TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile

Thread: Thief 2 stats bug with zombies

Thief 2 stats bug with zombies

In this particular case when a zombie is knocked down from repeated bashes of the player's sword, and the zombie is repeatedly hit while acting like a possum, the Back Stabs and Others Killed stats continue to increase with each hit. If the zombie resurrects and is knocked down again there is another point added to the Others Killed stat. This has been observed by my beta testers as well as myself so I don't think it is due to anyone's installation. Has anyone heard of this bug?

Hmm I think that's just how the AI script reacts to the natural messages and ZombieRegen interferes with that.

I tried to track it down but haven't found anything that looks like it, there is a function DefaultOnSlain() but didn't find that either.
    How are these stats tracked are these QVars?

I'm sure they aren't QVars but I'm not sure if it is tied to the ZombieRegen script or if it's something in New Dark causing this. I never noticed this error in Thief 1.18.

Desperately dodgy geezer
    All the stats in the debrief screen are stored in QVars, so you might be able to add -1 to them each time these triggers happen to prevent them from being incremented.

Well I added a Receptron to the M-ZombiePossum metaproperty that aborts the Slashstim from a sword and that eliminated the extra Others Killed counts, but if the zombie is resurrected and knocked down again the Others Killed is still incremented by one again. Now I need to figure out how to increment the Others Killed by -1 every time the zombie resurrects without using extra objects per zombie.

Desperately dodgy geezer
    You might try catching the Slain message with NVRelayTrap on the archetype, and set NVRelayTrapTDest to a QVarTrap that adds -1.

I'll try that Russ, thanks!