TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile

Thread: Help Please

Help Please

Hello everyone, I am trying to record Thief Deadly Shadows with the Sneaky Upgrade patch. I am using XSplit because OBS freezes on me. I recorded successfully until the training mission loaded. It resumed recording when the official first level loaded. Xsplit has said that any patches or 3rd party apps may be the problem. Has anyone figured a way around this? Or any other causes? Is it worth it to uninstall the patch and play normally, or look for a new recording software? Any input is extremely helpful. I have a standard computer, but this should have not affected this. Please let me know any solutions. Thank you very much.

Sneaky Upgrader
    Thief 3 is peculiar because the game will restart itself every time you start a new level. So the window that the recording software is watching goes away when the game exits and is then recreated a bit later by the new game instance - at which point the recording software is likely quite confused...

If I remember it right it's possible to get around it when using OBS by recording the entire desktop - if XSplit has such an option, try that. Recording the game running in a virtual machine is also a possibility, but probably not a pleasant experience.

The patch shouldn't make a difference, because the behaviour of the original, unpatched game is the same.

Thank you

Quote Originally Posted by snobel View Post
    Thief 3 is peculiar because the game will restart itself every time you start a new level. So the window that the recording software is watching goes away when the game exits and is then recreated a bit later by the new game instance - at which point the recording software is likely quite confused...

If I remember it right it's possible to get around it when using OBS by recording the entire desktop - if XSplit has such an option, try that. Recording the game running in a virtual machine is also a possibility, but probably not a pleasant experience.

The patch shouldn't make a difference, because the behaviour of the original, unpatched game is the same.
    Thank you very much. I will try to make this work. Maybe I will have to record and stop recording and so on and so forth and splice the videos together at the end. Now I know the reason it is much easier to problem solve. Thank you once again