TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 45 of 45 FirstFirst ... 5101520253035404142434445
Results 1,101 to 1,115 of 1115

Thread: T2 FMS : a night in Rocksbourg 1 and 2 (12/29/05)

Sounds good. I tried to implement the style from Calendra's Cistern. I think there's information on there that anyone who lived for a short time in Rocksbourg would be able to pick up, without giving away anything about the objectives or hidden entrances (vent systems, rooftops, etc).
    Klatremus' Supreme Thief Site - Walkthroughs, Loot Lists & Ghost Reports
    Let's Supreme Ghost Thief - YouTube Channel with Thief Let's Plays

@ kaltremus

I was wondering; if you have done or in the process of doing; a walkthrough video of this mission. I've always enjoyed your walkthroughs on Youtube channel; although they are rather long. IMO this mission is rather difficult but good.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. headbone View Post
    I was wondering; if you have done or in the process of doing; a walkthrough video of this mission. I've always enjoyed your walkthroughs on Youtube channel; although they are rather long. IMO this mission is rather difficult but good.
    Yes as stated earlier the main reason for making this map is because I am doing recorded Supreme Ghost runs of the Rocksbourg series. I have one other mission to do before starting those however. The Rocksbourg series is high on my list of priorities both due to its quality and its difficulty. I enjoy those tough ones.

I know my videos are long, but that's the life of a ghoster I'm afraid (especially Supreme). I don't really know how to make them shorter while still covering all that I want. Sorry if they drag on sometimes.

Oh no don't get me wrong; I enjoy them [your vids] very much. You're eye for detail IMO is great. Thanks bro

Guess I should bump this too and say that my LP of mission 1 is done. Watch it HERE.

Impossible to ghost

The area in mission 1 where there is a blonde male civilian with a female mech caster standing at an arched wooden gate. I have found the alternate route through the vent system but there is a bright torch and no water arrows untill after I get passed to the well. It's a great FM and all but I think I speak for everyone when I say we want to be able to ghost the missions.

Quote Originally Posted by Tobias View Post
    The area in mission 1 where there is a blonde male civilian with a female mech caster standing at an arched wooden gate. I have found the alternate route through the vent system but there is a bright torch and no water arrows untill after I get passed to the well. It's a great FM and all but I think I speak for everyone when I say we want to be able to ghost the missions.
    Can you get take a screenshot of the place?

I dont know why its so dark. Lame ass MS paint doesnt let me brighten it up. and when I do so in game it makes no difference.

I think i ghosted this. It involved some heavy duty climbing. I'm not sure, I'll try tomorow or later today.

Check out video klatremus posted few posts above.

Yeah literally the post directly above your first one Tobias has a link to my let's play for this mission. I Perfect Thief Rocksbourg 1 there (successful ghost with full loot). There are plenty of water arrows to be had before this point, but you are right in that you have to douse the torch outside to proceed (both torches in fact). Working my way through Rocksbourg 2 as we speak. That one should be ghostable but not perfect thievable.

I recently completed A Night in Rocksbourg: A New Beginning and the biggest challenge for me was searching for a key to the second floor of this crazy dudes mansion.

That's my stream, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0YtzYUx5SF0 and this holy moment is on 02:23:00

Is there any clue for this key placement? Cause it's almost impossible to find it without one. I spend tons of time trying to figure out it and eventually checked the forum for the clue...

In other aspects, this is an excellent, interesting mission. I plan to play the second chapter soon.

The hunt for two different and well-hidden keys, like this one, has been widely criticized for this mission, and postings like yours will haunt the author, DrK, to the end of his days. I do not know whether there was a good hint on the location of this key, but if so, then many players missed it. Myself included.

However, DrK learned from that, and his later missions do not have vital keys hidden in obscure places, so you can continue your trip through Rocksbourg without fear. Fear connected to keys, at least...

L'architecte de Rocksbourg
    Not again !

It does haunt me to this day. I promise this kind of thing won't happen ever again, sorry about that.

My memory of my first playthrough is a little foggy, but I do remember getting enough clues that I should look for those two keys, and narrowed down pretty well where to look for them. I am sure I found the one in the canal/sewer without help, can't remember about the other one.

Page 45 of 45 FirstFirst ... 5101520253035404142434445