TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile

Thread: Installing the New Dark Patch, TFix, TafferPatcher in the right order

Installing the New Dark Patch, TFix, TafferPatcher in the right order

Hi, I don't know too much about what the New Dark Patch, TFix and TafferPatcher is or what it does to the Thief Gold and Thief 2 games which I have installed already on my computer, all I know is that it upgrades the graphics and fixes some bug issues within the games, but not much else. I have some questions before attempting to install them so I don't mess up my game. What is the difference between them? Do I need to install additional software in order for the New Dark Patch, TFix and TafferPatcher to work properly? And most importantly, I want to install them in the right order without guessing so I don't skip a step, can you show me step by step please at least, for example, for Thief 2, Install New Dark Patch first then install TaffferPatcher, and for Thief Gold, Install TFix and that's it? I feel that installing all 3 of these programs is very critical so I need to make sure that I can install them without major headaches, I need to make this perfectly clear, thanks for understanding my way of thinking, I appreciate it!

Zombified
    Quote Originally Posted by voodoo47 View Post
    TFix is an all-in-one fix pack for Thief and Thief Gold (apply & play, no other fixes are necessary). it uses NewDark, the latest update of the Dark Engine
    same goes for TafferPatcher.

Ok, I know that, but to make things clear, sorry for explaining it in a long paragraph in the first place, to get to the point, what is the step by step order to install the New Dark Patch and TafferPatcher for Thief 2? I'll follow the instructions when I install, I just want to know install New Dark Patch first and then TafferPatcher or install TafferPatcher and then New Dark Patch after? Since there is only 1 patch installing for Thief Gold, thanks for letting me know on that, now just need to know the steps for Thief 2.

Zombified
    the entire point of an all-in-one patcher is that you don't need anything else. so yeah, you don't need anything else.

Cool, so that answers my question for Thief Gold, so I guess I'll install New Dark Patch first and then TafferPatcher for Thief 2, either way, on how I install it, as long as both are installed together, they're should be no problems running it in Thief 2.

Zombified
    Quote Originally Posted by mcmike1489 View Post
    I'll install New Dark Patch first and then TafferPatcher for Thief 2
    which part of "you only need the patcher(s)" did you not understand, I wonder. anyway, lets repeat it just for good measure;

YOU
    ONLY
    NEED
    THE
    PATCHER(S)

Good news I managed to get TFix for Thief Gold working great, thanks! That takes care of that. But now, I need to figure out for Thief 2 on the step by step New Dark Patch and TafferPatcher, I would appreciate if you can tell me in right order how to install those patches correctly, thanks! PS. I found this video step by step on Youtube explaining how to install TafferPatcher and New Dark Patch, but it seems like it could be outdated? I'm not sure, here is the link what it looks like.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gRwWzLlEAPc
    Last edited by mcmike1489; 23rd Jul 2017 at 03:59.

Zombified
    I think someone making me repeat myself for the fourth time is a new record, so congratulations, I guess - so again, for T2,

YOU
    ONLY
    NEED
    TAFFERPATCHER

you can follow that video if you really, really want, though I would strongly suggest using FMselect if you want to play fan missions (the guy in the video talks about darkloader, which shouldn't be used).

Thanks, but I was able to figure it out myself, I'm sorry for wasting your time if I was, I'm now done, have a nice day! I kinda helped myself on this one. PS. If you were a guard and I was Garrett, you would say, stop wasting my time, you taffer! LOL!!!
    Last edited by mcmike1489; 23rd Jul 2017 at 05:31.

Zombified
    well, most people don't have too much trouble figuring out how to run one exe in the first place.. lol.

Well, I was feeling unsure of what I needed to do, until I watched that step by step video closely and it worked!

ZylonBane
    So basically, you started this thread to ignore all advice given in it.

Zombified
    all the stuff posted at the steam forum included.

ZylonBane
    Classic not-listening customer syndrome. They get it fixated in their head that they need to do XYZ, and any answer other than, "Here's how you do XYZ" gets filtered out.

Well, the video I saw was from a few years ago so I was still taking the advice on here, but I wanted to make sure, your advice was up to date and nothing has changed with installing those patches and fixes to the game itself. If you know what I mean.