an error message that says: Singleton link expected (Contains [0 --arrow 3458]) [2] (File: RELATION.CPP, Line: 188) (Yes to trap, No to exit, Cancel to ignore) I click on cancel and DromEd still works, but everytime I open it, I get that same error message for no reason, I don't know why.

Zombified
    let TafferPatcher install Dromed for you

it's repeated five times, hopefully that will be enough.

Dude, I'm so sorry, maybe because I havn't made myself clear enough, anyway, it's working now. On another note, before you say let Tafferpatcher install for you, just one more thing and then I'll be on my way. I want to install Thief 2X: Shadows of the Metal Age, does TafferPatcher install that as well or separately as a standalone? Just making sure because I don't want you to say for the 6th time, let TafferPatcher install that for you as well. I'm terribly sorry for not explaining myself better. I'm just so anxious and excited to get that to work as well.

Zombified
    see the last part of the first post here.

But TFix is only for Thief 1 and Gold only. Thief 2X won't support TFix, so unless if I'm wrong, I won't be a taffer to you no longer, I'll just figure it on my own.

The last part of that post has nothing to do with Tfix. That post is rather long, but you can find the T2 instructions at the end of that post.

Oh ok, so installing Thief 2X should be the same instructions, download it and install it in the Thief 2 directory and run it from there, the reason why I even question it in the first place that with having TafferPatcher and the New Dark Patch installed in Thief 2, I wasn't sure if installing Thief 2X with those patches intact would require additional software and files to get it to run properly without possibly crashing back to the desktop, despite this game is really old, I have to make sure what I do, doesn't screw me up, if you know what I mean.

Zombified
    you seem to have a fundamental problem reading (and following) instructions (you are the same guy, I assume). lets hit ctrl+c and ctrl+v again;

-install T2
    -patch up with latest TafferPatcher, let it create the T2 FM shortcut
    -install T2x
    -run the T2 FM shortcut, and let it create the FMs folder, exit
    -move the T2x folder to the FMs folder
    -extract T2xfix to the T2x folder, overwrite
    -run the T2 FM shortcut, double click T2x

you should already have the first two steps complete, so continue from "install T2x", follow everything to the letter, and things will work just fine.
    Last edited by voodoo47; 24th Jul 2017 at 03:56.

Ok, thanks, that's all I needed to know. Of course you install it like normal, but maybe when I made myself clear earlier, I meant to say, with adding the New Dark Patch and TafferPatcher, is the installation different than installing Thief 2X by itself without any patches or fixes. Thank you, I'm glad I'm able to understand this better now. Dude, I really appreciate your help! I guess I owe you big time for helping me figure this out. If I have any problems or questions, I'll ask, otherwise, have a nice day!